Derfel Cadarn

The Tornado Of Souls

As you said yourself... the sails are a nice break from cloth sails, but... hmmm, not sure about the final look. But that aside: the rest of the ship is simply excellent. I really like the color combo you used for the sides and the gun ports have a really innovative design. I also like the cabin and the decks a lot. Does she have an interior?

I don't really like the brick built sails, but the rest of the ship is great.

What I really like is the decorated sides around the gun ports. :thumbup:

Great work, Derfel Cardarn

the Inventor

Hmm, I'm looking for Vic Rattlehead on the deck but just don't see him :pir_laugh2:

Very cool ship though, has a clean look and doesn't look cluttered at all

Really nice work again Derfel. You're really cranking out the MOCs aren't you? :pir_laugh2:

I'm not crazy about the brick built sails (although the front one is beautiful), but the rest of the ship more than makes up for it. I especially love the tan and dark red checkerboard pattern on the sides, with the turntable bases.

You've been frontpaged!

Wow :pir-wub:

That thing looks so damn nice, I can't even tell you! :thumbup:

It's not one of the biggest, but it's definitely one of the greatest!

Edited by funkybrick

I like this ship a lot. It has nice lines and the rear cabin area is great. Love your window solution, look terrific. I think if you had given the sails a little shape like that front sail they might have looked better than totally flat, or done rolled up sails with bricks or plates.

nicely done.

Thanks

As you said yourself... the sails are a nice break from cloth sails, but... hmmm, not sure about the final look. But that aside: the rest of the ship is simply excellent. I really like the color combo you used for the sides and the gun ports have a really innovative design. I also like the cabin and the decks a lot. Does she have an interior?

The cabin could have an interior if needed, as I have tiled out the floor and theres space. But the rest of the ship doesn't have any interior.

Hmm, I'm looking for Vic Rattlehead on the deck but just don't see him :pir_laugh2:

Very cool ship though, has a clean look and doesn't look cluttered at all

Yeah, one of my favourite Megadeth songs and I figured it made a good name for a pirate ship :pir_laugh2:.

Really nice work again Derfel. You're really cranking out the MOCs aren't you? :pir_laugh2:

I'm not crazy about the brick built sails (although the front one is beautiful), but the rest of the ship more than makes up for it. I especially love the tan and dark red checkerboard pattern on the sides, with the turntable bases.

You've been frontpaged!

Thanks for the frontpage. The checkerboard patern is actually dark red and metallica gold. I was originally going to do all the ship in gold, but felt it looked better with another colour. I didnt have any Gold plates, so I used tan instead, which matches the gold when seen in certain light.

I like this ship a lot. It has nice lines and the rear cabin area is great. Love your window solution, look terrific. I think if you had given the sails a little shape like that front sail they might have looked better than totally flat, or done rolled up sails with bricks or plates.

nicely done.

Thanks, im very tempted to redo the other sails in the same way as the front one, and make them a bit more squarer. I will give it a go, but I'll wait till my port scene is finished, then I can photo the ship at dock by the port.

Thanks for the comments

This ship looks great!! Your work always amazes me. I think the sails fit in great with the look of your ship.

You must have a million legos!!!

:jollyroger:

so it's a 100% lego ship ? that's very cool ^^ I love it, I love it design , even if the sails doesn't look as good as clothed sails, I think it add a "lego" touch to it that I love ^^

Your brick-built sails are really well built, I like how you tiled the deck too.

Keep flooding us with more of these great MOC's :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

Amazing, as usual! The hull is amazing and I also really like those sails :thumbup: .

Thanks for sharing this amazing MOC with us.

I wrote an item for the CP frontpage, scheduled for release by tomorrow.

blogged.png

I personally like the sails but think they could be less flat. I absolutely love the back though, the windows are amazing.

Great work on this beauty Derfel! I love the tile sails and natural hull pieces, it makes me feel inclined to start at this stage before even contemplating a CGH style build. You have captured the curved shape of the sails and hull really well. Nice to see the captain make an appearance in the MOC too. :thumbup:

Your sails are indeed very original :pir-classic: I don't like them a lot either, but the curved spritsail looks pretty good.

Couldn't you make them all curved?

For the rest it's a very nice ship, good colours and shape.

You are a really fast builder :pir-classic: I'm building on my ship for almost a year now and it still isn't finished :pir-tongue:

Good job and good luck in the contest!

Oh wow! Such a fantastic MOC! I admire how the floor of the ship is so smooth and realistic. I also like curvy bow, and the sails made up of tiles. Great work, the crew of The Tornado of Souls is welcome to come to the Drunken Fish Tavern anyday! Arrrr! :pir-classic:

A very nice ship Derfel Cardarn! :thumbup:

I like the tiled sails, its different from all the cloth ones everyone seems to be building lately.

The ship is nice and simple but looks Great!

Well done with her! :pir-sweet:

CommanderFox

I'm sure not everyone is building his ship in CGH's style. :pir-laugh:

You have made an exceptional ship there Derfel Cardarn! Great colours, great shape, and an outstanding rigging!

The good admiral Zorro beat me to blog it. :pir_laugh2::thumbup:

Stunning, great work Derfel Cardarn! :thumbup:

I personally really love :pir-wub: your design of the bow, simple, yet elegant. The sterncastle is not quite so simple, but very nicely done. Everything else I was going to say has pretty much already been said.

:pir_yoda:

Nice ship - the plate/tile sails are okay I guess different is another way of looking at it ! :pir-classic:

Great work 'Derfel Cardarn' and I'm a conformist! ! :pir-classic:

Very beautiful ship there- i'm little iffy what comes to bricksails :pir-sceptic: - well they looks surprisingly good- but crosses aren't suitable for a pirate ship...they are too spanish/portuguese style and old 15th , 16th century style...

BEATIFUL work mate, i loved the back gallery and the whole ship was amazing :pir_laugh2: only thing what i would change is the sails, Im not like LEGO sails so muchbut anyway good work mate, its impressive

Captain Becker