EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Last movie i watched was harold and maude. It was intresting , strange but good.

A lovely flick, with good music! It's great to see people enjoying old movies.

I didn't watch something so old, but last night I watched A.I. I really felt like watching it again, since I haven't seen it since it came out. I don't like some of it, but I really like it overall.

I've been watching JAG a lot lately, both those aren't really movies

Currently watching SW Ep.2 again.

Last night: Hot Shots & Hot Shots 2. Had me laughing constantly. Stupid, but hilarious.

Toy Story 2 with my little niece! Now that I'm older, I can appreciate all the movie references.

I'm also old enough to appreciate Kelsey Grammars performance! Fraiser FTW! :thumbup:

I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special. Now I know why even die-hard Star Wars fans tell you not to bother watching the Star Wars Holiday Special. First time I've ever seen a Wikipedia article with a Reception subsection titled "Regrets."

I've just watched The Boat That Rocked on TV. It was awful.

How could you say that?! It had an awesome soundtrack and nothing else.

Anyways, I just watched American Beauty and it was cool.

I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special. Now I know why even die-hard Star Wars fans tell you not to bother watching the Star Wars Holiday Special. First time I've ever seen a Wikipedia article with a Reception subsection titled "Regrets."

hehe, according to wikipedia "The special was ranked at #3 in "The Five Goofiest Moments Of The Star Wars Mythos", in the 62nd issue of UK's Star Wars Magazine." There are 2 goofier moments? I am nto sure if I want to know about them...

I saw Inception this afternoon. Or rather, experienced it. What an awesome film, possibly the best one I've ever seen (until now that is, only recently really interested in films). I was so caught up in the film, perfectly executed story, great cast and camera work and the soundtrack was also very good. :thumbup:

I watched a few movies over the last week or so.

The Other Guys-This movie was very funny. I don't recall any "off" jokes or groan inducing moments. Pretty well everyone played their parts quite well. Samuel L Jackson and The Rock are great as the over the top, action movie esque cops. Will Farrell is great as the detective who got promoted out of Forensic Accounting. Mark Wahlberg is great as the cop who wants to be the big action hero to the point that he believes every suspicious thing the two come across is part of a plot involving drug lords and crime syndicates. Easily the funniest movie I have seen this year.

The Expenables -This was more or less what I expected. It was essentially an 80s action movie, the good and the bad. The action is good and "real" (lacking CGI, primary actors doing their own stunts I believe), the action is bloody, there are love interests, the plot is paper thin at best, the bad guys are true scum (Eric Roberts was a good choice here) and you want them to get what's coming to them, the character development is virutally non existant (well, maybe one or two characters learn something out of all this). Everyone played their role well, although only a few of the people in the movie had a real role. Stallone and Statham are the mains with Li, Lundgren (to my suprise, to be completely honest), and Rourke are the secondary characters with actual parts. Roberts plays the villain well. Steve Austin, Randy Couture, and Terry Crews have their moments, but they were basically card board cut outs of characters (which is very fitting for an 80s style action movie). Arnold and Willis are in this for roughly twice as long as their clip in the previews.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World-I'll start by saying that I have never read the books, so I have no idea how "accurate" this is. Having saiid that, I was entertained. There is a lot of video game based humor/scenery in this. For instance, as Scott defeats the Evil Exes they turn to piles of coins and point scores materialize. A lot of things go completely unexplained (well, pretty well all of tha fantastical happenings go unexplained and no one seems to really question it). If you're not a video game fan, you may not enjoy the movie. Even the plot is like a video game (fight the "bosses" (the exes) to "rescue" (win the heart of) the "princess" (Ramona)). Also, Keiran Culkin steals about every scene he is in.

The last film i watched was the big lebowski, for about the 10th time, and it's still hilarious. The humour is so subtle, that it gets funnier upon each watching, I love it!

I watched Tarzan quite recently, I believe it was a fortnight ago. Really brought back memories, and I can't believe that Brian Blessed voiced an animated character! I'm quite surprised I wasn't deafened! :tongue:

I watched Surrogates a little while ago. I really loved the story, but it was a little poorly executed.

Once Upon a Time in the West, a damn good movie and a meditation on the death of the western hero. I recommend it to anyone who can be patient with a film, as there are some long scenes, but it is definitely worth it, especially Henry Fonda of all people and his magnificent role as the ruthless Frank.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

The last film i watched was the big lebowski, for about the 10th time, and it's still hilarious. The humour is so subtle, that it gets funnier upon each watching, I love it!

Agreed, fantastic movie, it's in my all time top 3 movies :thumbup:

Once Upon a Time in the West, a damn good movie and a meditation on the death of the western hero. I recommend it to anyone who can be patient with a film, as there are some long scenes, but it is definitely worth it, especially Henry Fonda of all people and his magnificent role as the ruthless Frank.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Also agreed... I can't believe two of my all time favorite movies get mentioned on 1 page on eurobricks. Once upon a time in the west is for me a perfect 10/10. I can't say anything bad about this movie, everything is spot on.

I watched Paranormal Activity 2 over the weekend. It was okay but there wasn't really anything new. Even though that actually makes sense (the two movies are related by more than their title), it was a little repetitive. Like the first movie, it only works if you let yourself get absorbed into it. If you sit there thinking "this is a movie, not a home video" the movie will be terrible (and you probably missed the point while waisting your money). There are some jumps, but it's mostly the usual horror approach of having the music slowly fall silent and then blasting something out (in this case, an entire kitchen has the contents of it's cabinets blast out). There are a couple of creepy parts. With the first one, the boyfriend/husband (I can't recall if they were married) wanted to document it all and thought it was cool (up to a point). In this one, the husband gets it all on tape and only when the evidence is literally ready to bite his face off does he concede that something is going on (while every other character is pleading with him to open his eyes). The ultimate motives of the demon are somewhat explained in this one.

Beyond that I have been renting horror movies that I haven't yet watched. I recently watched The Lost Boys 2 and 3. The movies weren't absolutely terrible, but they aren't as good as the original. They're direct-to-DVD sequels, so my expectations were a lot lower. The third movie does validate the werewolf claim made in the first movie. I also watched Mirrors 1 and 2. The first one was an okay horror movie. It made sense (well, it passes the horror movie logic test anyway) even if the plot didn't really start to become clear until the final act. Up until that point, it's mirrors killing people. After the 2/3rd mark or so, you at least know why they are doing that. The second movie is only somewhat related to the first. The mirror comes from the same building (despite all of the mirrors in the building apparently exploding in part 1), but the entity and it's motivations are entirely different. And then there was Frozen. I rented this to see how absurd it really was after reading an article about it several months ago. 3 people are trapped on a ski lift with the place shut down for the week. That's more or less the entire movie. It wasn't awful (or I have a high bar for what I call awful), but it has problems. If you think a tale of bad ideas leading to people stuck in a deadly situation somehwat of their own making where they proceed to have even more bad ideas, then this is the movie for you.

I just saw gamer on Netflix. Surprisingly it was not that good. Lots of random nudity though, which was unexpected for an action flick. I actually wouldn't recommend it.