Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

10120 Floating Death Rock

:laugh: That's great. It really made me laugh- there's a lot of detail, and it all matches up.

My only complaint, though, is that the main catapult doesn't quite fit. I know the effect you were going for, but it still bugs me that it can't draw back. :tongue:

:laugh:SlyOwl, your builds are always amazing and entertaining! :thumbup:

I laughed so much when I saw this! You transformed every little detaile from SW to Castle! :oh::wub:

Great job with this amazing MOC!

CommanderFox

Ahhh....just LOVE IT!

So great the way you matched the rooms from the Death Star. Brilliant work.

Best of luck in the contest...so AWESOME!

Awesome work SlyOwl. :sweet:

You have really captured the essence of the original set. :thumbup::thumbup:

The mini-figs choice is also great, and of course the dragon.

Good luck in the contest.

the Inventor

Wonderful! :wub: This could be the MOC of the year! :laugh:

I especially like how Obi-Wan has become a wine-o!

There is so much love lavished on every detail of this, it's just amazing. The parallel Luke about to swing over to the other platform with Princess Leia is a very dashing figure indeed. Great work! :wub:

Superb creation indeed! ) :classic:

No special comments are needed here, I presume. ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )

Wow - this is definitely a WINNER

One of the best ideas ever put into LEGO. And a lot of most excellent details throughout the entire scene.

Sly, you have outdone yourself this time! I am totally speechless, to see such a great medieveal creation of the Death Star itself. :cry_happy:

Simply marvellous! :wub:

Aye, this is brilliant. And Obi-Wan turning the spigot on the keg instead of the tractor beam? Amazing.

Now make extras for all of us! :cry_happy:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

haha, that is awesome, Oh I love the irony. It's a space themed death star turned into a medival floating rock. If there waas a contest for turning a current set into another theme, this would win hands down. I love all the future pieces tuened medival, like the elevator, adn the closing wall, with spikes and an orc now. Brilliant. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's brilliant! I spotted it on Brickshelf before I got here and looked through all the pictures. Even though it is smaller than the Death Star (at least I'd guess so), it still looks massive, and all the details... My favourite bit personally is the "medical room"/torture chamber, I also love that thing on the actual set.

Thanks everyone! :thumbup: I didn't realise this would prove so popular - shows what I know! :laugh:

It's nice to see how you made a sort of adventure game in this floating fort, and I also like the elevator a lot (or isn't it an elevator?)

I'd like to see a fight between this one and the star wars version :pirate: (though it's quite obvious who will win)

Good job (and a pirate version would also be nice :wink: )

I replaced the elevator with a ladder up the middle - but there are fewer access points than in the original, as they wouldn't fit in, because this is a fair bit smaller than the original.

You've got my brain churning on a pirate one already - even though I've got a heap of projects on the go as it is!

"Its a very slow moving Trap!" :tongue:

I guess I asked for all manner of cheesy puns...

That's no moon... it's a floating rock!

excellent re-creation. Love the elevator and the garbageroom. Not sure wether the ork is luke or han though...

Trollbacca :wink: Or Cheworca.

So cool and inspiring! I didn't think anyone would tackle the death star for the time twisters contest.

Seems like two of us did after all!

Shockingly well done :thumbup:

If this had a little more 'steampunk' to it, then I'd snatch it and shove it into the Star Wars Forum.

Perhaps I should give this a link somewhere?!

Thanks, I was wondering where to put it, but Castle clinched it, as I don't speak Klingon... :look:

Well done! Instantly recognizable, with all of the open rooms. All of these classic SW scenes, Castle-fied... one could say you're submitting multiple entries in one. One question, though- what is the treasure room supposed to represent? Just an add on? Because I don't remember anything like that in the original set.

Oky pretty much answered it:

Tie Fighter = Dragon

Hangar = Lair

The treasure was just to show it's relation to the dragon, rather than have an equivalent in the set.

My only complaint, though, is that the main catapult doesn't quite fit. I know the effect you were going for, but it still bugs me that it can't draw back. :tongue:

I agree; it may have looked better had I built this full size - I could have used a larger base for the catapult then, and then it may have actually been able to fire!

I especially like how Obi-Wan has become a wine-o!

Obi-Wino?

If there waas a contest for turning a current set into another theme, this would win hands down.

You mean there isn't? Then why did I build this? :grin:

Even though it is smaller than the Death Star (at least I'd guess so), it still looks massive, and all the details...

Correct - I didn't have the pieces or the time to go full size.

Thanks you for making my day. Again and again and again. :thumbup:

EPIC!!!! That's quite a creation you have there, I like the choices for all the figs, Looks superb.

haha, that is awesome, Oh I love the irony. It's a space themed death star turned into a medival floating rock. If there waas a contest for turning a current set into another theme, this would win hands down. I love all the future pieces tuened medival, like the elevator, adn the closing wall, with spikes and an orc now. Brilliant. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
You mean there isn't? Then why did I build this? :grin:

:laugh: I just love Eurobricks...

(CC TT)

Wonderful!!! And what will be the castlified name of R2D2? Pehaps, something like Rhodin, son of Dodin? :classic:

Wonderful!!! And what will be the castlified name of R2D2? Pehaps, something like Rhodin, son of Dodin? :classic:

Thanks :classic: I had it in my mind as R2-Dwarf2, but I love your more subtle version! :grin: