Rick

Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 5

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I found this picture of - what appears to be - the Vintage Minifigure Collection Volume 5 on Brickshelf.

cologne_22-02.2010.jpg_thumb.jpg

Added by WhiteFang

gallery_2351_21_15292.jpg

This is the first I hear, let alone see, about this. The figs in this obviously look great. But: is it real, or did I fall for a cleverly done fake?

edit: The filename of the picture is 'cologne_22-02.2010.jpg', which suggests it can be found in the Lego Store in Cologne.

Added by WhiteFang

Thanks to grogall, for finding the LEGO Cache image, and this set is now known as 4585532.

852769-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Hooray Rick! I just saw this too, and I was about to post inside Eurobricks. You are faster than me, and I am really very excited about this, even though the minifigures are a little bit off printed, but I don't care. This is the rare chance for me to own the White Ninja, or at least a replacement until I can get the real vintage. Nevertheless, the rest of the minifigures are real awesome! All girls, minifigs, who could have imagine!! :wub::wub: :wub:

And, of course, I must thanks the special someone whom leads this project, and I am quite sure you know who you are. :wink:

That quite impressive, I going to have to buy at least two of these one to open and one to join the rest of the collection. It's nice that Lego have decided to produce a set of just women, though maybe they should have also included the Ice Planet woman aswell? Apart from that small question great selection and I look forward to getting my hands on some soon, any idea of a release date?

Score!

I have wanted that Movies actress since I was 12 and my friend got all the Studio sets :thumbup: add in the White ninja and the other lovely ladies, this is a set I will certainly get it :thumbup:

It's nice to see some women figs, but like all the previous packs there are only two or three I'm interested in here. If this is the same price as the previous packs and has the same kind of manufacturing quality, I will pass on it.

Nice to see a pack consisting of women entirely, but I'm not buying one unless they've stopped making these in China. I want to show LEGO what I think of the poor quality of the Chinese figs.

It looks real. An all girl / female minifig pack. Of course, the quality will be a bit of an issue since most of these vintage minifig collections are of Chinese origin. See the colour differences in the classic mail man (torso too dark) and the pirate with the anchor tattoo on his chest (pink vest colour instead of brown).

If TLC is about to release this set, there will be an abundance of rare figs such as the aforementioned ninja princess and the classic forestwoman. Fortunately, it is easy to see the difference between a re-issued fig and the real thing by checking the brackets inside the torso. The new torsos all have these larger more modern brackets while the classic figs have smaller brackets.

wow, I was just going to ask the other day whether anyone knew if the minifig collector series would be continued, I really like them, and the Legoland windsor price point with discount of £7.20 last year was very reasonable, lets hope their price remains low :-)

Sweet thanks Rick! This is a definite must get for me because I love vintage minifigs :wub:

Nice to see a pack consisting of women entirely, but I'm not buying one unless they've stopped making these in China. I want to show LEGO what I think of the poor quality of the Chinese figs.

Same thoughts here. :sadnew:

Same thoughts here. :sadnew:

Ditto. Were all 4 previous minifig packs piss-poor, or there were better ones among the lot? I am highly tempted by Vol.5 but wouldn't want them to turn out to be clone brand quality.

Edited by space6901

Great figs! Greeeaaat! :wub:

I am definitely going to get one (or two, or three...^^) of these packs when they are released!

Thank you very much for sharing!

Yes! The Forestwoman, and the ninja looks good too. Thanks Rick and WhiteFang, Im definately going to get one of these. :cry_happy:

Edited by Alex the Great

Great news! This volume looks like the best so far! Forestwoman and white ninja princess :wub:

I've got vol. 2 and 3. and didn't think the quality was that bad that some seems to think. :thumbup:

Well, it's nice to see some of the rarer female figs (all female figs are rare in the world of LEGO) return for people who never had the chance to get them when they were first released. In particular, the Forestwoman is exceedingly expensive on Bricklink. I've never been one to view old figs as collectables so I'm happy to see others get the chance to get thhese guys. It's too bad that the quality will likely be suspect, but it's still better than nothing.

I wish this had come with the Ice Planet female instead of one of the others (even though I have at least 2 ice planet female figs already)

Great to see the pigtails hair piece make a return (I wish it would make some appearances in newer sets too, its a great part)

This is the first I hear, let alone see, about this. The figs in this obviously look great. But: is it real, or did I fall for a cleverly done fake?

edit: The filename of the picture is 'cologne_22-02.2010.jpg', which suggests it can be found in the Lego Store in Cologne.

Picked it up today at my local store, So yes its real! set # 4585532

852769-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Edited by grogall

Great to see the pigtails hair piece make a return (I wish it would make some appearances in newer sets too, its a great part)

That's the most amazing thing to me-- All the other parts that we've seen in vintage sets have been existing parts or re-done parts (the space helmets). This looks like the first pack where they either brought a mold out of retirement or re-tooled an old mold. Does this mean we might see more retro molds? Will this one be as good as the original? Very interesting!

DaveE

Review please? I'm so going to get this! I don't care about quality this time, I just want the faces and the pigtails!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

grogall, thanks for updating us! If possible, could you kindly give us an evaluation on these very special minifigs, by comparing with the old ones and the earlier defected minifigures which got poor colour resolution. Taking some up close images or even a review, will helps! :blush:

I bought this set yesterday at the lego store.I love the white ninja the best!

Edited by army23

I bought this set yesterday at the lego store.I love the white ninja the best!

Grogall and army23, if I may ask, how much did you pay for the set?

I really wish I would have gotten with the program and got the first sets so I could have a full collection but I don't see me spending the money on them now.

This is a big victory for the GFOL's out there.