Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The Imperial Armada's Chrome Cuirass (Breastplate)

Mr Tole_11 asked me in a PM where he could find the chrome cuirass (breastplate) that the mini-figure in the my signature wears.

Imperial_Armada_Red_Captain.jpg

Since this information could benefit other new users I've replied in the form of a thread, rather than a PM. So this information applies to ANYONE looking for ANY LEGO part.

There are a couple of online LEGO databases which have inventories of the pieces in each set.

Peeron

If you want find which set contains a certain piece, then peeron.comwould be the best choice. First go to the peeron.com website and at the top of the page is a text input and a drop down combo box. Type in the word "breastplate" in the text input box and select "parts" from the drop down combo box, then click the search button.

This will search the peeron.com database for your query and a list of results will be returned:

See pictures

Number Description

51727px2 Duplo Figure Headgear Helmet and Armor with Silver Top, Red and Yellow Breastplate, and Dragon Pattern (Pic)

51727px1 Duplo Figure Headgear Helmet and Armor with Silver Visor, Red and Yellow Breastplate, and Dragon Pattern (Pic)

x190 Minifig Accessory Armor Breastplate (Pic)

973p40 Minifig Torso with Castle Breastplate Pattern (Pic)

973p4g Minifig Torso with Castle Female Armor Pattern (Pic)

973pa2 Minifig Torso with Pharaoh Breastplate Pattern (Pic)

To speed things up click on the See pictures link which can be found just above the results. This will take you to a new page with thumbnail images for all the pieces matched in the search results.

Now its a matter of clicking on the piece you're looking for and it will take you to another page which lists all the sets that the piece can be found in.

x190.jpg

ChromeSilver:

• 1 in 6280-1 - Armada Flagship (1996)
  • 1 in 6291-1 - Spaniard Ship/Armada Flagship (2001)
  • 1 in 6204-1 - Buccaneers (1997)
  • 1 in 6281-1 - Pirates Perilous Pitfall (1997)
  • 1 in 4817-1 - Dungeon (2000)

If you want to see which sets contain the piece, its a matter of clicking on the blue underlined text which takes you to another page with an inventory and picture of that set.

Bricklink

If you wanted to know where you could buy a certain piece then bricklink.com is the best choice. So go to the bricklink.com website and then click on Search which is the fourth link from the left, on the top row of links.

A search page will load so put "breastplate" in the keyword text input box. Because Bricklink usually returns many search results its always a good idea to give the search engine additional information. In this instance I'd either use the Color "Chrome Silver" OR the category "Imperial Armada". I don't recommend using both as it may confuse the search and return zero results. Next click Search Now and a list of search results should appear.

If the result you want doesn't appear you may need to adjust your keyword or search criteria which is as simply as clicking the Back button on your browser and changing the necessary information.

Until you visit these websites and use their search engines DON'T post saying you want someone to do the search for you. The idea is for your to learn how to do it yourself, but if you get stuck by all means ask for help, just don't expect someone to do it for you.

Edited by mister_phes

Nice intro Phes... very thoughtful of the armarda to post enlistment instructions ; )

God Bless,

Nathan

However, finding a seller with an abudance of a particular item of this nature isn't that easy. If you want to get many then you'll have to purchase from multiple sellers each charging individual postage, so that makes them really expensive to acquire. But if you want one or two you should be fine.

Just to clarify...

ANY LEGO piece, mini-figure, base, accessory, etc can be found on these websites.

Learn how to use their search engines and you'll be able find whatever you're looking for (providing it is in stock in the case of BrickLink). But don't ask for help until AFTER you've at least tried using them.

What nice breast you have Phes. Seriously though, it's a nice piece. I think I may have two based on your list of sets.

And you didn't know? Thats a shame! Your pirates deserve theyre spot in your boxes too!