EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

A real oldie but goodie I saw Monty python and the holy grail.

Ni, Ni, I want a shrubbery. also Then the animator suffered a fatal heart attack and died. were the funniest quotes

To continue my Potter-craze, I found Order of the Phoenix last night. Very dark and cool. :sweet: I loved the big focus on the characters.

If you think its pointless then I'd say you missed the point. And it was brilliantly shot, the "one take" scenes were amazing.

Yeah, I probably did. :sceptic: Oh well. But yes, the "one-shots" were pretty good.

Anyway, I watched a couple of movies again:

How to Train Your Dragon in IMAX 3D - Yes, it was so good I had to watch it again, this time in 3D. The 3D is pretty good in this film, similar in quality to that of Avatar. It gives a lot of the scenes some nice depth. If you enjoy watching movies in 3D, I can recommend seeing it this way. It's not necessary though; as I have said earlier, you can perfectly enjoy this great movie in 2D as well! :classic:

TRON - This was my first time seeing this, and aside from the extremely basic CGI, I think it's a great movie that still holds up today. :thumbup: The lameness of the CGI isn't so bad either since it represents the time period nicely. Can't wait for the sequel this December!

I especially loved the Bit. "YES." :laugh:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Man, what a great little movie! I still don't get tired of it! It just has this great atmosphere of those old WWII pilot hero adventure stories! Totally underrated! It may not be the greatest movie ever, but I can absolutely recommend it!

The Italian Job - Very good heist movie! Very cool and entertaining. I especially loved Seth Green's parts! :laugh:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I saw the Men Who Stare at Goats a few weeks back. Its a really great film with a great plot and hilarious actors. It was so ironic how George Clooney kept referring to the new age army as "Jedi Warriors" when he was talking to Ewan McGregor. McGregor doesnt really hold his American accent very well through the film though :laugh:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Man, what a great little movie! I still don't get tired of it! It just has this great atmosphere of those old WWII pilot hero adventure stories! Totally underrated! It may not be the greatest movie ever, but I can absolutely recommend it!

Somebody agrees with me! :blush: That's one of my favorite movies!

Anyway, I got back from Clash of the Titans, and it was amazing!

Especially when Perseus throws Zeus' sword at Hades in the finale!

Medusa looked weird though; she was more snake than human! :wacko: The Kraken was way better than the one in Dead Man's Chest, because this one had a head with teeth. Surprised I wasn't blinded by Zeus' (Liam Neeson's) body armor, it was too bright for my taste.

ALL HAIL CATBUS!

There was a poster of that in my old English class. I always wondered what it was!

I myself watched I Am Legend and The Illusionist (again) this week. I never stop idolizing Eisenheim. :laugh:

I just got done watching Date Night. I thought it was funny. Not as funny as The Hangover for instance, but there was more than just what you see in the previews. Thankfully, the funny outweighed the serious quite a bit. I've noticed that a number of RomComs (which I usually avoid) have a problem balancing those two, usually towards the end when the zany plots have forced the characters into a corner that they will only get out of with some serious soul searching. There is a little of that here, but it doesn't go overboard.

In an interesting suprise, the couple's son was a LEGO fan. He asked his dad to have a LEGO battle with him and unless my eyes were playing tricks on me he had the King's Castle Siege (or it might have been the Tower Raid) on his table.

Saw Paranormal Activity today. Honestly, I don't see what the hype was about. It was predictable.

Like when Katie was possessed in the end and killed Micah downstairs. It was creepy, but not scary.

If you don't care about lots of languadge, like creepy but not scary movies, or you're bored, Paranormal Activity is a movie for you.

4/10.

Saw Paranormal Activity today. Honestly, I don't see what the hype was about. It was predictable.

Like when Katie was possessed in the end and killed Micah downstairs. It was creepy, but not scary.

If you don't care about lots of languadge, like creepy but not scary movies, or you're bored, Paranormal Activity is a movie for you.

4/10.

I saw that movie not to long ago and thought it was extremely stupid. It was actually pretty creepy but it seemed like one of those movies where the people making it where like "Oh crap! What are we going to do for the ending?" So they added some cheesy special effects to Katie and it didn't explain anything! :sadnew: On the otherhand I saw "Zombieland" for the third time yesterday! That movie never gets old! :laugh:

Edited by computerbug

watched The Fifth Element today... Leeloo *drools* :grin:

I decided today to watch Return of the King (my brother had it on DVD) and oh my God it was incredible. :oh:

And this is coming from someone who has hardly seen LOTR or cared for it. I don't even usually like trolls and dwarves and elves and things like that, but that was something else! No film ever made me want to cry before?? But this one did! It just felt as if everything mattered, and you really cared about the characters.

10/10 ULTRA RECOMMENDED.

May be a bit old but I watched Run, Fatboy Run last night.

Before that it was The Men Who Stare at Goats. It is 10/10,a really brilliant movie.

Watched the Burton version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory over the weekend. Wow, Mr. Wonka has sure increased his Ooma-Loompas' production values. Mental movie. Can't really say which is better, this or the original. They're both differently excellent.

