Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Five

*The group decides to try to solve the lever puzzle while waiting for Johnson Willoughby to show them to one of the libraries.*

Err... I don't seem to recall what this Lever looks like... :look:

Maybe we could push something heavy on to the lever?

Yeah, or perhaps that bit of yellow scaffold...

*Johnson Willoughby does not appear to be present to be hit in the head. I mean, seriously, look at the freakin' picture. :hmpf:*

Yeah, where is he? Who saw him last?

If by shotgun you mean my rifle, you can keep your grubby paws off it thank you very much. I am quite fed up with people using my items without asking first. *Grumbles about matches and shakes his fist at Jack Baxter's corpse*

If by shotgun you mean my rifle, you can keep your grubby paws off it thank you very much. I am quite fed up with people using my items without asking first. *Grumbles about matches and shakes his fist at Jack Baxter's corpse*

Trying not to let us in the other chamber, hmm? You're a demon! :oh3:

If by shotgun you mean my rifle, you can keep your grubby paws off it thank you very much. I am quite fed up with people using my items without asking first.

...says the guy who took my knife. :hmpf:

Anyone got a really, really, long rope? we could tie one end to the lever, walk outside, and have all the buff dudes PULL. Hard.

Trying not to let us in the other chamber, hmm? You're a demon! :oh3:

I already suggested pushing one of the torch bearing statues on to it. I just don't think bending a gun is a good way to solve it.

...says the guy who took my knife. :hmpf:

That was part of the contract you signed when you agreed to go on this tour. Pardon me for do my job. Also you have it back now, so quit your whining.

*Is in a grumpy mood. It's almost as if in some other life it was Monday morning*

That was part of the contract you signed when you agreed to go on this tour. Pardon me for do my job.

...and what a great job you're doing too. :hmpf: I feel so secure having you around.

...and what a great job you're doing too. :hmpf: I feel so secure having you around.

Well, he is good with the puzzles.

If it seems possible to achieve without bending the barrel, perhaps we could pry the lever with the shotgun?

*That is not possible*

This is a particularly crazy idea, but could we all push over the worn column onto the lever?

*Your napalm idea is a little too crazy.*

Yeah, or perhaps that bit of yellow scaffold...

:sweet: *ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!*

Is anything blocking the wheel and keeping it from turning?

*There isn't a clear view of the wheel yet.*

:sweet: *ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!*

Hmmmm...

*I'd like to try and move the lever using the loose bit of scaffold.*

I'm sorry I've been so quiet; this broken arm has been giving me a little grief, and only my strong Nordic force of will has been stopping me from sobbing openly. I promise to be more attentive from now on.

I think having all the buff dudes line up and pulling hard is probably the suggestion I'm most looking forward to even more than the Eclipse! :thumbup:

Hmmmm...

*I'd like to try and move the lever using the loose bit of scaffold.*

*Siegourney uses the loose pipe from the damaged scaffolding to pry the lever up. The wall crumbles safely to the ground, not hitting anyone. The dust settles and reveals a wall of steel bars with a barred door in the center.*

*Siegourney uses the loose pipe from the damaged scaffolding to pry the lever up. The wall crumbles safely to the ground, not hitting anyone. The dust settles and reveals a wall of steel bars with a barred door in the center.*

Would this door have a small keyhole to match the small key we found, and if so, may we try it?

Would this door have a small keyhole to match the small key we found, and if so, may we try it?

*The key is no longer on the ground. It seems someone has picked it up.*

*The key is no longer on the ground. It seems someone has picked it up.*

That isn't what I asked, so I will be clearer.

I would like to examine the door for a keyhole. If it has one, perhaps the person who is currently in possession of the key could try it while we all stand around waiting.

That isn't what I asked, so I will be clearer.

I would like to examine the door for a keyhole. If it has one, perhaps the person who is currently in possession of the key could try it while we all stand around waiting.

*Sheldon tries to be clearer but remains completely opaque. As far as the door goes, there is a keyhole. He looks to the group to see who swiped the damn key...*

The dust settles and reveals a wall of steel bars with a barred door in the center.*[/i]

Hang on a moment, why would there be a barred door behind a blocked up wall? Sounds a bit suspicious to me, like something was locked in there for a reason or something... :look:

Diesel walks over to stand near Sheldon, who is examining the door, and peers past him to see what he can see beyond the bars.

Anything interesting back there? Also, is there anything of interest I might note about the bars themselves?

Hang on a moment, why would there be a barred door behind a blocked up wall? Sounds a bit suspicious to me, like something was locked in there for a reason or something... :look:

Diesel walks over to stand near Sheldon, who is examining the door, and peers past him to see what he can see beyond the bars.

Anything interesting back there? Also, is there anything of interest I might note about the bars themselves?

*The bars look beautifully welded and fitted in place as if they were built along with the temple. Past the reach of the light is the captain's wheel, sitting defiantly in such an odd setting. There is a strong scent of wood and a very faint aroma of mold or decay. There is a persistent clattering noise coming from the darkness... Nothing else can be seen but there is the sense of movement back in the darkness beyond the captain's wheel.*

*The bars look beautifully welded and fitted in place as if they were built along with the temple. Past the reach of the light is the captain's wheel, sitting defiantly in such an odd setting. There is a strong scent of wood and a very faint aroma of mold or decay. There is a persistent clattering noise coming from the darkness... Nothing else can be seen but there is the sense of movement back in the darkness beyond the captain's wheel.*

Pirate ship in a room! Maybe this is like The Goonies and we have to sail out of here somehow! Har! There be treasure ahead! :sweet:

Though I don't recall the demons in that movie ... :look:

I also wish Diesel would take a step back, he's poking me with his, uh, sword. :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps I could snap a photo with my camera using the flash to momentarily illuminate the room?

I would like to take a photo of the room with the captain's wheel using a flash.

I also wish Diesel would take a step back, he's poking me with his, uh, sword. :hmpf_bad:

Opps, uh, sorry. :blush:

You know you liked it...

Why not toss a lit torch into the room? I mean, there wouldn't be anything flammable in there, what with this place being made of stone. Just don't throw it on the wheel. What does the rest of the group think?