Sign in to follow this  
LegoLyons

MOC: Bachelor Pad - My 1st modular building

4381591003_ef4e49e4ac.jpg

4382352196_83791697ba.jpg

Here's my first attempt at a modular style building, its a bachelor pad for a young savvy businessman, a place where he can entertain.

I would appreciate comments as it's my first go, any form of constructive criticism is greatly received.

Bigger and more pictures found her at my Flickr page.

:classic: Thanks for looking.

Really nice, especially for a first attempt! :thumbup: I like your work in the roof and of course that lovely street lamp :wink:

Hello!

What I like most are the two lamps on each side of the door. It's a double inversion with the lamps with studs-up again. Very clever detail! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Gotta love that street light and the fusion of modern and art deco ideas to the front of his 'pad' ! :grin:

Great first go at modular 'LegoLyons' ! :sweet:

Any interior shots, he must have a spa bath, king size bed, stainless steel kitchen and a huge LCD tv in there ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! 'LegoLyons' I'm a conformist! !

Really nice, especially for a first attempt! :thumbup: I like your work in the roof and of course that lovely street lamp :wink:

Thanks BlueBard, yeah the lamp just kinda struck me at the last moment, I'm pretty pleased with it, as I am with the roof.

Hello!

What I like most are the two lamps on each side of the door. It's a double inversion with the lamps with studs-up again. Very clever detail! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks Christopher, glad you liked.

Very nice, my only "complaint" would be the weird part of the roof in the middle, it sticks out oddly.

However that is the coolest design of a lamp I have seen, very cool.

Another thumbs up for the lamp. Yay! As for the funny bit in the roof, maybe these pics do not show it, but its actually a vent for the aircon, and it also adds a different shape and modern feel to the roof. Thanks for the comments.

Interesting design - looks very modern :-)

Interesting? Is that another word for rubbish? lol lol. I was going for a modern look, with a touch of classic, if that makes sense??

Gotta love that street light and the fusion of modern and art deco ideas to the front of his 'pad' ! :grin:

Great first go at modular 'LegoLyons' ! :sweet:

Any interior shots, he must have a spa bath, king size bed, stainless steel kitchen and a huge LCD tv in there ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! 'LegoLyons' I'm a conformist! !

Yep gonna give the interior a working over in the morning, and I had thought of all of the above, other than the spa, maybe a hot tub in the garden?

Thanks Tiger.

Cool building! I really like those lamps on the sides of the door, and the building as a whole looks very fashionable. I'm also digging that lamp post you made. One suggestion would be to give it different windows on the second floor, because yuo know how people need their privacy sometimes :grin::thumbup: