legolooney

NEW EXCLUSIVE: Max Minifigure

Right. The neck print was a mark used by the old machines to identify front from back. With the new machines, it isn't necessary and since it never served any other purpose, it's gone. Yay for technology, it's one less bit of wasted chemicals to produce to pollute up the planet. :wink:

Ultimately, if they can get the colour quality stable, which is an across-the-board problem no matter what factory is doing the producing, they'll please me. The switch to doing their own colour as opposed to buying the coloured pellets is the biggest quality issue TLG has (though I'm not always pleased with some of the newer sprue locations either).

That's one reason I dislike seeing people focus on arm marks and neck printing when the bigger issue still exists. Oddly though, the new Forestwoman has better colouring than the old one, with the arms actually matching the print, where the old one didn't. Go figure. :laugh:

Yea, but the quality still is worse than 3 years ago. I mean if you take a old minifig and compare it to a new one the older one is more durable. Besides the black mark on the torso snub looks cool :classic:

Holy cow! *oh2*

That Max went for 46$.

...stupid ebayers...

Stupidity has taken on a new level. I've seen this one selling for about 1 US dollar.

Since this topic has been revived, I thought I'd point out that you can buy a keychain version of the Max minifig online at the LEGO Shop for only $5 USD:

852856-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

It seems that you can also buy the minifig in almost every country listed in the country list. I might be buying one of these during the May the Fourth be With You promotion. :sweet:

Edited by ILikePi

Stupidity has taken on a new level. I've seen this one selling for about 1 US dollar.

and on bricklink now for $125,00

No kidding that's some serious plastic

definitly not my shop

And that ends my search for a max, unless someone has a normal priced spare?!

regards stanley KBrick

Hi,

I've seen some topics about the exclusive Max minifigure. I didn't want to bump a really old topic so I thought I'd just start a new one :tongue:

Anyway, is it worth anything?

I've got one but not sure how rare they are, or even if they're rare at all.

This one: 4822628932_db0da71cfc.jpg

Hi,

I've seen some topics about the exclusive Max minifigure. I didn't want to bump a really old topic so I thought I'd just start a new one :tongue:

Anyway, is it worth anything?

I've got one but not sure how rare they are, or even if they're rare at all.

Accually they are quite rare if I do say so myself. I have one but I wonder how much theyre worth on Brick link. For all I know they were exclusively put in small plastic bags filled with other random bricks in 2011 in the March (I think?)LEGO Club meeting. I find that that this minifig is great but one thing- Mine has a small face misprint! At the bottom of the mouth is a small spot that got scratched off and the face looks weird! If you need me, Ill be looking on Brick link for another one of these- I am VERY strict about my figs and that misprint is truly unacceptable in my eyes especially with how much a prized minifig this is :sadnew: .

As with the white Boba Fetts, it's getting more common as time goes by; but still a reasonably rare fig.

Here in the UK, if you signed up for the Lego Club within the past month or so, you got a free Max minifig - mine arrived today.

I signed up for one (I mean, it) a while back, and with my luck it's arrived at my old address within the past week - I'd waited a lot longer then 28 days.

As with the white Boba Fetts, it's getting more common as time goes by; but still a reasonably rare fig.

Here in the UK, if you signed up for the Lego Club within the past month or so, you got a free Max minifig - mine arrived today.

Got mine from that too :laugh:

Took about 3 months though... I had completely forgotten about it when it arrived.

hey, if you live in the uk or somewhere that has a argos shop, you can go on the argos website and then search for lego, it should say 'join lego club today and get a free max minifigure', click on that and print out the pdf file, fill it out and send it off, i did that and im waiting for it to come :) :laugh::grin:

the footballer in series 4 minifigures has the hair also (but in light brown)

Edited by saycheeez! :)

I bought the keyring version. One experimental tug on the chain and the pin broke clean off at the top of his head. Now I cant remove the keychain using the usual method but I do have a chain free Max. Shame Im stuck with the weird face on him though.

Mine arrived this week.

I got it for joining the Lego club and from what I can tell if you are in the UK you can still join up and receive one (subject to availability I suppose).

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/en_US/images/pdf/Argos_Lego_Club.pdf

That's what I did about three months ago (although I signed up online, how? I honestly don't remember..) and he arrived the other day. I'd forgotten about him altogether and it was a nice little surprise. :classic: I keep reading that he's extremely rare. is he really?? I can see a few cheap ones on ebay..

Anyway, he's a great fig, especially when he's free (in fact, I only signed up to get a freebie). :sweet:

I keep reading that he's extremely rare. is he really?? I can see a few cheap ones on ebay..

I think that it is not rare at all, as the market suggests. At least we do know that there are much more of them than people who want them.

I don't know, I've never been a Lego club member, I don't feel identified with this fig, and even if it was rare, I don't find much sense in buying stuff just because it is rare. However, the fig is nice, and if I ever made a BL order and they have this fig for say, $3, I would buy it.

I think that one big problem is that some eBay sellers keep saying that many items that are not actuaply rare, are rare. There is a very rare Lego minifig, the de Bowsteen (sorry for mispellings, can't look it up at this moment). However, few people are actually interested in them, so although people try to sell them at insane prices, nobody buys them. I don't think that rareness should be a factor to decide whether one wants a figure or not.