EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Benders Big Score 8/10

My favourite of the futurama movies released so far, you have to watch it a few times to understand the whole paradox plot of it. My only problems is that because a fry doesn't get frozen it messes up my 3 favourite episodes ("Jurrasic bark" - the end :cry_sad: no longer will happen, "luck of the fryrish", and "the devils hands are idle plaything" where the ending is ignored). It still is a part of my futurama canon, but futurama ENDs on "don't stop playing fry, i want to hear how it ends"

The Water Horse

Actually when my sister rent this I think "She should rent something else, but whatever" but at the end I think well lets give a try to this movie and I end very pleasent :sweet: . The story is pretty good and the way it was told is pretty ingenious. I think the acting is fair mainly by part of August (The little boy) but the acting of his mother is pretty poorly in my opinion. The Water Horse is pretty well made and the effects are very good (Obiously not like the effects of Rots or Transformers :grin: ) also they gave him a charmy personality so everything was good. My only "con" is that I would have prefered another ending. Something more like this:

When August finished of telling his story, the young pair got out of the store. Then the teen told his girlfirend that he thinks the story isn

Edited by darkrebellion

Gran Torino

A really sad movie, with a really bittersweet ending. Some of the parts that were supposed to be funny weren't really funny to me, although seeing a 70 year old man beat a gangster's megablocks was hilarious. :laugh: Overall, an above average movie. :thumbup:

Gran Torino

A really sad movie, with a really bittersweet ending. Some of the parts that were supposed to be funny weren't really funny to me, although seeing a 70 year old man beat a gangster's megablocks was hilarious. :laugh: Overall, an above average movie. :thumbup:

Amen! I saw that movie yesterday - 90% of it was words you can't say on public television - but it was very good. The ending was a tad ironic (

He didn't even have a gun!

) but some parts of it were hilarious.

I also saw Apaloosa - a nice little western with a little bit of a small-town feel to it.

Serenity 8.8/10

A great finale to an excellent series that unfortunately was cancelled before its time.

Frost/Nixon - It truly deserved the nomination for best picture. The guy playing Nixon, Frank Langella, had his mannerisms down pat. 10/10

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, just finished it a little bit ago. One of my fav. Indy movies, the other being Last Crusade.

I watched Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift this weekend. It was pretty good, and had some good action. Sadly, Han dies :cry_sad: He was a really cool character too. At least he blew up :tongue:

Yesterday I watched ''Troy''.

And I must say it's one of the best movies ever.

-Great sound [especially the african touch]

-Great battles [best is the one from the beginning, Achilles vs. a big man]

-Beautiful girls [especially the wife from Paris]

So all in all a 'must watched' movie.

Rating: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: /5

Greetings 'bricks'

A Midnight Clear is a great movie! which has gotten way

too little attention. One of my favorites. :thumbup:

~Majek

Edited by Majek

Unbreakable. It was......interesting. I'm divided over it, it was a great examination of fictional tales of heroes and villains spanning comics, films and literature, but it was also very slooooow, and some bits were kind of off and unnecessary. Worth checking out though.

Of course it was directed by M. Night Shamalyan, and his films tend to be all over the place sometimes.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

The Unborn

Boy, that was crap. :laugh:

Very predictable, pretty annoying and an ending only a freaking FOOL wouldn't see flying in with lit sparklers jabbed all over it's body screaming, "HAY GUYZ, i'M DA' ENDING LOL!!!!11!!"

The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons.

It was actually pretty good, and not what I expected it to be. It was rather sad, especially at the end when he has

temporal displacement, or whatever you want to call it

. It was pretty long, though, about three hours (and it was based off of a short story!).

Southlander - Diary of a Desperate Musician

with Rory Cochrane, Beth Orton, Beck, Ross Harris....

This is an extremely low budget comedy about a guy who loses the greatest keyboard ever - "the '69 Molotron" - and then tries to track it down through Los Angeles classified ads. It's filled with a bunch of cameos and wacked out music video sequences, and makes me laugh every time. :thumbup:

Edited by Majek

Just watched 'to be or not to be' directed by mel brools. Hilarious movie, a must watch for all.

Just rewatched ROTS. It's a good film, but I feel that Anakin is much better as a hero like in the new Clone Wars cartoon. To tell you the truth, he annoys me more than jar-jar.

Watchmen - The Animated Version (I've been cramming for Friday. :wink: )

Very well done, essentially the comic book re-written and voiced over.

3 More Days!!!

A few weeks ago i went and saw "Push" with my parents. Wow. What a horrible movie. :sick::sick: Boring, and made no sence. :sad: I would have walked out and left, but my dad paid for the ticket, so i didn't want to be rude. At the end of the movie, he also agreed that it sucked. :P

A few days ago i saw "Street Fighter, Lengend of Chun-Li". Not bad. Not very street fighter like, but had really good fighting scences.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Saw Watchmen at lunchtime today. Not sure if I liked it or not. The production quality was there, I loved the book but it all seemed very joyless and it went on too long for a conversation based film.

Yesterday I saw Watchmen with a friend and I need to admit I simply love it :thumbup: !!!!!

The movie is really great done :thumbup: . The acting and the story were superb, especially Roshach (I don´t know if I spell his name correct :tongue: ) who was an awesome character in my opinion. The action scenes were very mature and the music was just great with the correct choices in every scene. Many people could consider this a bit complex due to all the "flashback" like storytelling but if anyone go into the movie will really enjoy it. Also many fans consider that the ending and the whole movie don´t make a lot of justice to the graphic novel but I recommend anyone that want to see it to have an open mind, we all know that most of the movies aren´t as great as the book/comic/novel but you must see the LIKE A MOVIE not the novel.

Overall and awesome film that for sure deserves the Blu-ray purchase from me and in my opinion the most mature and best superhero film ever made (Sorry for everyone that like TDK :tongue: ).

I saw Edward scissor hands last night. Actually not a bad movie :thumbup: I thought it was going to be more "horror" like but still a good film

Edited by hollisbrick