EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I got The Legend of Zelda (the animated series) and watched it today. For those that don't know it first aired after the first game but before the second one. So, their is a lot of lore missing if it would be made today. Not to mention the show was paired up with the Super Mario Bros. Show at the time. So on Fridays instead of a Mario being showed Zelda was on the agenda. The episodes were only 15 minutes long and a total of 13 episodes, so the total run time of the whole series is about 3 hours. 

For the plot the "Saturday morning cartoon" villain Gannon was always trying to get the Tri-force of Wisdom. But the show did suffer from poor writing. The main example is Link mostly being a goof half the time. Not to mention his annoying catchphrase "excuse me princess" or some variation of it, some times a couple times in a single episode. Plus, Link always asking Zelda for a kiss and never seemingly getting said kiss. Zelda was no damsel in distress half the time she was saving Link and the other half she was seemingly being mean towards Link. Probably the best part of the series is the sound effects / music, they use the same sounds from the game. It does give off a nostalgia vibe (at least to me). 

Watched the Count of Monte Cristo from 2002, turned out quite different from the book, and a lot shorter. I do prefer the book over the movie.

I finally got around to watching Kong: Skull Island.

It's the first in a franchise of films which was followed by Godzilla: King of the Monsters (which I actually saw first).

King Kong vs Godzilla is coming soon.

Rewatching a movie I haven't seen in a long time. Since I got the thing on DVD a couple of days ago, Robin Hood: Men in Tights (a Mel Brooks film). Like all of Brooks films it is packed with jokes (some of them might be outdated for today). But you will probably laugh a few times during the film. 

Saw Ad Astra over the weekend. Visually appealing but otherwise a bit shallow for me personally. Still with the current LEGO line up looking a lot like what is on film there the timing is great! You can make cowboy astronauts now just equip em with a nozzle piece and you are off to Ad Astra in LEGO form =)

Got round to seeing Joker. Really enjoyed this one. Lots of interpretation for the ending. I now really want an Arthur Flack Joker minifigure!

Terminator: Dark Fate

Pretty good and enjoyable movie. I consider it and good follow-up to The Terminator and T2.

Had this movie been made sooner after T2 when Linda Hamilton and Narlond Schwarzenegger were younger, perhaps instead of the T3 we have, I think it would have added to the goodness though.

The last movie I watched was alita battle angel it seemed to end oddly as if their was going to be a sequel no matter what. 

Grand Theft Auto. 

Nothing to do with the notorious game franchise, but a 1977 car caper, directed by and starring a young Ron Howard. When he and a girl elope in a Rolls Royce, it degenerates into a massive car chase, followed by a demolition derby. None of the cars involved survive!

Star Wars Episode IX. 3/5, not great, but better than the previous. Now it's all over, Thank The Maker.

I rented two movies today. The first one I watched was "Yesterday". It is a OK story for a else world or what if type of setting, with a love story in the background. 

The next movie I watched was "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood". For some reason I thought the focus would be on Mr. Rogers but it was more on Lloyd Vogel and how his dealing with Mr. Rogers change his out look on life. Plus at times you might wonder what is considered real and what might be a "dream", not that it happens more than twice. 

Last night I finally got around to watch Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quite a good movie, I regret not watching it before.

This might hardly be a spoiler after 6 years, but still:

Spoiler

The expression on Ronan's face when Quill starts dancing to distract him, is priceless :roflmao: 

I also enjoyed how Thanos gave no f**ks at all about Ronan's threats.
It wouldn't surprise me if he would have easily defeated Ronan, even when the latter had the Power stone.

Edited by N-4K0

The Last Days of Phil Hartman

I'm a big fan of NewsRadio and knew some of the details surrounding Hartman's death, but about 90% of the stuff in this documentary was new to me.

Maybe that counts more as a television doc/special, I dunno. I tried watching the movie Parasite last night but I just couldn't get into it and gave up after maybe 25 minutes. As for TV, I tried to watch The Office (UK) but again didn't get very far (I wasn't gaga over the US version of that show either, but I tolerated Carell's cringe better than what I saw of Gervais)

I did a strange thing today....I went to a movie! Saw The New Mutants, and was pleasantly surprised. 

Spoiler

At first I was bummed out with the lazy Lockheed puppet(why was he with Magick anyways)...but then he appeared & looked great. The Demon Bear was cool, and the villain was great as well....but the tease was so mean! Teasing Sinsitee & not even getting a glimpse, come on! It was an exciting watch, I actually liked how it all took place in one spot. It started a bit slow, but ramped up nicely