EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

WARNING: POTC 3 SPOILERS!

Lot's of deaths though. Norrington, Elizabeth's father, Davy Jones.
I agree. I was excepting Jones to die, kind of Beckett too, but Norrington..I didn't expect this. I did read on Wikipedia about Governor Swann. Oh, I should've watched the credits till the end. Reading Wikipedia, I learnt that, hopefully, after 10 years Will returns to Elizabeth and, also, they had a son. Well, I'd call this a good ending (tough it's rather creepy to guard your husband's heart selaed in a locker.. X-D).

Shakar

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End yesterday. Truly a GREAT MOVIE!

I can't wait to buy the DVD! Much better than Dead Man's Chest if you ask me. I think the music in the movie is also great.

SPOILERS!

BTW, do you guys expect another sequel? I know, several fan sites say there is, but I don't know if I should believe that.

I mean, it is quite an open end isn't it? Not like part II but still. I mean, what's Jack gonna do? And what about Hector? Will the find the fountain of youth? Will they even go look for it? And what about Calypso? Is Davy Jones really dead? Will Beckett's death stop the EITC from hunting down every pirate alive?

I don't know...

END OF SPOILERS

Mr Tiber

I just saw ZODIAC and I was really impressed by that movie. I totally disagree with Mr Hobbles on that matter, here is why (I didn't quote his 1st paragraph because I fully concur there):

Very slow moving with constant jumping between times and places. Not to mention the end is very unsatisfying. It's like the conclusion was rushed. I know it's "based" on a real story, but it shouldn't have been made into a movie if it was going to come out this dull. Just when you think something good is going to happen, it goes and gets dull again.

It's like the movie just ends, and then the next twenty years are summed up with three screens of text to read.

The fact that the movie was slow really made it very interesting !! Its a great portrait of an era - mid 60's to mid 70's (mor or less). It also allows a lot of indepth study of characters and their psychology + storyline !!

Lets not forget that the feds at the time were not that powerfull, and that profilers were not systematically used in cases like that. Its a great historcal movie from the law & order point of view !! Nowadays, you can bring an alleged criminal with circumstantial evidence !!

So I am far from thinking that this movie is dull !! I didn't see the time fly by !!

Also regarding the ending, there was no need for a longer ending: those last 20 years are not relevent to the matter at hand. I think that Fincher did the right thing by just explaining the facts without any acting.

Before watching the movie, I saw a TV show with criminologists (I hope that words exists in english) who all were unanimously fans of the movie !! I think that to enjoy this movie, you need to look at it with a historian view and with a need to know how criminal cases were handled at that time ;-)

And here are my thoughts on that POTC3

HUGE Spoilers Warning

BTW, do you guys expect another sequel?

Actually during the credits I thought that it was sure that a sequel will be made !! However, if you stayed until the end of the credits like I told you guys to do, the sequel is not really obvious, here is why: its 10 years after and Elisabeth and her son (the one she had with will) are on top of a cliff looking at Will's ship sail away !!

Oh what the heck, I'm sure there will be a sequel to explain what happens after :-P

*yoda*

I just saw "Once upon a time in Mexico" on DVD today. IMO very great movie and I am glad I caught the adult version. I think in the other one everything would be cut.

-Aredhel

I saw Pistvakt, a Swedish movie. Hysterical. X-D

Including: Retarded brothers, shotguns, homemade booze, man-eating polar bear, and a little girl.. :-P

Snakes on a Plane. What a silly film. It was ok I guess, not great, but there were some very funny parts and some very clever parts. And some really stupid parts.

Give it a go if you've got nothing better to do (like the History homework I could have done).

Actually he got 'em in HMV. So he says. Maybe he was trying to throw me off the scent so he could buy more movies. ;-)

Watched Underworld:Evolution yesterday. Not what I'd call a good movie, but entertaining :-D And it's got Kate Beckinsale *wub*

Watched Underworld:Evolution yesterday. Not what I'd call a good movie, but entertaining :-D And it's got Kate Beckinsale *wub*
I still have to see this one. I saw the original Underworld movie and I quite loved it. Nothing better than a movie with Victorian Age styled vampires fighting werewolves *y* .

