EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix today. Excellent movie BTW!

I saw Die Hard 4.0 a couple of days (maybe even weeks) ago. I really loved the movie. I especially loved the conversation concerning CCR and other old school music X-D . Another movie I saw, was Shrek 3. God, that movie really sucked big time :-X . I wouldn't recommend it to anyone *n* . It wasn't even a funny movie.

I saw last night Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 8-

I just watched Casablanca

Good to watch the oldies again

Watching Bogart say those famous lines was like music to my ears! *sweet*

Watched You, Me and Dupree again last night, it's a great film and Owen Wilson is in fine form through out.

I watched Return of the Jedi in the original version yesterday evening. Before that I watched Once upon a time in Mexico again...Really cooool movie!

-Aredhel

Watched 'Alien vs Predator' with my dad on Saturday night.

He described it as "a bit of stuff and nonsense." And I couldn't have put it better myself.

And, as cool as the aliens are, the Predators are just so much cooler.

I will go and watch Harry Potter 5 in a few minutes!!! I loved the books and I know that the movie will never come close enough, but hope it will be good enough!

-Aredhel

Sunday: Harry Potter

Yesterday: Blades of Glory X-D - excellent movie!!!

Later on today: Harry Potter again, now with RAS.

simpsons_cast.png On

copmike

Order of the Phoenix. Overall, great movie. I loved the final battle, but I think that it could have been longer. Regarding Harry's kiss..what's up with that? They just kissed. And for the remaining part of the movie they talked together...as nothing happened. I usually hate romance stuff anyway.

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

Regarding Harry's kiss..what's up with that? They just kissed. And for the remaining part of the movie they talked together...as nothing happened. I usually hate romance stuff anyway.

Shakar

They weren't allowed to, because of Umbridge, and Harry and the others had enough to be secret with, so I think they just wanted to be careful. In the novel there is not that much romance between those both too!

-Aredhel

I will go and watch Harry Potter 5 in a few minutes!!! I loved the books and I know that the movie will never come close enough, but hope it will be good enough!

Just got back from seeing it. Great film. The ending got the spectacle it deserved, and Imelda Staunton as Umbridge was a piece of great casting, as was the girl who played Luna. I think it helped that I've not read the book for a few years, so it allowed me to see the film with less of a preconcieved idea.

Talking about the books, with the last one out later in the week, I thought I'd point this out. My friend e-mailed me this link earlier:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/07/...n_is_the_p.html

Firstly, as if anyone would actually buy it at full price when it's available for less. Sure it's 'the right thing to do' but no-one will. Secondly, perhaps some of the language is repetetive, but overall it's the story that matters. A good story should win, and here it does.

And thirdly, his opinion is clearly wrong. So there. :-P

I usually hate romance stuff anyway.

How miserable are you? ;-)

Harry Potter 5 on Opening Day. Excellent film. My only gripe is that they didn't develop the characters enough. Felt slightly rushed. :-/

On another note, could someone please help me out? I remember seeing a movie trailer a while ago for a movie about some SW fanboys, who travel across America to get to the first screening of The Phantom Menace. However, I haven't seen anything on it since. *wacko* Anyone know what I'm on about/seen anything about it?

TK

Harry Potter 5 on Opening Day. Excellent film. My only gripe is that they didn't develop the characters enough. Felt slightly rushed. :-/

My sister went last Friday with her friends (understandable that I didn't go), and she thought that it was a bit slow. So you think it was rushed, she thinks it was slow and I think it was 'just right.'

Ha, we're the three bears! :-D

On another note, could someone please help me out? I remember seeing a movie trailer a while ago for a movie about some SW fanboys, who travel across America to get to the first screening of The Phantom Menace. However, I haven't seen anything on it since. *wacko* Anyone know what I'm on about/seen anything about it?

I do know what you're talking about, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. Or, in fact, anything else about the film.

Oh, hang on, no, found it: Fanboys on Wikipedia, due out next year.

Just saw a very interesting movie (which is really a documentary) called A Very British Gangster

Donal MacIntyre, an irish director followed for a long period of time Dominic Noonan (aka Lattlay Fottfoy),

one of Britain's most dangerous crime families and introduces us to its magnetic, larger-than-life leader.

A very interseting movie which depicts the duality of Good/bad in all those crime families: Dominic also plats a real important role of peace keeping and social help worker in his Manchester community.

You should definitly watch this documentary ;-)

*yoda*

OoTP. Was pretty good, that nameless JJ Abrams trailer looked interesting.

@BB: Thanks. I noticed a couple of SW actors are in it. :-P

Apparently it was shown at Celebration Europe the day I was there. I missed it. |-/

However, I see it's scheduled to be released on the same day as the nameless JJ Abrams film.

TK

The legend of Sweeny Todd, the demon barber of fleet street.

How could this possibly be funny!?! Good movie, though. I recommend it.

SPOILERS!

It's about a barber who kills people and bakes them into pies. Don't let this deter you from watching it, though. It's hilarious.

They weren't allowed to, because of Umbridge, and Harry and the others had enough to be secret with, so I think they just wanted to be careful. In the novel there is not that much romance between those both too!

-Aredhel

Ah yes, I see. I'm not a huge fan of Harry Potter and I haven't read the books, however the story interests me enough to make me watch all the five movies released so far. :-P

I still think that the whole love story thing was useless. I suppose that they did it to please everyone. But, again, I hate romance stuff in movies and books.

Despite not being a Final Fantasy fan, yesterday I rented Advent Children and I watched it. It was a neat movie, longer than I excepted. My favourite scenes were when all the team aided Cloud to jump towards the huge winged beast and the Sephiroth/Cloud duel.

"I will....never be a memory."

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

Transformers (caught a preview screening with loads of mates). Boy that was one hell of a movie. One of my favourites ever. It made me wanna go buy the toys (did it's job then huh? :-P)

I watched Harry Potter and The order of the Phoenix today with my friend... I liked it, there were some good and funny parts in it. Overall it's a great film with many special effects *y* *y* *y*

I still think that the whole love story thing was useless. I suppose that they did it to please everyone. But, again, I hate romance stuff in movies and books.

It was played out a little bit more in the book, though. The fanboys (and girls ;-) ) would've kicked up a fuss if it hadn't been in.