Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI Slave One

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

The Slave One is among the most re-released Star Wars sets of the LEGO® group. There were some not too bad 4-wide mini models, too. To not overlap with the official line, I built a 3-wide version myself which was not too accurate however. Thus I'd like to present a new mini version of the Slave One to you today. I decided to give it as a special exclusive model to this great community here. The model will only be published here, and not on BrickShelf, not on FlickR, not on Lugnet not on my homepage or anywhere else. It's just here. :classic:

The idea for the new model came to my mind once I had gotten that relatively new 2x4 triple wedge piece in hands. I wondered what it could be used for and finally thought that it would do a good job in the shape of a Slave One model. It's the brown piece right beneath the cockpit slope. Please find attached views from all angles below. The last image is not meant to be a really serious one. :wink: Instructions are available as a direct download at the end of the post. :classic:

slave-one-01.jpg

slave-one-02.jpg

slave-one-03.jpg

slave-one-04.jpg

slave-one-05.jpg

slave-one-06.jpg

slave-one-07.jpg

slave-one-08.jpg

slave-one-09.jpg

slave-one-10.jpg

slave-one-11.jpg

Instructions: slave_one_instructions.zip

That's my contribution for today. :classic:

Thank you for your time and interest. Have a great week!

Yours Christopher.

Hahaha, brilliant as usual, and instructions!!!

Now I can be a mini building fool like you!!!

Big Cam Disclaimer:(Fool is meant to be used in a complimetary type of way)

Great mini again Christopher :thumbup:

Very accurate and the colours are great! This one easily beats TLC version.

I decided to give it as a special exclusive model to this great community here. The model will only be published here, and not on BrickShelf, not on FlickR, not on Lugnet not on my homepage or anywhere else. It's just here. :classic:

And that's how it should be... :wink::laugh:

The last image is not meant to be a really serious one. :wink:

Hahaha but funny as hell :laugh:

Slave I is one of my all time favorite ship. In LEGO model it also has a special place in my heart.

It was the first set I bought coming out of my darkage (Jangos version).

The "official" Kabaya MINI is the one I love the most amoung the MINI´s.

To come back to your latest creation, I first off want to thank you on EB´s behalf of having this MINI as an exclusive here.

I really like your design of doing this model a little bigger than the Kabaya one. Giving it the possibility of adding more details

that you do so good. However I have a few small things I would like to say. The radar dish underneath looks slightly to small.

The other thing is that it looks like it could use one plate added to the hight of the body of the ship.

It would however give a problem with the cockpit and make that to high. Hard to get everything in such a small model.

Maybe if the one plate to add hight was going just underneth the cockpit so it comes in between the two slopes in the rear.

The normal one, and the inverted one. Hope that made sence. Last picture is just great as well.

Otherwise, a super great model ones again :thumbup:

Can you also make Jangos version?

WHAT A MOC ! :grin:

I love it - fantastic job 'Legostein' as usual ! :grin:

I might just build one of these (I think I might download instructions later on).

Cute ending of your post with Boba riding shotgun like on his own speeder - COOL !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very cool moc, I am going to have to download the instructions and get the bricks to make my own. Great job and thanks for making it just for EB :thumbup:

Thats amazing Legostein, as always! :cry_happy::thumbup:

I think this is by far the best slave 1 mini that ive ever seen.

I love the shot of Boba on it. :laugh:

Great job and im really looking forward to more! :sweet:

CommanderFox

So much better than the original! Besides the finally correctly done cockpit, and the great centering technique and the back, I think my absolute favorite part has to be the wings!

This should be a world-released mini model. Have you ever considered job-hunting at the Lego company?

Yay! I feel so special that this is an EB exclusive. I like this MINI way better than the official model. :cry_happy::thumbup:

Great Mini as usual. The colours work really well together and the shape is perfect. The cheese slope is so versatile it amazes a lot that little piece!

Great work legostein

Nice work as always Legostein. And nice too to see your approaching a mini with a more traditional build.

I'd be keen to see what this would look like with a trans-clear cockpit canopy instead...

Once again, a very nice mini Legostein. You truly have a great talent for building these creations.

I wanted to see how this might look with a photo-edited background and came up with this:

gallery_174_44_65420.jpg

Very nice model, Legostein, I like that it is slightly larger than most official MINIs, too bad I don't have the pieces to build my own. Or atleast not in the correct colours.

Some checks on Peeron revealed that it would be possible to build it Jango's colours, most parts that are green and brown here are available in dark blue.

The last picture is hilarious, I guess that is the toy car version for little fans of the great bounty hunter?

Superb as ever, Legostein !

Many thanks for sharing the instructions also. I don't have the 3-faceted 2 x 4 piece to reproduce this so I guess a Bricklink order is on the cards !

Dr. D.

Hello!

Many many thanks for the many many kind replies! I feel flattered! :blush:

Nice, thanks for sharing the instructions too.
Many thanks for sharing the instructions also.

You're welcome. Instructions have alwayws been included for my 200+ models, and so they are here, too. It's all part of the service. :wink:

I really like your design of doing this model a little bigger than the Kabaya one. Giving it the possibility of adding more details

that you do so good. However I have a few small things I would like to say. The radar dish underneath looks slightly to small.

The other thing is that it looks like it could use one plate added to the hight of the body of the ship.

It would however give a problem with the cockpit and make that to high. Hard to get everything in such a small model.

Maybe if the one plate to add hight was going just underneth the cockpit so it comes in between the two slopes in the rear.

The normal one, and the inverted one. Hope that made sence. Last picture is just great as well.

Otherwise, a super great model ones again :thumbup:

I always appreciate comments, hints and suggestions. Thank you. It is quite probable that I will do some modifications you suggested, as I do this routinely for many models. However it might take some time for new photos, as ita takes much time to take 11 proper photos. :classic:

This should be a world-released mini model. Have you ever considered job-hunting at the Lego company?

Who wouldn't like to have a job as model builder there? :wink: I'd love to make proper mini models for them, but it's very uncommon this will happen. Sadly.

I'd be keen to see what this would look like with a trans-clear cockpit canopy instead...

You mean because the re-re-re-released version will have a trans-clear canopy? Well, I will wait until the set really appears. They still might change it. :wink:

Once again, a very nice mini Legostein. You truly have a great talent for building these creations.

I wanted to see how this might look with a photo-edited background and came up with this.

... and once again it looks superb! Thank you again for your time and effort! :classic:

It looks like it could be a Brickmaster exclusive model (if it was, I would sign up right away)! :grin:

I take this as compliment. :wink: I am not that fond of the Brickmaster mini models so far. They are misproportioned and inaccurate, and I don't like the fact that you have to pay to be exclusive. Here on Eurobricks you get exclusives for free! Yay! :sweet:

Thanks again everyone who took the time to leave a comment. They're highly appreciated and encourage every builder to improve. :classic:

See you around,

yours Christopher.

Edited by Legostein