EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I watched The Batman yesterday March 4. Quite good movie, I think Robert Pattinson did a fairly good job as Bruce Wayne.

Edited by N-4K0

Finally watched Dune (new remake, never seen original) and I loved it. It's like StarWars for grown ups! :grin:

Morbius on April 1 and Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore last night.

Morbius was fairly good I think.

TSOD was good. Didn't see 1, only the very last part and read the plot. Saw 2 on Monday to prepare for 3.

I saw Dr. Strange (The Multiverse of Madness) yesterday. And I feel like ruining the last thing said in the movie... 

It's over, it's finely over. 

I recently watched 'Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts' and I'll try to describe my emotions in a few words, although it probably won't be possible in few words.

I can't say that I've always considered myself an ardent fan of Joan Rowling. Of course, like many people, I've read all the 'Boy Who Survived' books and watched the movies. Was it worth it to release an extra episode after all these years? Probably. But only with the direct (rather than archival footage) involvement of the creator of this universe.

Over the course of an hour and a half, the viewer is introduced to old familiar actors, but only much older/older, talking about how this wonderful world of magic was created. And at times it's really interesting, except that watching characters who talk so awkwardly or generally 'forget to mention' the one who created the world of Harry Potter is either silly or extremely hypocritical. And it's not just the insincerity that's felt. One gets a vague sense of the production (however punny it may sound in film format): the actors exaggeratedly exchange disarming smiles, climb into each other's arms and eagerly recall their failures in the 'company of old friends'. Sometimes there is only shame in what is happening.

And the quality of pitching can't fix this situation. If you invite and shoot an episode, then only all together, not those who have not comprehended the culture of cancellation (yet). Otherwise, it is better not to even try. This is just one more example of a trend that has gone too far.

I look forward to 'Avatar: The Way of Water'.

La la land, I'm not a fan of musicals but I liked it.

Edited by aadvik

"Atlantis - the Lost Empire" back-to-back with the sequel "Atlantis - Milo's Return" (man... we should've gotten the TV show they were working on. From what the writers said, it would've had a Gargoyles crossover! Apparently a live action version of the original film is also in the works, according to Wikipedia.)

Yesterday I watched the film "The Sting". (the fantastic early 1970's original, not the '80's sequel with 0% on Rotten Tomatoes!)

Just watched The Goonies

"Goonies never say die!"

(I hope they get the sequel off the ground in my lifetime!)

Watched The Banshees of Inisherin two days, ago, quite amazing movie, wonderfully acted with stunning cinematography.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. I liked it, but I'm sad that now a zillion people are going to grossly misunderstand the real Antikythera device.

Started watching Asteroid City, turned it off after 20 minutes. Terrible.

Last night at my dad's place I watched Event Horizon (1997). Never seen it and although the effects are somewhat dated due to it being a 26 year old movie, it was good.

The Sound of Music (watched it on Disney+)

Why? Because I was bored and had three hours to kill. Sadly, I'll have a few of the songs stuck in my head for some ungodly amount of time, which is why I don't usually watch musicals. (The Beatles Yellow Submarine is the exception to that rule!)

I just saw WONKA today, and have this to say:

If you've seen the 1971 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory film staring Gene Wilder and liked it, go see the new Wonka movie now. It's a fantastic prequel to the original film and features quite a few moments where you'll go "Wait a second!". I went with a friend today, and they were doubtful at first suggestion of seeing it. We came out of the theatre and she said it surprised her and that she really liked it. I know I generally despise derivative films (looking at you, SW sequels trilogy), but this one really made me smile.

Posted (edited)

I also saw Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, action but a much less interesting storyline than the first.

Edited by aadvik

Dune: Part Two on Wednesday.

A good continuation of the events of part one, spoken as someone who's never seen Dune (1984) og read the book it's based on.
It feels a bit slow in some parts, but overall a good movie and satisfying to see the conclusion to the events of part one.

'Where Eagles Dare'

It's celebrating it's 55th Anniversary this week, and if you like mystery, WWII, and / or espionage, this film's for you!