Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Brickshelf: 7893 as train

... and someone has finally done it:

100_5759.jpg_thumb.jpg

(click for gallery)

I never thought it could work but I have to admit it looks cool.

i love this. i was actually going to post this, but you beat me to it. i think that it is a great idea, but that is a lot of money put into trains

some one else posted a moc like this on BS 2 weeks back or so. it looks good...

Pretty slick, but I have to admit, I'm still partial to old classic trains. I've always wanted to make an elegant Orient Express or luxurious western train; when train travel had a culture and a mystique of it's own.

But this moc looks great. I've been waiting for those airplane pieces to be used for a train.

The moc and also that other real train both look very similar to what I think the suicidal A.I. train "Blaine" from Stephen King's Dark Tower series looks like (besides the color)....

Creepy... :unsure:

Pretty slick, but I have to admit, I'm still partial to old classic trains. I've always wanted to make an elegant Orient Express or luxurious western train; when train travel had a culture and a mystique of it's own.

But this moc looks great. I've been waiting for those airplane pieces to be used for a train.

I really do wish LEGO went back to the Western theme and elaborated on it somewhat. My dream LEGO train has to be a 50 truck 5 locomotive cargo train. Using the engines components from the 4565. SOunds bizare, but I think it would look extremelly cool to have a huge train.

4565-1.jpg

the moc reminds me of those japanese high speed trains. they also look a little bit futuristic, like this one...

I really do wish LEGO went back to the Western theme and elaborated on it somewhat. My dream LEGO train has to be a 50 truck 5 locomotive cargo train. Using the engines components from the 4565. SOunds bizare, but I think it would look extremelly cool to have a huge train.

I don't like the 4565 that much but I agree on the long cargo train. For me, all the "necessary" models already exist, though: the BNSF and the TTX car. The TTX is an easy build so it's not that difficult to add different colors.

I was never a big fan of 4565- but I agree with the thought of an old western train or even the return of some of the 80s trains. They were great. I like the new cargo train, just not the $, the new track, and battery pack. But these fancy new passenger trains really remind me of Japanese Bullet trains or DisneyLand monorails. Not my ideal view of trains (although a good MOC).

And I'm going off topic a bit here, but I'm really disappointed with 7893 airplane. After viwing Bloody Jay's pic review, the set looked awesome. As soon as I got it out of the box and began building, I didn't like it. Not a good set, but maybe a much better train.

Another 7893-turned-train:

789301.jpg

(Click for gallery)

I'm not really a big fan of those highspeed trains but I like this one better than the first one in this thread. There is more MOCing in this one (train base, interior, etc.).

I'll have the agree that the second one looks a bit better, and for similar reasons. The plane fuselage is more integrated with the train bogies rather than just being set on top. It just has a more "solid" feel.

Looks more Shinkansen-ish as well.

After seeing this, I want to make one that looks similar, but also transforms into a gestalt combiner robot.

It's SO do-able.

Triple threat Rail Racer!!!!!!

X-D X-D X-D

I'm not really a big fan of those highspeed trains but I like this one better than the first one in this thread. There is more MOCing in this one (train base, interior, etc.).

Once again, I agree with you Hobbes. But after looking this moc, I think that the 4511 Hight speed train hasa not so bad "fuselage".Just hope that doesnt' give TLC the idea of doing a train like that (I don't want a 8 stunds train!)

Another 7893-turned-train:

789301.jpg

(Click for gallery)

Cool, yeah this looks sleeker, lower down.

(I don't want a 8 stunds train!)

I've thought about that often.

I think that an 8-wide train on 6-wide tracks would look pretty good. I'm thinking american cargo train with one or more "heavy" BNSF pulling it, coming straight at you like here or here. The smaller tracks compared to the locomotives make the train look pretty impressive, I think. The LEGO version looks pretty... umm... wimpy...

The problem with 8-wide trains, though, is that the models have to be longer to not look out of proportion. And then the trains look even more ugly going through curves than they already do in 6-wide.

Best would have been 6-wide trains as we have them now, but 4-wide tracks (with wider radiuses)...

Maybe you're right for the better look of a 8-wide train (I already read some discution about it on french lego fans website). But I don't want that TLC change the 6-wide rule for the train, because a larger one can't enter in the so beautiful train engine shed 10027

Thats what I thought, since the first one had the right idea in mind, but stoped short of looking right since it was riding ontop. Now the newer rendetion, thats a beauty.

As for the shed... Just make it bigger... ;-)

Oh and for reference, American Locomotives are 10 Feet wide. So thats 3.048 meters. So thats a 1 stud overhang off each side of the tie. You see we move a whole lot more freight around and thus need bigger equipment.