Sign in to follow this  
harmacy

[MOC] - The last mission of Gold Flight WIP.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi all - thought it was about time to post a small preview of my next MOC - The last mission of Gold Flight. This WIP is based on modeller Tony Agustin's incredible Y-wing / Death star diorama (see here for details), with the aim of fully recreating this masterpiece in Lego.

Ive created the initial Death Star 'template' plates, and have taken a few teaser shots with a UCS Y-wing in place. Its only a small teaser, and I have A LOT more work to do, but first impressions are pretty good (IMHO anyway ...hehe).

Small 36s Teaser video on Youtube can be found here. - and check out my Hoth MOC too if you havent already.

Thanks!

This looks very ambitious - can't wait to see the final product!

It looks like it's going to be extremely detailed, based on the video and the diorama. There's tons of greebles all over the place! :oh:

EDIT: Just watched your Hoth diorama video, and all I have to say is: WOW! Lots of great details, especially the footprints and trenches! I also love the use of Power Functions for the lights, door, and crane arm. :thumbup:

Edited by ILikePi

i am guessing this is going to be a pretty big scale MOC. is it going to be replication of the link in LEGO version or are you taking it to another level? looking forward to it :)

i am guessing this is going to be a pretty big scale MOC. is it going to be replication of the link in LEGO version or are you taking it to another level? looking forward to it :)

Its going to be quite a biggie - 160 studs long, 90 studs wide, and 60 studs tall. Im following the source material as closely as possible, but will be making some alterations / modifications where the scale requires. Im really excited about this project, and cant wait to take more photos as it progresses!!

Do you have any images of your WIP yet?? I can't view youtube while at work, and I'm interested to see.

Looking amazing so far! :cry_happy:

I can't wait to see how it turns out, especially looking at your amazing Hoth MOC, I have high expectations for this! :wub:

Keep us posted on updates!

CommanderFox

Wow the detail looks stunning on this! I love the copper looking pieces you have included they look good for detail. Good lick on the project :thumbup:. I hope it turns out a success!