Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

10120 Floating Death Rock

indexed.gif

Should speak for itself; many thanks to ISC for his review, most useful!

10120_1.jpg

10120_2.jpg

10120_3.jpg

And the individual rooms -

10120_detentionblock.jpg

10120_throneroom.jpg

10120_leapoffaith.jpg

10120_trashcompactor.jpg

10120_dragonslair.jpg

10120_energysource.jpg

10120_ballista.jpg_thumb.jpg - 10120_conferenceroom.jpg_thumb.jpg - 10120_craneroom.jpg_thumb.jpg

10120_hull.jpg_thumb.jpg - 10120_hull2.jpg_thumb.jpg - 10120_laundryroom.jpg_thumb.jpg

10120_medicalroom.jpg_thumb.jpg - 10120_turrets.jpg_thumb.jpg - 10120_tractorcatapult.jpg_thumb.jpg

:classic:

Aha, this is too awesome.

I love all the ways you have changed the original set for this remake. It's great, I like how you've chosen the figs too.

Great work :thumbup:

It's nice to see how you made a sort of adventure game in this floating fort, and I also like the elevator a lot (or isn't it an elevator?)

I'd like to see a fight between this one and the star wars version :pirate: (though it's quite obvious who will win)

Good job (and a pirate version would also be nice :wink: )

You've 'castlified' this set really well Slyowl by capturing all the essentials of the original. I assume this is an entry for the Classic-Castle Time Twisters contest?

edit: I just read in Sir Dillon's frontpage that it indeed is for the Time Twisters contest.

Edited by Rick

That is fantastic! :thumbup: And yes, another is needed :thumbup:.

I like the way you've found a mediaeval usage for all the death star rooms, and a particularly like the greenery sprouting through the rock - like a ruinous Castle Death Star.

I particularly like the swing from the chandelier scene. Awesome.

"Its a very slow moving Trap!" :tongue:

You just blew my mind buddy! The crossbow, catapult, torture chambers, treasure room etc its all well thought out and constructed! This will be hard to top in my opinion.

For anyone interested in the review, here it is.

So cool and inspiring! I didn't think anyone would tackle the death star for the time twisters contest.

Wow. This is great! :thumbup:

I love the details, and the creative effort put into the whole thing.

Some special details I liked are the 'crossbow turrets' and Luke and Han in imperial uniform. Come to that, I appreciate how you changed laser guns to bows, ranged weapon to ranged weapon! Lord Vader also captures the evil aura of the original very well.

I can't help but to jump the bandwagon with another :thumbup:

BEYOND AWESOME !!! :grin:

OMG ! :grin:

Death Star of the time of the round table ! TOO COOL ! :vader:

A troll as Chewie ! :laugh:

The black knight as Vadar ! :laugh::vader:

Man, this is gooooood ! :grin:

Love the primary weapon, a turbo-catapult !

I'm a conformist! everone I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

A brilliant creation! So original, probably one of your best MOCs!

It's awesome to see the space objects changed into medieval gear. Looks like the Starwars stories go back a few thousand years. :tongue:

Stunning work! :thumbup:

That is stunning and one of the best I've ever seen! I love the details and how you really captured the essence of the original. Well done!

Shockingly well done :thumbup:

If this had a little more 'steampunk' to it, then I'd snatch it and shove it into the Star Wars Forum.

Perhaps I should give this a link somewhere?!

Great job - so many awesome details that I have to spend several hours dissecting your pictures to spot them all.

Sorry, but I just had to :blush:

tn_gallery_101_15_58142.jpg 10120 Floating Death Rock by SlyOwl

I have a huge grin on my face. :laugh:

This is simply awesome. The way you recreated the minifigs is my personal favorite part though. Han Solo is hilarious. :grin:

Great work Sly!

Well done! Instantly recognizable, with all of the open rooms. All of these classic SW scenes, Castle-fied... one could say you're submitting multiple entries in one. One question, though- what is the treasure room supposed to represent? Just an add on? Because I don't remember anything like that in the original set.

I really like the use of the orc minifig for Chewie. :laugh:

That is incredible, each room perfectly matches the corresponding room in the Death Star! The room full of treasures, the chain swinging part, and the duel scene are my favorites. This really is impressive, and I wish you luck on the contest, but I doubt you need it :thumbup:

BEYOND AWESOME !!! :grin:

Yes, this is BEYOSOME! :laugh: Star Wars + Floating Rocks = Win!

I laughed so hard when I saw this on the Frontpage! It's so clever and well executed! I would have preferred your Dark Father fig instead of the Black Knight, but oh well. I love all the little details (such as the troll representing chewie) and the fact that the death ray is simply a big catapult here. :laugh:

Very good job on this! :thumbup:

@ JimButcher: The Treasure Room represents the hangar of the Death Star. Therefore, I assume this is where the dragon sleeps. Makes sense to store treasure there since the dragon will guard it, and there isn't really a medieval counterpart of a control room anyway.

@ JimButcher: The Treasure Room represents the hangar of the Death Star. Therefore, I assume this is where the dragon sleeps. Makes sense to store treasure there since the dragon will guard it, and there isn't really a medieval counterpart of a control room anyway.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. I guess I just didn't think about it that way, thanks for the explanation.