EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Great addition to the already good franchise. Good fun with some humourous bits and nice fight scenes. Thought that Penelope Cruz was good too! :wub:

Yesterday I watched two movies

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close- I enjoyed this movie, not a whole lot, it seemed kind of jumbled and confusing sometimes, but it wasn't horrible. I found it pretty sad, but the ending completely frustrated me.

The Dark Knight Rises- I hadn't seen it in theaters, but I wanted to. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but there were some parts I felt were slightly stretched out a bit, longer than they should have been. I was also bugged by Bane's voice. It just didn't seem right to me. I imagined Bane to have a deeper voice, and I occasionally heard Bane's voice in a few different accents throughout the movie, but otherwise, I really liked it.

The Hobbit for the fourth time! Second time in 48fps. Can't get enough Middle-Earth!

In my opinion Wall-E was :thumbdown: . The last movie I have seen was... I actually havent seen one in a very long time. Have been busy lately.

Wrath of the Titans; I really hope they change something drastically for the 3rd one. Sam Worthington is alright, I suppose.

Since seeing The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (outstanding, 11 out of 10 from me) I have been on a Western mission. Saw A Fistful of Dollars (7) and A Few Dollars More (8) and Once Upon a Time in The West (8, great stuff from Henry Fond and Charles Bronson) all for the first time. Bring on the Lone Ranger! And Superman Returns, which surprised me with its faithfulness to the original films.

:classic:

Total Recall. The original Arnie version, obviously, as no re-make can ever be as good as a classic like this. I really enjoyed it, the story was well-written, with plenty of good action and nice graphics. I absolutely loved the JohnnyCab! :grin:

And no, I have no intention of watching the new version. I find the lack of Shwarzanegger disturbing.

Finally saw Prometheus. (I've been borrowing it for several months and still haven't touched it :blush: ) Didn't compare to Alien and Aliens, period, but it's still a decent movie.

I literally went on a 007 Movie Marathon starting with Dr. No through to For Your Eyes Only (I skipped On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Moonraker) and then right through GoldenEye to Quantum of Solace. Then I watched Les Miserables in theatres- Absolutely amazing, Hugh Jackman's performance as Jean Valjean was great :grin:

Total Recall. The original Arnie version, obviously, as no re-make can ever be as good as a classic like this. I really enjoyed it, the story was well-written, with plenty of good action and nice graphics. I absolutely loved the JohnnyCab! :grin:

And no, I have no intention of watching the new version. I find the lack of Shwarzanegger disturbing.

I've seen both, and while there are differences & similarities for better or worse they are both decent sci-fi action movies in my opinion. The remake is not perfect by any stretch, but at least worth watching once.

Edited by Artanis I

Recently saw Wreck it Ralph. For a movie about video games it is perfection. Lovely to see cameos of Sonic, Bowser and of course Inky, Binky, Pinky and Clyde (Pacman ghosts).

I saw The Hobbit in 2d and I am going see it again in 3d tonight!

Kick-megablocks - my personal 'best', most enoyable and most realistic superhero movie I've seen. (Yep, better than the Marvel ones and the Nolan Batman trilogy. :wink:) Super-stoked for Kick-megablocks 2 this year!

Sucker Punch - movie's weird as hell, and despite the mostly negative criticism of its radical outside-the-box approach of story-telling, I quite enjoyed it on top of the surrealistic action scenes.

This Means War - which could easily be retitled 'This Means Bore'. Aside from the obvious cliched jokes and one liners, there's very little to get excited about. Stay well clear.

I rewatched the Nolan trilogy this last weekend with some friends. I was already a fan, but this was my second viewing of TDKRises and I was much happier with it the second time. I had a lot of negative criticism the first time at the theater, but watching it in my own home, I was much more pleased. Anne Hathaway (who I would not have picked) kicked major tail in it and she won me over as "Catwoman."

I can't wait until I can find the TDKRises set to have. It is sold out everywhere around here.

This Means War - which could easily be retitled 'This Means Bore'. Aside from the obvious cliched jokes and one liners, there's very little to get excited about. Stay well clear.

I really hated that film. It was completely unfunny and so boring that I fell asleep halfway through. I agree, stay away from that film. :sadnew:

A couple more movies I've seen recently:

Les Miserables - I'm an extremely biased huge Les Mis fan so I absolutely loved this move - despite the director's obsession with super-close ups and some singing that was decent at best but not comparable to the superb voices of theator actors I've been used to hearing. Hathaway and Jackman did great acting (and deserved their Golden Globe awards), and it had me singing at the end of the movie. :sweet:

District 9 - the best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time. Refreshing to see a different depiction of aliens in our planet. :thumbup:

The Hobbit. Finally. It's been about 20 minutes since I got back and I have a half a mind to head back to the theater to catch the next showing. That was just a fantastic movie in every way. :wub: Hard to compare it to the Lord of the Rings until I've seen one or twice a couple dozen more times, but my first reaction is that LotR hardly compared at all. :grin_wub: Most all of the dwarves at least got a bit of screen time and dialogue. Bofur is so far my favorite, both in the movie and in minifig form. :laugh:

Just rewatched the first Clash of Titans. Of course I have watched this movie a gazillion times, but this was the very first time in the past 20 years or so.

And I got to say, it's an awesome movie. Epic. Everything about it is great. I may even say it got better with age.

I spent some of my time today watching the horrendous film, Foodfight! on YouTube. It's is AWFUL, and the last 30 minutes are laughably bad. I actually recommend, especially since you can watch it for free, and it is so bad it's funny, kinda like The Room.

Mission Impossible 1; pretty good but the 4th one is still my favourite.

Yea, the fourth film is phenomenal. Definitely one of my favorite action flicks.

Top Gun. A good film that I've been wanting to see for a long time. Some absolutely brilliant aerial manouvres back in the day when CGI was non-existant, I have a feeling that if it were made today, there would have been plenty of green screens and very little actual flying. Worth watching, definitely.