EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

No Country for Old Men. Javier Bardem's Academy Award for Supporting Actor was rightly justified albeit a little disturbing.

Spring Breakers - which I saw a few weeks ago. Even under the influence it was still the worst movie I have even seen. There was not a single redeeming factor within, nor were there any 'funny' parts. I couldn't even laugh at how bad it was, it was a new low. A whole level for movie grading should be based on this, with comparing this movie to anything bad that comes out in the future.

I think the movie could be slightly entertaining if it was given a touch of the Mystery Science Theatre 3000; but even then only slightly.

The plot was retarded, the dialogue was as non-existent than the clothes on the girls. Basically, every 5 minutes, a word or phrase is repeated over and over. Such has, "Spring Break", or the now infamous "It wasn't supposed to be like this."

I've been on the futon all day today pretty sick so watched a bunch of movie. The best so far has definitely been "My Cousin Vinny" :laugh: I have always loved that movie!

Iron Man 2. Just to get ready for 3 on Wednesday.

Lucky; I have to wait till May 3rd for it to even premiere here in Canada. :(

We watched part of Paranorman since it is on Netflix now. My daughter seemed to like it. She is infatuated with zombies at the moment thanks to her best friend. She also really likes ghosts and monsters in general. We watched Monster Squad recently and she loved it. Had to watch it multiple times in a row.

My wife and I saw Oblivion on Saturday. Overall, it's a pretty decent movie. The visuals are gorgeous, and I won't be surprised if Daniel Simon's lovely Bubble Ship becomes a classic. Unlike typical American sci-fi movies, this one focuses less on non-stop action and shooting, building the story around the protagonist's life as he goes about doing his duty for the last of mankind. That's extremely generalized, but I don't want to spoil. Personally, I like the pensive nature of this movie, although I found the ending a bit cliché and anticlimactic. Folks with the patience to watch 2001: Space Odyssey will enjoy it, I think.

Iron Man 3! Great movie, but I shan't reveal any spoilers! :wink: 

Better than the first two?

Haven't seen the first one, but I would say that it is quite different from the second one. Alot of twists.

Iron Man 3, one of my most anticipated movies of this year, and it was epic! Lots of action, some great laughs and twists that left me shocked even to this point. It definitely blows the first two out of the water. Go see it, you will not regret it.

Edited by Wall E2624

I saw "Oblivion" last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I get the 2001 comment as it felt a bit slow at the start. I'm off to see Iron Man 3 tonight as well.

I saw Jurassic Park in 3D last week, and tonight I'm watching a special screening of the Next Gen Episode "Best of Both Worlds" It's been re-worked from a two-part show to a feature length film.

Next week I'm going to the Iron Man Marathon on Thursday, then Star Trek Into Darkness on the 17th.

"Doctor Who"-1996

Yeah, that crazy thing from the nineties...I watched it. And yes, it's a movie, not a TV episode.

Cons: The cliche black leather and shades, the over the top cheesy Master, the quite stupid kid, and the dumb death of Seven, and the "Half-human" concept. And generally the whole nineties feel.

(Thankfully the half-human idea was later retconned, but the death and general feel are still issues. The seventies and early eighties "feel" on DW is fine as it doesn't shine through as badly, (Most of the time) but I just can't stand certain decades cinematic aesthetics.)

Pros: Paul MaGann, TARDIS room designs.

(Wish we could have seen more of this Doctor, but I guess we'll just have to settle for the audios. Also, this console room is really cool)

While this isn't my favorite classic series story, and isn't by far my favorite modern series story, it's worth a watch. And every respectable Whovian should see it at least once. I can really see how this bridges the gap between both eras, but that "Right-in-the-middle" quality also hurts it a bit.

I saw "Oblivion" last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I get the 2001 comment as it felt a bit slow at the start. I'm off to see Iron Man 3 tonight as well.

Good to know Oblivion is worth the shot. Please share your thoughts on Iron Man 3!

Man, I'm a bit sick of the recent epidemic of big plot twists in action movies... was kinda cool the first few times, but now it seems every action movie has to have a big annoying plot twist or two (that is usually full of holes). Especially super-hero movies of late.

If I want a movie that will make me think I'll watch some espionage, police or murder mystery, not an underwear-on-the-outside unrealistic-abilitied NYC/LA/similar saviour (who is also almost always at odds with the law..?)

Anyway, I watched Django Fett Unchained recently, typical Tarantino. No one else would make me laugh at people being shot. That's not to say I didn't find parts of the movie disturbing, as any decent person would. Interesting movie, NO big stupid plot twists.

Good to know Oblivion is worth the shot. Please share your thoughts on Iron Man 3!

Excellent, and the action didn't let up for a minute, even after the credits had finished rolling. Don't leave until you've sat through the credits ;-). There were a couple of twists I wasn't expecting having avoided the spoilers on the web, which made it a great story. It was better than Iron Man 2.

Next up is "Startrek".

Regards

Kaitain

Total Recall; great movie overall, could've used a few more plot twists. Haven't seen the 1990 one with Arnold so I can't compare.

Excellent, and the action didn't let up for a minute, even after the credits had finished rolling. Don't leave until you've sat through the credits ;-).

Kaitain

Aw no! A part of me was thinking there was something after the credits but then I thought "na, there can't be". Could you tell me what happened in a spoiler tag or maybe PM me?

Watched Iron Man 3...Way better than the second one, but I'm still not sure if I prefer it over the first one.

Shame that the "Mandarin" was just some junkie... He would've been a badass villain.

Edited by TheRedGuy

Back from Iron Man 3. Awesome movie. Although everyone seems to hate the second one; I actually think it's a nice trilogy and each one good in it's own way. They all have their witty & dead moments.

'Tony Stark will return.'

Edited by Cammo