Matija Grguric

MOC: Steam train engine

traintech1.jpg

This is my first attempt on building trains. I've made it for our upcoming exhibition here in Zagreb. It will run around the city diorama. It's completely made from my mind, I haven't used any reference.

I'm not a train expert, but I'm starting to like it a lot. Some more vehicles coming soon!

Engine is powered by one large PF motor, and controlled via remote control. The battery box is hidden inside the tender, and it could be easily removed to change batteries.

1267357968m_SPLASH.jpg

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/189187

I'm impressed - a very sleek and beautiful looking engine ! :grin:

Fantastic design job 'Matija Grguric' - like almost no studs showing and I like your smoke stack - 2x2 radar dishes stacked - very clever ! :grin:

The colours too, are very nice !

AWESOME design 'Matija Grguric' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm impressed - a very sleek and beautiful looking engine ! :grin:

Fantastic design job 'Matija Grguric' - like almost no studs showing and I like your smoke stack - 2x2 radar dishes stacked - very clever ! :grin:

The colours too, are very nice !

AWESOME design 'Matija Grguric' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Agreed!

But... why are you putting his name between quotes? :)

Oh, I always put names in quote markers, it makes thanking them or commenting on their work easier for me, actually some people highlight or bold print names in their replies.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I commented on this on MOCPages but had to say something here as well. Again, welcome to the LEGO Train addiction...you can't build just one! :tongue: This is a great work and even better knowing it's your first train. The colors are great and the design is really sleek. It almost has a 'steampunk-esque' feel which I really like. What kind of coaches will you be running behind this?

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Thanks.

I was thinking of something old. Two or three passenger trains, probably in tan/brown/black combination, again with dark red details. I still haven't started working on those.

This is my first attempt on building trains. I've made it for our upcoming exhibition here in Zagreb. It will run around the city diorama. It's completely made from my mind, I haven't used any reference.

I'm not a train expert, but I'm starting to like it a lot. Some more vehicles coming soon!

I quiet like this steam engine Matija, and it's very good given it's your first one. My sense of symetry says the cab roof should be dark red like the rest of it, but I'm sure thats due to the rarity of dark red. On thing that does stick out for me is the smoke deflectors (the flag pieces near the smoke stack), they should be further forward to work effectively. They create an updraught to blow the smoke above the cab, so the engineers have a clear view, but wont work behind the smoke stack. Other than that your locomotive seems to have enough realism to at least be plausibly real.

I'm looking forward to your coaches.

Thanks for the comment! I wasn't sure what those are for, and now I finally get it. :blush: I will work on it a bit more, and put in somewhere up front.

As for the roof, yes, I was short on dark red curved slopes. :sweet: