EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Took my parents to see Cars :-D Its my second time and I noticed some details I haven't noticed on the first time ;-) !!

*yoda*

Just a note: MI:3 was the official movie title, SR is an abbreviation used by the internet-/message board community.

No, it was a promotional abbreviation...

From the official Mission Impossible III website:

Tom Cruise, the most exciting and successful star in the world, returns to one of his signature roles, Secret Agent Ethan Hunt, in "Mission: Impossible III." In this pulse-racing, mind-bending action thriller, Hunt confronts the toughest villain he's ever faced - Owen Davian (Academy Award

Okay if you guys havent figured it out, YES SR stands for Superman: Returns.

Watched Tim Burtons Batman a couple of days ago. It was all good, apart from Bruce Wayne. The actor was far to feminine for me...

-Tilius-

I continued my Rocky viewing with Rocky III

Intense I must say !! Frome Rocky's first KO, to the loss oof his mentor and trainer Mickey !! But tks to his former nemesis Apollo, he regained the eye of the tiger and defeated Mister T !!

And there is that hilarious secne with Hulk Hogan (G what a monster !! Like MrT !!)

*yoda*

I saw Pirates of the Carribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest on Sunday with my friend, and I enjoyed it. Not as good as the first, but still very cool. Acutally, I tell a lie, that was the last complete film I watched. We were made to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp in English class. Related to PoTC2 by Depp.

I too saw Batman by Tim Burton, also related to Charlie' as it is by Tim Burton. I enjoyed it. Originally the joker scared me (I was young) but I appreciated him and his humour this time. Very cool. What I didn't like was that Batman was hardly ever seen. I also didn't like the suit.

G I had to brake my Rocky viewing to go and see tonight The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift !!

Actually its better than what I expected and the movie was enjoyable and funny with speed !! The VD cameo at the end was really terrific hehe !!

Its nice to see that every installment of the Fast and Furious licence has a diffrent feel and atmosphere !! Thats cool doing that ;-)

What is the point of that cheesy drifting ?? burning tire and loosing time in curves !! Just useless :-D

Now I hope to get my Rocky viewings back on track ;-)

*yoda*

Hi!

RAS74 & I went today and saw 16 Blocks followed by The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift.

Old Bruce W played the misunderstood, loneranger, I don

I watched the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN - DEAD MAN'S CHEST yesterday night *wub* *wub* !

It was sooo great again, but very different to the first movie! Very much action and soo much of very cool make-up and computer-made figs !!!

The crew of the "Flying Dutchman" was just incredible!!!

And one of the best cliffhangers I have seen for a long time!!!

- Aredhel

I've wached a fair few movies recently, 3 to be precise. First up is the second Pirates movie; Dead Man's Chest. I agree with most others on this, a good film, but not up to the standard of the first. There are only so many things that can be done with a Pirate film, but I loved the numerous references to the first film, and good jokes.

I accquired a cheap copy of X-Men 1.5 on DVD whilst abroad, it's one great film, it really did set the standards for all comic book films that followed it. The effects and Singer's brilliant storytelling still stand up to more recent efforts.

Last but not least, I saw Cars with a friend yesterday. Not up to Pixar's usual best. But you can definetly see how much the animation has improved since Toy Story. Not consistent humour, but the stuff that is funny is very funny. A feel good movie.

I heartily recommend all three films.

The day before yesterday I rewatched National Treasure: a good action/adventure movie which is based on fictional history !! Very pleasant to watch and Cage is as good as usual 8-

The day before yesterday I rewatched National Treasure: a good action/adventure movie which is based on fictional history !! Very pleasant to watch and Cage is as good as usual 8-

Everything was dirt, dirt and more dirt

I've got a jar with dirt!!!! *- Jack Sparrow

Sorry.Just had to do that. :-P

SUPERMAN RETURNS.

I liked it. Just love Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.

A bit overdue... Pirates 2, Labyrinth, and Dark Crystal.

Pirates is very entertaining if not a bit silly in some parts. I was dreading watching the flick because so many people had said it wasn't good. Time flew by quickly, and the plot isn't confusing if you just pay attention.

Lab was great fun. I loved all of the puppet characters and David Bowie made a good villain (with a funky hairdo).

Dark Crystal was O.K. The leads should've been actors because the puppets didn't work at all. They had no facial expressions. When they walked it looked cheesy (bobbing up and down). The story's narrative is lacking. Everything else is nice.

A couple of weeks ago I saw the Truman Show starring Jim Carrey.

Here is a quick plotline off IMDB for those who don't know about it:

In this movie, Jim Carrey is Truman, a man whose life is a fake one... The place he lives is in fact a big studio with hidden cameras everywhere, and all his friends and people around him, are actors who play their roles in the most popular tv-series in the world: The Truman Show. Truman thinks that he is an ordinary man with an ordinary life and has no idea about how he is exploited. Until one day... he finds out everything. Will he react?

I fail to see why this film recieved no Oscars, everyone who has seen it loves it, it is a truly underrated masterpiece. Jim Carrey pulls off one of his best performances to date in this, you truly feel for his character. The way the 'perfect' utopia is created is surreal, yet mesmerizing. Peter Weir deserves great credit for this amazing piece of film. I recommend that everyone sees this.

So, until next time:

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

I have seen "Envy" on DVD... the movie was ok, but a bit boring!

Wanna watch Pride and Prejudice later on...

EDIT: I have seen it now, and it is ok... But not as good as I thought!!!

I wathced Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and Cars the other day. Potc2 was very good, it really had some fun moments such as the "I got a jar with dirt!" scene among others. Cars was also enjoyable, although not as good as Potc2.

Just watched Tron for the first time.

Awsome movie. *y* It's got great special effects (at least for 1982.) and wonderful music...

END OF LINE X-D

Finally saw a movie again: Pirates of the Carribean 2. Not as good as 1, but it was a good movie nonetheless. But man, do I hate these open endings...now I just need to watch part 3 as well :-P