EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

Damn, they all weren't kidding were they? The praise this movie received was all TOTALLY WARRANTED!!! Beyond its stunning, novel animation, it had great character dynamics and an excellent story to boot! :thumbup: :oh3: thumbsupud.gif

Solo, which I suspected would be total dreck after all the behind the scenes drama and such, but was actually pretty good. I'd even watch it again sometime. Yesterday with the kiddos was Nutcracker and the Four Realms, which was enjoyable enough despite itself, and a few days ago my wife and I saw Robin Hood (2018) because we were in a mood to be entertained watching a crappy movie. It was crappy, but we were definitely entertained. Also, we were able to watch it free, and there was no way we were going to pay for that. :shrug_oh_well:

Just watched Captain Marvel last night!  It's entertaining but there are flaws as well.  I did enjoy it though.  Be sure to check out REVIEW.

Well I watched some more DVDs. Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom, I felt it was just average at best. I wonder if it was because the director was putting in some Dracula movie "reference" into the film. Then I watched Ralph Breaks the Internet, it was OK for a sequel. I kinda comes off as a part two of the first movie, you don't need to see the first movie but, you definitely would want to watch it to have a better idea what the back story for the two main characters. 

The Lego Movie 2. Honestly I have been a fan of all the Lego movies, even Ninjago to an extant. The style and comedy are just right up my aisle. But there was something so special and fun about this one. When I compare it to other animated movies it stands our sue to its creativity and the fact that is actually teaches lessons that we don't really get to see in movies to often. It saddens me that this movie did so poor while illumination will continue to pump out their mindless kids movies and make a billion dollars. Oh well. 9 maybe 10/10.

Captain Marvel...was a bit slow early on, but picked up nicely. I really liked it overall.

Another one that watched Captain Marvel (last night). I really do not see where all this so call hate came from, the movie really doesn't deserve any of it. Yes, it is an origin movie but it is really for two characters, the obvious Captain Marvel and the not so obvious Nick Furry origin. 

I am double posting here... 

I finally got around to watching "Spider-Verse" yesterday. And they put a lot of Easter Eggs in this film. Some of them obvious others not so much, after watching the DVD extras it make one wonder how many where put in the film altogether. 

I just finished moving, and am not even close to unpacked yet, but managed to get a temporary movie setup put together to watch some things that have been on my list.

Aquaman, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Haven't seen much of Jason Momoa before, and while I am not convinced he is a great actor, he has undeniable screen presence and charisma. The rest of the cast and the effects and the occasionally bonkers nature of the film was great, and it absolutely stuck the landing. At times it felt like a 90's action movie, and I mean that in a loving way. I might even choose to own this one.

Wreck it Ralph 2, which was overall good. A few laugh-out-loud gags here and there, and more than a few jokes that didn't quite land. I feel that in even a short time it will all feel pretty dated, but it was a fairly solid watch.

Edit: I also rewatched Hail, Caesar! this week, and I love that movie more with each watch. It's still far from a perfect movie, but there are so many nuanced bits I could watch it almost any time.

Edited by rodiziorobs

I watched Crimes of Grimwall (sp?) The other day. I think the biggest problem it had, it is obviously a middle of the story part. 

Checked out James Mangold's The Wolverine from 2013 and Logan from 2017 both for the first time these past two evenings. While The Wolverine wasn't bad, it just wasn't very impressionable; while Logan, on the other hand, surpassed its context as a mere X-Men movie to be much more than that. I can't say much more about the latter than what has already been said by many! :thumbup: :smug:

I saw Shazam! the other day. Overall I really liked it. The film got quite dark in some places but on the whole it was generally light hearted and fun. I thought both the Shazam actors and their “regular” versions were played really well. I felt like the humour was a it off in comparison to the trailers. There were some good gags. But a lot of them didn’t pay off.

Some of these are more like last week...

Shazam! I thought it was pretty good for an origin movie maybe better than the "other" Captain Marvel movie.

Then I rented Bumblebee. I felt the first five minutes might of been the best part of the movie. After that it seems to be like the rest of the Bayformers movie. Just clear one thing up it might be the best Bayformer movie to date. 

Then yesterday I rented "Stan & Ollie". If you are a Oliver and Hardy fan you might enjoy this story of their last tour together. It was an interesting take of what might of happen behind the scenes. 

I recently watched Spider-man Homecoming and Into the Spider-Verse.  Both were very good, the second was phenomenal.

And last night I watched The LEGO Movie 2.  It was very good.

I "wasted" my time and watched Endgame. I guess it is popular enough that my local theater add an extra show today. This next part is more of an possible Easter Egg... 

(I might spell some of the names wrong.) When Professor Hulk and Rocket first go to Thor's place to reruit him for the crazy plan, Korg (or the rock guy from Thor: Ragnarok) was playing an online game, a gamer by the name Mutant1991 (I am not sure the number is 100% correct) shows up. And then Thor threatened him to get off this game or he will fly to his mom's house and beat him up in the basement where he lives (because this guy is very rude). Now I am thinking this is a reference to Deadpool, because he is a mutant and he show up in the 90's and could be considered rude. 

Endgame three times, tonight in IMAX. I cried happy tears at all the same moments...