Hello again,

Ok, what exactly i have to do to get the file?

Please tell me...

Thank you

PM me your e-mail adress, I'll send it to you.

Scorpion

Hello again,

Ok, what exactly i have to do to get the file?

Please tell me...

Thank you

Here is Bojan's request about the file distribution, from a few pages back:

I'd be very happy if the file wouldn't be distributed, because i'm in process of creating a new palette with only valid colors for each part and i will try to contact TLG and get their approval to distribute that one.

Peter

PM me your e-mail adress, I'll send it to you.

Scorpion

Thank you a billion times Scorpion!

You just make my DAY.

I installed the file and...WOW now i can finnish all my work with missing pieces!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is exactly what my son and I have been looking for. Guess I'll get my 10 posts, so I can request it by PM.

This is exactly what my son and I have been looking for. Guess I'll get my 10 posts, so I can request it by PM.

I PM's him and he said the file is unavailable right now :wink:

I'd gladly pay $20-$35 to get this. If the only reason they don't release this is because they don't get money for all of the bricks you can't buy, they could sell the whole program. I like to use it to make models in the colors which I don't have before I buy them, but that isn't always possible with the limitations. I would love to be able to purchase this.

Relax boys and girls. I heard from a reliable source (ok....it's Bojan) that an updated mod is on the way. Due out soon. Hold out a week or two.

Thats great news, I've been doing Lego for 20 years and miss the old parts :thumbup:

Well I am eagerly looking forward to the update. Can't wait to see what I can finally make with the bricks.

Well I am eagerly looking forward to the update. Can't wait to see what I can finally make with the bricks.

As am I. Sadly still no update from Lego. :cry_sad:

I PM's him and he said the file is unavailable right now :wink:

What he said. Due to the mods' and Bojan's requests, I will no longer distribute the file. Sorry, guys.

So what are you going to do Bojan if they dont get back to you?

Let's not think about that and stay positive, you know that one right: where is the will, there is a way :sadnew:

Let's not think about that and stay positive, you know that one right: where is the will, there is a way :sadnew:

Keep the faith, Bojan! There's nothing that sufficient quantities of duck tape, WD-40, and/or C4 can't fix!

It is very unfortunate the file is not available any more.

I think that adding brick to the palette don't "collide" with LEGO aim to sell bricks through this software.

Many LEGO fans owns bricks no more available trough LEGO site, and could want to use these extra pieces for their LDD moc.

Using a wider palette would allow to order an LDD creation with correct Box Images and Building Instructions, and then add missing pieces using already owned ones. Moreover, it would help LDD software to diffuse as general building software, so everyone using it would have a connection with lego site and then the chance to buy pieces.

Calabar, since you're new to the forum, please take the time to read the previous post in the thread first. What you've written, even though understandable and with the best intentions, has allready been covered in this thread both forward and backwards. Also, I've allready answered to your question about the mod here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=718443

So take it easy and don't worry, it will be here.

Also, since you're new to the forum, you might want to take some time to introduce you here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=17

Calabar, since you're new to the forum [...]

Oops, excuse me!

Indeed I suspected other users already told something like the things I told above, but the topic is really too long for my stunted English!

Now I'll follow your suggestion ;)

Working on the new file. The problem is that LDD keeps updating the new palette... It's there on the first run, but when i restart the program, it replaces it.

I'll keep it posted.

The problem is that LDD keeps updating the new palette... It's there on the first run, but when i restart the program, it replaces it.

Does the palette update itself when LDD is not allowed to connect to the Internet?

Does the palette update itself when LDD is not allowed to connect to the Internet?

I don't think it can unless it's connected to the internet...

it's still illegal to reverse engineer/decompile/disassemble software

Sorry to dig out such an old post, but this is an overstatement.

It is specifically LEGAL under European Copyright Law for the licensed user (and for a free program, that means everyone) to reverse engineer a software program for the purposes of producing a non-competing interoperable program. There are provisos concerning defeating copyright-protection mechanisms and harming the vendor’s revenue potential (such as unlocking paid-for features), but those aside it is legal to inspect and (write an interoperable program that) modifies LDD’s data files.

The EULA or TOS of course do not outrank European Law, and any terms they try to introduce to remove your rights are as invalid as those trying to invalidate the Sale of Goods Act or the Distance Selling Regulations. :classic:

If the data files concerned were obfuscated in some way, then that would de facto rule out access in the US (thanks to the draconian DMCA law) and could constitute a “copyright protection mechanism” enshrined in the EU law. However, since such an interoperable program’s purpose would be merely to rearrange the data used by the copyright program (and not make copies, distribute, or remove copyright notices) it would be incredibly difficult to prove a copyright infringement in that case. But this theoretical case does not apply as of LDD 4.1.8.

Edit: One interesting limitation is that though it is legal to reverse engineer under these circumstances, it is NOT legal to publish the results. So, you can modify LDD, you just can't tell people what you found while you did so – you can provide the “interoperable program” that does the modification, but you can’t say exactly what it does! :laugh:

Edited by nemo