EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Cloud Atlas was indeed enjoyable.

It is a bit confusing at first but it becomes really clear near the end :sweet:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Interesting to see a much younger Jack Nicholson, Christopher Lloyd, Danny DeVito & Brad Dourif(!) - and the scary looking guy with sunken eyes.

Now excuse me as I'm gonna play 007 Goldeneye on my Nintendo 64 with my brother. :grin:

JEALOUS!:drool: I'm coming over tomorrow. I used to play the sh*t outta that game. :grin:

Not a film but a tv series, I've just been watching idiot abroad 3, it's as funny as hell :)

I just watched 12 Dates of Christmas on Netflix. It was actually a cute movie. Very Groundhog's Day only switch with Christmas and not as laugh out loud funny. But cute nonetheless. And I haven't seen Mark Paul Gosselaar in anything in a long time.

Watched 'Encino Man' on Comedy Central... Saw a reference on 'King of the Hill', a few days earlier, and I kinda like Pauley Shore. This one was a bit bland, but was a little entertaining... :sceptic::classic:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly extended cut. What a film! I had not seen it before because I did not expect to be interested in Westerns. It was amazing. Deserves its place in all those best ever films lists. :classic:

Watched 'Encino Man' on Comedy Central... Saw a reference on 'King of the Hill', a few days earlier, and I kinda like Pauley Shore. This one was a bit bland, but was a little entertaining... :sceptic::classic:

I haven't seen that in a long time. Now I want to watch In the Army Now thanks to you!

I watched The Artist a few days back when I was sick. It was really good.

Bought TDK Rises from Walmart last night and watched it with family, who seemed to like it a lot.

Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition), to get myself in the Hobbit mood. Not long left to go!

Boromir's death still makes me cry... :cry_sad:

I just watched Iron Man 2 :blush: it just came out for Amazon prime, I now regret my decision to wait, it was amazing. :wall: Can't wait till Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 ( in 2015 :cry3: ) the first Avengers movie was one of the best movies I've seen, behind all Star Wars movies and the Lord of the rings trilogy.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Saw The Hobbit-awesome! :grin: The scenery alone was INSANE! Action was great and I can't wait for round 2!

Seen The Hobbit twice in the last 24 hr. the first at the midnight release and I just came back from the second time. I love how Bilbo Baggins was portrayed.

Finished Top Gun which I borrowed from the public library; probably my 2nd favourite Cruise movie behind A Few Good Men.

Saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on Friday, and I really enjoyed it. It may not be as good as a starter film as Fellowship of the Ring, but still.

8.75/10

Saw The Hobbit yesterday. I was speechless by the end of it. It may be one of the first times that (and I know I will be flogged for saying this) a film adaptation is better than the book.

Everything that Jackson and Co. added to spice up the story, from Radagast and the White Council, to the more prominence of the Warg Riders, all made the story feel more full, and less like an episodical adventure like the book. The imminent threat of the Wargs and orcs from the very start of the journey created a more concrete enemy for the group to be worried about. Sure, they fight trolls and goblins and such, but Smaug isn't after them. He's asleep. S having someone after the group makes it feel like there is more at stake, and it worked amazingly.

Also, all of the performances were just phenomenal, but the best scene by far was Riddles in the Dark. Both Martin Freeman's and Andy Serkis's performances were awesome and perfect for the scene, particularly the frequency of the Smeagol/Gollum personality switches.

If I had to rate it, 11/10

Rented Snow White and the Huntsmen. Usually this type of movie dissolves into cheese rather quickly, or there's a Marlon Wayans type of character thrown in for comedic affect, which makes me want to immediately stop watching. This movie maintained a solemn tone throughout. Kristen Stewart (Snow White) surprised me with her performance; perhaps she can act. The dwarves are played by a host of well known and talented British actors, and they added the humor, although it was never overplayed. The lovely Charlize Theron played an excellent villain, and the special effects throughout were imaginative and often spooky. It's a darker, grittier, more serious take on the classic tale, and I greatly enjoyed it.