Rick

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 5

grogall, thanks for updating us! If possible, could you kindly give us an evaluation on these very special minifigs, by comparing with the old ones and the earlier defected minifigures which got poor color resolution. Taking some up close images or even a review, will helps! :blush:

Well, I'm not sure about the quality they look just like regular Minifigs! The red legs and arms are no different from any others that I have, as for pictures and a review, I only have an iPhone with camera so thats out,

and I usually don't open these, just collect them. but i'm sure someone will give us a review soon. sorry :cry_sad:

the price was €14.99

Edited by grogall

the price was €14.99

Thanks, enjoy your new set!

And by the way, is it still written Made in China on the box, or is it somewhere else?

Sorry for all the questions! :grin:

Edited by space6901

Well, I'm not sure about the quality they look just like regular Minifigs! The red legs and arms are no different from any others that I have, as for pictures and a review, I only have an iPhone with camera so thats out,

and I usually don't open these, just collect them. but i'm sure someone will give us a review soon. sorry :cry_sad:

No problem at all. Based on your observation so far, from the outside, it appears quite "promising". I really hope TLG has solved the production issue in this Volume. Thanks for sharing it with what you know so far, and I really hope someone could share a review soon!

the price was €14.99

This is helpful! I am not familiar with Euro pricing, but it appears to be quite costly.

Thanks, enjoy your new set!

And by the way, is it still written Made in China on the box, or is it somewhere else?

Sorry for all the questions! :grin:

Made in Denmark and China

Well, this week I want to buy the Imperial Flagship part 2, and now this comes along to entice me and mai waifu. DARN YOU, LEGO!

Any news when this will be US bound?

Definitely picking one up (mainly for the forestwoman :tongue: ). I don't care about the quality, at least I'll be able to get some of the rarer minifig females without the giant premium.

Looks very nice! :thumbup:

I didn't know that there was a doctor's torso with a pen pocket in the past.

Thanks for the pictures everybody! :classic:

Oh wow, those are pretty neat. This is the first vintage minifig collection that might be worth the price for me. :wub:

Girl Power indeed! :thumbup:

Well, this week I want to buy the Imperial Flagship part 2, and now this comes along to entice me and mai waifu. DARN YOU, LEGO!

Any news when this will be US bound?

Picked mine up at the Orland Park Lego store today (They also had it at the Schaumbugh Store). :classic: I'm looking at them now and I don't think there from China.

They also had a Toy Story 3 pack magnet set with Woody, Buzz and the Green Space Alien and they also had 2 or 3 different new Star Wars magnet sets.

Ruben

Edited by BoobyToy

Very nice set, although I'm not crazy about the china made figs, I would buy this for the white ninja, but if it is a China made fig then no.

To me, I rather spend the premium on BL for the original fig than a China made one, me being a collector it kinda feels like cheating. :hmpf_bad:

Last week I spent an obscene amount to get more white ninjas! :cry_sad:

Right now I'm up to 15 white ninjas and 11 forest babes, but with this set the sky's the limit!

To me, I rather spend the premium on BL for the original fig than a China made one, me being a collector it kinda feels like cheating. :hmpf_bad:

Same here. After all, the main thing that is supposed to justify the higher price of Lego over clone brands is the quality. If we're dealing with any lesser quality here, then they better bring the price down from $20.

Although the comments from people who have bought this are encouraging so far.

Picked mine up at the Orland Park Lego store today (They also had it at the Schaumbugh Store). :classic: I'm looking at them now and I don't think there from China.

They also had a Toy Story 3 pack magnet set with Woody, Buzz and the Green Space Alien and they also had 2 or 3 different new Star Wars magnet sets.

Ruben

Orland has them! Must get more pigtails! I just wish they had included ice planet babe.

And if they can bring back pigtail hair, why not old helmets?

Did you see my window to the community window?

-Tohst

Picked mine up at the Orland Park Lego store today (They also had it at the Schaumbugh Store). :classic:  I'm looking at them now and I don't think there from China.

According to information I have, the minifig quality issue has been worked on for a while now (which includes scraping of a few hundred thousand of badly coloured parts). Haven't heard anything recently, so my guess would be that the quality control measures are working as they should, at least with respect to this issue.

Wonderful, I'm going to see if the Natick Lego store has the pack. :D

They did not have it at the Natick location, though they do have them at the Braintree Lego Store (Massachusetts)! I RIDE!

I think I've missed a few of these, I still thought we were on number 2 :tongue:

I like to see the old pieces redone. You guys who want the ancient figs in a non-disgusting state, having to buy endangered sealed 30yr old sets, go ahead, it's your money. I just want to use the parts in my models, and I think I'm luckier with quality when I go brand new.

Also about the quality, I got two star wars magnet packs (vader chewie obi, yoda dooku mace. I know, I know. I'm kicking myself about boba leia and the guard.). When everybody started hollering about issues, I checked for any signs of lesser quality, and I don't know if the figures come from mixed sources, maybe I just randomly got some sweet denmark makes. I couldn't see anything out of place, except absent neck friction paint on the single chewbacca figure. I'm perfectly pleased with the quality. If what I have ARE the dreaded Chinese makes, I'm not hesitating on any of vintage packs, battle packs, Minifigures line, or magnets.

The only one I really want out of these is the forestmen girl (that's what we're calling her?), and only the torso really. that's just some Illustrator work in my avatar. I could use a respectable complete figure.

I got mine at lego store in bridgewater nj.For me it was about 19 dollers with tax.

Nice find and thanks for sharing! :classic::oh:

I love all these vintage fig collections!

Nurse :wub:

Forest woman :wub: :wub:

Flight Attendant :wub:

White Ninja :wub:

Movie Star :wub:

Awesome!

the packaging of these sets kinda screams "box of chocolates" to me. might be a diagram on the back listing the fillings :tongue:

do they still sell the series on SAH? I know this one is still a bit prerelease.

edit: United States SAH

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Found this folder on Brickshelf.

I don't recall these pigtail hair pieces sitting so high on a minifig's head in the 1980s :sceptic:

img_8386.jpg_thumb.jpg

Arrived today. The arms do indeed have the give-away indentations, but you would be able to tell it is cheaper quality anyway by the slightly off colours (more so than regular Lego variation) and the sharp and slightly less perfect molding of the parts.

Nevertheless I'm pretty happy to have these, especially the forest woman and the ninja princess, neither of which I have originals of.