EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Watched Pan's Labyrinth with my little brother, I think it was a bad choice for a night-time movie :blush:

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2. An excellent conclusion to the series with a lot of dramatic and intense scenes! I read the book and it seemed to follow it well. :sweet::thumbup:

Mockingjay Part 2 in theaters (that was fun), and last night I watched bits of Star Wars Phantom Menace with some friends (snooze... Wake me Episode VII arrives!).

The Martian, awesome movie.

Matt Damon was hilarious and I bet he'll never eat another potato again. :sick:

Went home and tried to build the Rover he used for a large portion of the movie.

Qahne: Pan's Labyrinth is an awesome movie, love it.

Recently watched Total Recall and The 6th Day. Older movies, but great nonetheless.

Ex Machina: Really well executed film, one of the best I have seen this year (admittedly that "honor" is not worth much). Even so the A.I. angle they take is played out, and it is the characters, and actors playing them that drive the film rather than any deep philosophical examination. I usually can not stand any homage paid to 2001: A Space Odyssey, as they usually boil down to derivative designs, characters, or nothing more than a cheap reference; and I thought this one got even that right.

Home Alone 1 & 2 (avoid 3 & 4 like the plague). What better way to ring in the Christmas season?

Edited by Junior Shark

In the theater? Spectre. Not bad it all, the whole opening scene was problem my favorite part. It wasn't quite as good as Skyfall, but all the little throwback homages were cool (especially the From Russia with love train thing) Oh. And it had the most God awful Bond song I've ever had to sit through. :laugh: It's also the only song that wasn't the name of the movie..it was very meh

The force awakens, I suspect we're going to see that a lot in this thread. I enjoyed it.