Sign in to follow this  
DNL

MOC: Yachts

Norway's LUG, Brikkelauget, will have a layout at the largest boat show of Norway in a few weeks , so i'm building a few harbor themed buildings and some boats. I'm still working on the buildings, but I have already finished two types of boats:

Sailing yacht:

4396053346_eb287c5c16.jpg

More pics

Cabin cruiser:

4396070810_30a339e24d.jpg

More pics

The whole fleet this far:

4395289841_fee10a4569.jpg

Wow, these are great! Perfect interpretation of the yacht's shape with slopes. I really like the first one with the tall mast. Are the buoys sand green because of the water, or just a color you chose? I think they would look better in another color, though. Dark blue, maybe? Sand green just sticks out too much.

Nice use of flex tubing for the railings. :thumbup:

The yacht and cabin cruiser are just simply AWESOME ! :grin:

The way you have used curved slope pieces is just fantastic and clever too !

If your harbour buildings are as good as your boats, well then I can't wait to see them !

I'm a conformist! 'DNL' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nicely done! I tried to make a cabin cruiser a while back, but gave up because I couldn't get the hull right. I might just try again, seeing yours.

If you wouldn't mind, it'd be great to see some shots of how you've made the hulls. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Are the buoys sand green because of the water, or just a color you chose? I think they would look better in another color, though. Dark blue, maybe? Sand green just sticks out too much.

I first tought of using dark blue, but i don't ave any dark blue 1x1 round bricks. The sand green pieces were laying on my desk (i used them as cucombers in a previous MOC) so i just grabbed those.

If you wouldn't mind, it'd be great to see some shots of how you've made the hulls.

The slopes are simply attached sideways to the main 1 brick broad middle spine using technic bricks with pins, and each new layer of slopes is one plate furter away from the middle than the one underneath it.

Simply...Amazing! I love the extreme level of details on such small boats!

I'm no stranger to building yachts myself and used a similar construction for the hull. I took mine to a few public events and people who know more about yachts than I do pointed out an error on my sailing yacht at one of these. It's something hard to pick up from pictures of the real thing. Yours suffers from the same affliction (suggesting you may have taken a look at my yacht). The two spreaders on the mast aren't supposed to be angled up. On most yachts they're swept back. Looking at the construction, it'll be easier to fix on your than on mine :thumbup:

Anyway, I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out to me. I like the sailing yacht more than the cabin cruiser, but all of them are nice.

Cheers,

Ralph

Amazing, stunning, sweet. I am a huge fan of the sailing yacht, I would love to have something like this in my harbour. Your technics are really nice but I would love to see some close ups or interior shots also. A yacht is one of the simple, nice and peaceful things that TLC never. They need more things like this, not only the obvious fire/police/rescue/construction things. It's time for some exclusive city sets, TLC!

I like sand green here. Matches the white very good. Like it.

I love your pleasure fleet! The big yacht, but especcialy the cabin cruiser look awesome :thumbup: .

These are two absolutely awesome City MOCs, DNL! :oh:

I really :wub: them!

They both look absolutely realistic with lots of details!

The most I like the cabin cruiser.

That's really which TLG should release, too, a cabin cruiser and a yacht (of course not with such many details but with some more minfigs and interior)!

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Btw: Since I did not detect any pics of it on flickr - is there any interior in the yachts? 'Would be great!

Klaus-Dieter

Indeed, I really like those brick-built hulls.

Great work, DNL. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Your MOCs are really nice, maybe you should make a black yacht it could be very smart.

:classic:

The sail boat looks great. I really like how the sail is mostly down as in real boats. Having the sides and back SNOT is outstanding. Using the curved pieces to make the slant to the front of the boat is top rate. One other part that really stands out is the seat on the back of the cruiser. Using the tan rounds really makes it look fancy. Nice builds. Can't wait to see it all together in place. You will have to post some pics.

These a truly awesome :oh:

Excellent work here, I love how you made the hulls brick built they look very sleek.

My favorite is the largest with the sun bather :wub::grin:

A truly amazing group of mocs, all of them are stunningly beautiful! I love the sailing yacht, but thats mainly because I'm a sucker for anything with sails! I love all you boats, excellent job, and keep bricking! :thumbup:

!