I saw POTC 3 yesterday. It was very good.

Great scenery

Great music

Funny characters

However, I am very bothered by a few things throughout the series:

1. Davy Jones is NOT captain of the Flying Dutchman. Cap'n Van der Decken (I like to say Vanderdecken) is. It's here on Wikipedia The Dutchman Does not guide souls- it is a cursed ship, doomed to ply the seas forever.

2. The Black Pearl does not have the lines of a fast ship. The hull was built onto a barge. If the Black Pearl were a real ship, it would be slower than a snail in glue.

3. Why are they after Calypso? If they want true power, ask Poseidon.

Other than those, I really liked the movie. Rather anticlimatic ending, though.

The Dutchman Does not guide souls- it is a cursed ship, doomed to ply the seas forever.

3. Why are they after Calypso? If they want true power, ask Poseidon.

I think that these two were created specifically for the Calypso/Davy Jones love story. I mean, he loves her but he had to "trap" her in a human body. Due to this, he took away his heart and became cursed to guide the souls of those who died in the sea. It was all made to make him a tormented soul. And Poseidon's a male, so......

Shakar

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

I find it odd how there's not mention of how long it would take to get from Tortuga to Singapore. Plus, it seems that the Fountain of Youth [from the map at the end] is either in the Florida Keys or Bermuda Triangle.

2 days ago - Pirates of the Caribbean 3. It was okay |-/

Today - Death Proof. It was gooood *y*!

Quentin On

copmike

grindhouseposters.jpg

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. That was a cool film. Very surreal at points, and it sort of reminded me of Akira which I think I'll enjoy more now but I'll definately buy it (borrowing Joe's copy).

On a school field trip to the South Whitehall Township of Pennsylvania, we watched three films.

The Sandlot - It was alright, I guess. It's a nice movie although a little corny, but it's not my cup of tea.

She's the Man - This one had the whole bus entranced! It sucked. Probably the second worst movie I've ever seen. It was absolutely horrifying in every way.....

Robin Hood: Men in Tights - I guess it was okay, but it was hard to tell due to end of the eerie lack of talk caused by the previous film. I did get a little board, but then again that might be because I couldn't hear properly.

Believe or not, the last movie I watched was Star Wars Episode IV. My wife suggested it last week. The last movie I saw in the theater was Spider-Man 3. It was ok, but the first 2 were better.

And oo7, you need to watch Robin Hood: Men In Tights again - it's hilarious! :-D

Today - Death Proof. It was gooood *y*!

Quentin On

copmike

grindhouseposters.jpg

Only Good ?? Oh boy how I loved this movie *wub* Quentin is such a fantastic fil maker that always refresh himself in a lot of ways hehe

The dialogs were hilarious, some scenes were really crude, Kurt is a fantastic actor and the babes are hot BUT the cars are way hotter IMO :-D :-P OH boy that chase between the '69 Charger and the '71 Challenger is just *wub* (Dodge On !!)

And I loved all the winks to Kill BIll :-P Have you guys noticed that on the Boss Mustang there is a "pussywagon" sticker on its rear :-D Also the ring tone of that cell is really KillBIllesque :-P

And I'm not even mentionning that the license plate of Kurt's first car in the movie (forget which Chevy though) has the SAME license plate as McQueen's baby in Bullit ;-)

DeathProof On !!

*yoda*

Believe or not, the last movie I watched was Star Wars Episode IV. My wife suggested it last week. The last movie I saw in the theater was Spider-Man 3. It was ok, but the first 2 were better.

And oo7, you need to watch Robin Hood: Men In Tights again - it's hilarious! :-D

Mofo's right on Men in Tights.
I will third that statement. Men In Tights is one of the funniest movies, IMO *y* .

I saw eragon on DVD yesterday evening. IMO it was not that good. I did not read the novel before, but I dont think it'll be much better than the movie. For kids this movie might be ok, but IMO for adults its not that great!

-Aredhel

The Usual Suspects.

Plot twists are good! Just when you think you get it, they turn everything around. And then they just do it again, and you find out you were right anyway. Awesome.

And of course it has Kevin Spacey, one of my favorite actors.