lightningtiger

MOC: New Mannum's New BP service station

Since I finished my Target Country MOC, I thought it was time to make some changes to some of my other creations.....be that small ones !

0_bp_1.jpg0_bp_2.jpg

I decided to hang wiper blades and headlight globes differently, plus move the Castrol products to the front window.

Hope it still looks good ........I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Wow that a nice BP station. :wub: Nice detail , maybe can expand the shop to a bigger one or add maybe toilet at the side.

Thanks for your comments 'Hey75' - this is old fashioned service station in a modern world....but a truck stop is yet to be started for the outskirts of the town.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I have to say that its a marked improvement from where you began. Good job on that. Of course all the details on your buildings bring up the flaws in using regular lego trees. They just dont fit style and heightwise. Even if you just made a bunch of 10193 MMV trees I think it would make everything look better.

Thanks 'gotoAndLego' for your comments :sweet: , yeah I'm not a real fan of those trees.....so I might build some gum trees ! :wink:

Okay, a question to all....trees or picnic area on that green patch ?

So then I can finish this MOC........I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Picnic area :grin:

Thanks 'Darth Jar Jar' - that's one vote for picnic area.....I have already started designing a picnic table in LDD !

Thanks 'Darth Jar Jar' - that's one vote for picnic area.....I have already started designing a picnic table in LDD !

I cant wait to see it :grin:

I'm a conformist! too :classic:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Okay, a question to all....trees or picnic area on that green patch ?

So then I can finish this MOC........I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

In the US the majority of roadside gas stations have picnic tables. But not really in urban areas.

Great work lightningtiger! I really like it because it has a "clean look". Although that it has some great details it still has this classic town appearance to some extend (simple but beautiful and detailed design at the same time). That's a win/win for me at least. :wink:

Oh, and about the dilemma, trees for me. It makes the gas station look like an official set. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions .....'gotoAndLego', 'Zorbas', 'michaelozzie'.. :sweet: ..now I think I'll do both !

A nice picnic table next to a gum tree, a true Aussie icon.....pity Lego never made a minifig scale koala for the tree ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions .....'gotoAndLego', 'Zorbas', 'michaelozzie'.. :sweet: ..now I think I'll do both !

A nice picnic table next to a gum tree, a true Aussie icon.....pity Lego never made a minifig scale koala for the tree ! :wink:

I made a gumtree once for a moc with some bushrangers, also a Kangaroo. A Lego koala would be very cool :tongue:

Awesome! But where is the car wash? :grin:

Thanks for the reply....now I guess a modern car wash could be another MOC eh ?

A little like this....Gall_3_img-1.jpg

I'll give it serious consideration !

Hopefully I'll get a start on the picnic area today so I'm a conformist! everyone !

Okay, so here we have a picnic table.....man, wasn't as easy as I first thought ! :blush:

bp_picnic_table_1.jpg

Oh, yeah two things - 1. is the BP sign tall enough ?

2. how tall should the tree between the table and sign be ?

Comments and suggestions welcome !

Finished......

00_bp_1.jpg

As you can see a bush and some flowers, I moved the rubbish bin closer to the picnic table.

00_bp_2.jpg

Closer shot of the picnic area.

00_bp_3.jpg

Closer shot of the pumps and signage on the shop.

The only thing I need to do is a custom minifig to work the service station.

Comments welcome and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice new details Lightningtiger! As always, the decals give your MOC a realistic look! Good job! I can sell a car wash if you need one lol : http://www.flickr.com/photos/45260367@N08/4376929218/in/set-72157623481163402/

Thanks 'sens1992' :sweet: for those kind words and your offer, thanks anyway but if the car wash comes through it will have one standard wash bay and two d-i-y wash bays plus a vacuum unit.

Many ideas are on the drawing board at the moment, so I must decide want to build next so keep watching the forum for my next creation real soon !

Love the picnic table. Trees in environments such as an urban gas station are seldom really healthy. They are usually a little stunted and scraggly. Try raising the pump island from crash barrier to crash barrier one plate so it looks raised compared to the tiles. Have you thought about making the pump wider so you can have hoses for the different octane fuels. What about a separate pump for Diesel? New Mannum must be a super hygienic place to live as there is no litter scattered around the picnic area. :D

Edited by gotoAndLego

Thanks for the reply 'gotoAndLego' - hmmmm, changes to the pump.....base plate idea - maybe...adding extra hoses.....well, I am planning a truck stop with hopefully six pumps in the future`so I feel it's not needed.

This is a humble little retro looking servo, anyway thanks again and I'm a conformist! you and everyone else ! :sweet:

P.S. Yes, a clean town it tries to be......Keep Australia Beautiful ! :sweet:

Thanks for the comment 'BrickWild'.....as I wrote a few posts back that a seperate car wash will be undertaken shortly.

But first I only decided yesterday to do a motorcycle dealership by buy a 17 buck WR set with two MC's in it.....stay tune and new MOC starts real soon !