legolooney

NEW EXCLUSIVE: Max Minifigure

You may well have heard but some of the LEGO shops are giving away Max minifigures for club members.

I live in England and they are exclusive to the americna shops so i can't get one...

Heres the link: CLICK

picD3CA4D7D2B65628D441429C26DDABA4C.jpg

I only want one because i want that hair! There are none on bricklink...yet but i thought i'd let you all know!

If this news is already on the forum let me know and feel free to close this topic!

Sweet! That's emo kid hair from the minifig polybags coming later this year, by the way.

I'd like to get this fig, brown emo kid hair will be great!

I've heard about this. There are also supposed to be key chains. But it cost 25 bucks to even be at the meeting and I really don't want a kid's shirt and I think an adult at one of these thing would be strange. But imaging what the kids will do with these figures frightens me. :cry_sad:

US LEGO stores (Europe too?) are running a promotion for the new VIP card. If people sign up for the card (instore) and then register (online) before the end of February, they could win one of these figures. There are 25 available to each store.

They are/were also available to children who attend a LEGO Club Meeting in February.

Crazy cool! Nice hair, but face looks a bit cartoonish.

Crazy cool! Nice hair, but face looks a bit cartoonish.

Um, maybe because he kindof sortof is a cartoon? :look: Just a hunch...

I saw this on the store calendar a few weeks ago, I figured that it would have been pointed out by now... I hope we start to see that hair in more official (City, please) sets.

-darthperson :wink:

I've already heard of this a month of so ago, too. Eurobricks members starstreak and ACCURATEin both own one of these Max minifigs:

starstreak

4355217280_90e4e733a6.jpg

4354471353_1f0ea12f80.jpg

Side leg printing! :wub:

ACCURATEin

003lso.jpg

A bit disappointing how Max doesn't come with his beanie with hair sticking out and his printed short-sleeved arms, but I can understand that they didn't do it because these are free and only a thousand or so were made.

Edited by ILikePi

Meh. :sceptic: The hair is cool, but not as cool as a printed beanie. However, I really like the side leg printing! I've never seen that before. It's so funny, I was just reading this the other day:

Max has never appeared in a set as a minifig, but you never know what the future may bring!

How interesting!

Oh nice, I have the same hair as that guy. He looks a bit strange though. Like a Clone Wars figure.

Edit:

Sweet! That's emo kid hair from the minifig polybags coming later this year, by the way.

I'd like to get this fig, brown emo kid hair will be great!

Haha I guess I'm emo.

Edited by Rock

What a great minifig, well for the torso, hair and legs/pants - cool cargo pants - my menswear store could stock them if I had some eh ? :grin:

His face - more like big month or he's too happy to see someone ! :laugh:

One can only hope he might come with a set in future (maybe a normal face though) !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I got the keychain version of this to take apart today. For those wondering, it's, as suspected, made with Chinese plastic. I swear, it's going to take some lead paint for Lego to stop using these people...

*sigh* Too bad there are no Lego stores in Canada :angry:

Toy Building Zone in St. Jacobs. That's where I got this.

Toy Building Zone in St. Jacobs. That's where I got this.

Darn, I don't want to go to St. Jacobs just for a Max fig. Suggest TBZ to expand to the GTA, most preferably to Bridlewood Mall :tongue:

Very interesting, thanks for sharing

I like the hair piece and side leg printing :oh:

I wonder if they will start producing more figs with side printing, I could see this work well for SW Troopers or SP3 Police.

Wow side leg printing! :wub: Thats really impressive I would love those pants

Thats not fair that you can only get them by attending an event at a legostore! There are none around where I live and actually there arent alot of lego stores to begin with! And as for the fact that this event is only in North America makes it even more unfair!!!!! What is lego thinking!!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I've been wondering for a couple weeks since I got the flier, who this max character is? I always try to take advantage of the deals and the flier said that if I spend at least $35 on March 4th or 5th, that I get " a FREE Max Key Chain." March 2nd I'm going to bring my niece to make a free Shamrock. I thought that was really nice of the Lego company to put on the calendar. I really like and believe in the Lego company. They do a lot of these great fun things and you can get good discounts if you follow the calendar and use your Lego VIP card points.

LegoCalendar_March03-2010.jpg

I would scan it but it is almost 3am here in the US and it would make too much noise. So I took a picture with my digital camera. If anyone wants I can scan it tomorrow.

About the hair, I htink a couple of the new small city sets have minifigures with that hair because I read the reviews today on the City Traveller 7567 set and the person sad the hair was new. I don't know if it was in Harry Potter or not but people mentioned it was unique and rare. Also this set too, Small Car 3177

Thanks for the info!

Mmmm, I've got to re-read the Club magazine I believe. :wink:

I will keep you updated, at least what concerns Max and Germany.

I would love to call one my own.

Oh my God, with hair like that he is like a character out of a Manga!! Somebody help me, I'm melting, I'm melting...

Really? The Max minifigure who we've seen in the magazines is WAY more manga-ish, IMO. Spikier hair, huge eyes with bright irises, etc. They really changed the minifig to look more like a regular fig, IMO.

And relax, Europeans. There might very easily be a future event where you guys can get the minifigure. After all, the Brickmaster BIONICLE set last year was available in some countries on S@H, despite being a part of the US-exclusive Brickmaster Magazine offer, and was even available for free in the UK with the purchase of the BIONICLE movie. Basically, you're getting agitated over what may not even be a problem.

I've already heard of this a month of so ago, too. Eurobricks members starstreak and ACCURATEin both own one of these Max minifigs:

starstreak

4354471353_1f0ea12f80.jpg

Side leg printing! :wub:

I have those same cargo pants :grin: That's a nice bag by the way. What ship is that?

ACCURATEin

003lso.jpg

Looks like he's having an ice cream pop here while being guarded by security :tongue: What a celebrity! That dude on the right is like, <cue Arnold S voice> "I'll buff you up!" Hahaha :laugh:

I remember who he is now. He's like the Lego mascot character.

Wow side leg printing! :wub: Thats really impressive I would love those pants

I don't think they would fit you. :tongue:

Looks okay. The best bit is the side printing though. :thumbup: