Sign in to follow this  
Col. Brik

YT-1255 Small Freighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Col. Brik's "Old Eagle" is a small freighter built before long the Falcon was produced by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. It's design is smaller than many YT class ships and was a limited production run with many being scraped due to their small size. A Hyperdrive is equipped but normal travel was slow and methodical. Not equipped for heavy combat it does have a average offensive capability with two Ion Cannons at the front and three smaller Ion Cannons on turrets at the top. Defensive shields are present but would not hold up to a sustained attack.

The interior houses a Engineers control room in the center of the ship where all the ship can be monitored at once. Next to the pilots cockpit is the weapon controls system with the ability of those seated to see above the ship during flight. Three areas of the ship can be used for transporting goods and equipment. The Cockpit has a single pilot seat and a navigation seat behind the pilot.

100_4058.jpg

100_4056.jpg

100_4057.jpg

100_4055.jpg

100_4059.jpg

100_4061.jpg

100_4060.jpg

100_4062.jpg

I built the tops to be easily removable for the kids, they keep them off when they are playing with it and then when it is stationary (which isn't often) I put the panels back on. The interior is sparse. I had hoped I had one more solid curved panel but did not so the green panel was put in place. Not sure how it makes the ship look.

Opinions, Comments and Questions are always welcome! Thanks for looking!

All comments and questions welcome!

Very good, the pieces you used are great, too bad some don't come in any other colour.

Edited by Brickus

Interesting ship you have here ! I think my favorite part is the back, nice smooth shape on the engines :thumbup:

Its always hard building MOC's and not having the right pieces/colors to do what you would like, we have all been there :hmpf_bad: but with what you have it has turned out really nice !

looks great ! nifty little creation :thumbup:

Nice Freighter. Personally I'm not keen on the bright green trans pieces. Otherwise its pretty good.

Very good, the pieces you used are great, too bad some don't come in any other colour.

Thank you. Yes, wish my color choices were better. I tried to stay a Grey and Black which is predominate in Star Wars ships. My first MOC with the Red didn't seem to fit as well as I thought it would.

Interesting ship you have here ! I think my favorite part is the back, nice smooth shape on the engines :thumbup:

Its always hard building MOC's and not having the right pieces/colors to do what you would like, we have all been there :hmpf_bad: but with what you have it has turned out really nice !

looks great ! nifty little creation :thumbup:

Thanks! The rear engines are from a pair of #7672 Rogue Shadow's I have. I try to build the MOC's so they are usable for my two Sons. I'll sacrifice beauty and design for dependability and strength. So far it has held up well to their BrikWars.

Edited by Col. Brik

Very interesting design 'Col. Brik' - the forerunner to the Falcon eh ? :grin:

Great design job, but yes some panels in not the right colours are a little let down, then on the other hand it is still very good !

I'm a conformist! 'Col. Brik' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hello!

Although it looks a bit out of place, I like the transparent-neon-green corner. Because I really like this colour. I would definitely want to have such a panorama window in my personal starship. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nice job creating a YT freighter, from scrap without any designes from the movies. :thumbup::sweet:

I like the shape of it. The interrior is alittle empty as you said, but I think dividing it into 2 or 3 little rooms with some little corridors in there would help lessen that problem. :sweet:

Great job with it!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Nice Freighter. Personally I'm not keen on the bright green trans pieces. Otherwise its pretty good.

Thanks. No worries on disliking the greens. It wasn't my first choice but I powered through.

Very interesting design 'Col. Brik' - the forerunner to the Falcon eh ? :grin:

Great design job, but yes some panels in not the right colours are a little let down, then on the other hand it is still very good !

I'm a conformist! 'Col. Brik' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks. I hope my putting up "lesser" builds compared to those MOC'ed and Indexed will inspire more to put up their works. I know my MOC's are up to par to a majority here but doing so makes me want to build better MOC's when people send me tips and techniques I should try.

Hello!

Although it looks a bit out of place, I like the transparent-neon-green corner. Because I really like this colour. I would definitely want to have such a panorama window in my personal starship. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That was my justification for using it. Hey, who wouldn't want a spacious view of space in their ship :)

Nice job creating a YT freighter, from scrap without any designes from the movies. :thumbup::sweet:

I like the shape of it. The interrior is alittle empty as you said, but I think dividing it into 2 or 3 little rooms with some little corridors in there would help lessen that problem. :sweet:

Great job with it!

CommanderFox

Cool ideas, I'll probably incorporate them into he ship, if it lasts the month. It has already crash landed a few times :)

I do not like all the random pieces as the colors make it look very off. BUT, the design is very good, and I understand not everyoine can spend hundreds on bricklink orders to build a MOC, so Kudo's for building a gret looking ship with what you have.

I agree with what Big Cam said above. The actual design is very good, and with a more consistant color scheme this would be an excellent freighter.

A few interior walls will do wonders. I like the big engine near the back in the interior.