I saw Kick A** over the weekend. I can safely say it earned it's R rating. I have never read the book so I have no idea how accurate it is. It was pretty violent. There is lots of language. Those aren't a problem for me, but if you just look at the previews there are only hints of these things. This is not a typical superhero movie. I think it was trying to be either a deconstructionist look at superheroes and the fact that you would have to have a few screw loose (and possibly not for the better, if it is possible for that to be for the better) to even consider becoming a superhero. Or it was meant to be a parody and illustrate that fighting violent criminals is bound to become a pretty bloody affair. Or maybe it was both. Any way you look at it, I found it entertaining. If you're into the darker side of comics or just want to see some graphic action, you'll probably like it.

My only complaint was the people sitting in front of me. The guy decided to slow clap about 5 times during the movie. The one where you take about 30 seconds to clap 4 times. His lady friend was a big fan of using net speak out loud (using the single word phrases "fail" and "win" make you sound ridiculous in real life) and felt the need to fist pump when two characters were commenting on the fact Paris Hilton is flat chested. They managed to remind me why I am apprehensive about watching movies in larger cities while simultaneously making me question how they can afford the $9+ ticket prices. On the plus side, she was large enough to act as a human wall and block out the fact someone two rows in front of her was texting through most of the movie. I sometimes wonder if it's natural at my relatively young age to be concerned about the future of civilization or if a movie going experience should make me consider things like that because of the audience and not any questions the movie raises.

"Identity" - It was pretty corny and predictable, at least to me. :sceptic: The idea behind it was kinda interesting, but it was just so poorly executed. If you feel like watching cheesy slasher movie with a predictable twist, and if you can watch it for free, go ahead. I wont stop you.

Or will I? :devil:

"The Secret Window" - Kind of similar to Identity, but at least it had that creepy Stephen King flair and Johnny Depp's good acting. Then again, it lacked the "excitement" of Identity and, instead, showed Depp taking naps and whining about his wife leaving him for about half the movie. If you're a fan of the two big names mentioned above, I can recommend it, but if not, you might want to pass this.

"The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie!" - Yes, that's right, that's the exact title of the movie. It's a straight-to-DVD movie of the Comedy Central series that's about to be released, and I got to see a premiere showing at the Anaheim Comic Con. It's about ten times as raunchy and offensive as the series. It even had a sex scene with Foxy and Toot and a chic from The Flintstones in 3D. Yeah, it's that bad. Some parts are kind of funny, but mostly it's garbage.

"The Batman/Superman Movie" - After so many bad movies, it felt good to watch some quality entertainment again. Very amusing movie! Mark Hamill is pure hilarity as the Joker of course, and it was pretty funny how Batman kept stealing the show from Superman (and his girlfriend)! And everything else about the movie was great too. I just looove BTAS! :cry_happy:

Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers

I liked the part that happens in Lego City but the Castle scenes on far off planets were too bizarre and also the graphics were not so good. In overall the idea is very good and I stay waiting for some sequel. Many LEGO products from recents sets were in display so it would be a good sales promoter though the sets were from not this year.

I finally watched Spirited Away a few days ago. What a beautiful film! Everything was so perfectly drawn, the colours, animation and details were excellent. And the story was also very good. I think I'm back into anime and manga again, because of this film. :tongue:

Yesterday I (also finally) watched Inglorious Basterds. Fantastic film, Tarantino is still very good in his usual style but it's something completely different though. I especially liked Christoph Waltz (Hans Landa). His expressions and knowledge of language were funny and impressive.

Just watched The Taking Of Pelham 123 on DVD, great movie

Last movie i saw in the cinema was kickass and i would recommend it to anyone who likes superheros, epicness and blood.

-Showaddy

'Hardware' a low budget 1988 post-apoc movie.

hardware_mk13_skull_schematics.jpg

I really enjoyed this movie, if you like mad max and terminator you should see this. :classic:

The Iron Giant. :cry_happy: I hadn't watched this movie in what? 8 years? It's so nostalgic, it all came back to me! :cry_happy:

It's such a cute film! If you haven't heard of it, it's an old-style animation from 1999, set during the Cold War, about a boy who meets a giant robot from space. Then this really annoying army inspector gets interested, and everyone gets paranoid that the robot is a weapon and is going to kill them all, when really it wants to help them. :classic:

I mean, "Guns kill. It's bad to kill, but it's not bad to die". Your not going to find a message like that in a kids film now. And it's actually really funny too! Did I mention Brad Bird directed it? :oh:

The annoying thing is the film didn't do well at the Box Office. I found it on Youtube though, highly recommended! :cry_happy:

Edited by FilmGirl27

The last full movie that I watch was "Secrets of the Mountain" it was a made for TV movie (for NBC). I guess it is supposed to be some sort of backdoor pilot to a series, but I do not see how that would work or last very long, after watching the movie.

'Hardware' a low budget 1988 post-apoc movie.

I really enjoyed this movie, if you like mad max and terminator you should see this. :classic:

It's a great movie, I've seen it several times. The first time was some very late night TV screening and I was very young back then. I like the fact that it features so many rock musicians - Iggy Pop, Lemmy and Carl McCoy. A very intense, dark movie.