lightningtiger

MOC: Australian National Flat Box Car

traintech1.jpg

Since my town is Aussie based, so should my rail network too !

Here is a start - a flat bed box car used since the 1950's I guess we would still find these in the country some where ? :grin:

an_flat_1.jpg

an_flat_2.jpg

I know it's a bit plain, but hey it's just a simple workhorse of the railroad isn't eh ? :grin:

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by TheBrickster

Well done! These are the basis of rail freight transport in Australia, we don't tend to have as many box cars, tankers, hoppers etc. crossing the continent. Instead we have cars like this beauty hauling shipping containers and steel. Well done lightningtiger! Perhaps you could consider sharing this and your other Aussie creations over at ANZFOL too? :classic:

Thank you 'Captain Zuloo' for those very kind words, maybe I might just do that, man I'll be posting a lot won't I eh ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thank you 'Captain Zuloo' for those very kind words, maybe I might just do that, man I'll be posting a lot won't I eh ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Nice flat car LT. Since you've done the hard work building and taking the photos, it's traditional to share the love widely; EB, Flickr, ANZFOL, Brickshelf, MocPages ...:-)

I've been mucking around with one myself (trying to distract myself from problems I'm having with a German steam train) but I haven't got very far. You build really well and quickly.

Peter

Thanks for your reply 'peterab' - yeah this flat bed only took two days all up including getting the parts - next I'm thinking of a small refridgerated box car for milk/dairy deliveries to the town (again yeap sticker job it will be) !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

If you are going to build a milk car, you could build it in blue/white and stick PURA milk logos on it.

If you are going to build a milk car, you could build it in blue/white and stick PURA milk logos on it.

I'll be using the box car that came with 7998 cargo train and redoing the whole thing - different colours etc., so National Foods eh ? :wink:

I might do Golden North instead ! :grin:

Thanks 'jonwil' for the comment and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Are you sure you mean 7998? 7998 is not a train, its a truck :)

Alright I got it wrong ! Sorry, 7898 ! :blush:

I'm a conformist! !

I'll be using the box car that came with 7998 cargo train and redoing the whole thing - different colours etc.

Are you sure you want to do that? I'm not too sure that the box car doors really lend themselves to a refridgerated car. I would go with standard bricks. Here's a great one you might use for inspiration. :wink:

I might do Golden North instead ! :grin:

Just to be a pain, I'm going to suggest you go with Canberra Milk. :tongue:

What sort of loco is pulling these?

Are you sure you want to do that? I'm not too sure that the box car doors really lend themselves to a refridgerated car. I would go with standard bricks. Here's a great one you might use for inspiration. :wink:

Just to be a pain, I'm going to suggest you go with Canberra Milk. :tongue:

What sort of loco is pulling these?

I agree with Cpt Zuloo about the refrigerated car perhaps you should build a parcel van instead if you intend to use the train doors.

I can remember being very impressed that milk cartons in Canberra had a carillion design on them. Do they still have that?

BTW I was born in Canberra, but left when I was three. I've only been back a couple of times since.

You maybe right about the box car guys, I might switch to a small parcel box car instead. Although I was thinking of doing a K class refrigerated 4 wheel box car which did run on SAR routes.

Thanks for everyone advice so far, I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I can remember being very impressed that milk cartons in Canberra had a carillion design on them. Do they still have that?

BTW I was born in Canberra, but left when I was three. I've only been back a couple of times since.

I couldn't tell you, I buy bottles of milk, not cartons. :laugh: I will look out for it now though. Did you see the LEGO Carillion MOC at Brickvention?

I couldn't tell you, I buy bottles of milk, not cartons. :laugh: I will look out for it now though. Did you see the LEGO Carillion MOC at Brickvention?

Yep, I'm pretty familiar with both the M>LTC layout and Phil's classic town layout, so anything like new Bodville's bridge and the Carillion stick out :-) It was pretty nice for a rushed job. I wish I could increase my building speed.