EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Mortal Engines; pretty nice visuals, I like the idea of cities on wheels going at war with eachother... Story was meh.

IO; what a borefest. The trailer looked good, the whole story just lacked action.

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

I'll spare you any extended and spoiler-y analysis by simply saying it was a worthy sequel.

It took me a few views to truly appreciate the first Lego movie, while I quite enjoyed this one right off the bat. While the "twist" isn't executed well, leading to some strange inconsistencies, the overall product has some great humor, some excellent easter eggs, and tackled the issue of maturing and changing quite well. 

After being somewhat let down by the Lego Batman movie, I'm happy to report this outing returns to build on the strengths of the original. 

Aquaman; Jason mamoa, cool actor... But the rest of the movie, just seemed like a bad halloween party; from the sets to the 'tron' inspired soundtrack.

Starting to watch the acclaimed movies from last year that I missed. Starting with Annihilation. Overall a good movie, with some good acting from the leads, a great atmosphere, and a great plot that leads to tons of speculation. Reminded me a lot of Under The Skin and Arivial. Even though I thought Natalie Portman was good some of the other actors were terrible, particular the other team members in the shimmer. The horror element was probably my favorite part and I wish there was more of it. I would rate it a 7.5/10. 

13 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

The 1989 Batman. Stil better than the Nolan ones in my opinion.

I have a hard time choosing this version and The Dark Knight, but I think 1989 takes the top spot as my favorite Batman movie. So unique, so fun, so nostalgic to me. Even though TDK was the film that was big when I was growing up. 

Well, I watched Once Upond a Deadpool. I was curious to see what the difference between this and Deadpool 2. You probably could tell OUaD was "made" for commercials reasons. I think D2 is the better version, not that OUaD so much worse it is just down a notch (or two). 

On 1/26/2019 at 11:31 PM, SteampunkDoc said:

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

I'll spare you any extended and spoiler-y analysis by simply saying it was a worthy sequel.

It took me a few views to truly appreciate the first Lego movie, while I quite enjoyed this one right off the bat. While the "twist" isn't executed well, leading to some strange inconsistencies, the overall product has some great humor, some excellent easter eggs, and tackled the issue of maturing and changing quite well. 

After being somewhat let down by the Lego Batman movie, I'm happy to report this outing returns to build on the strengths of the original. 

I did not like the first lego movie at first either, but after I re-watched it I think I am excited for the second one. I' glad to hear someone else felt the same way. Everyone I know loved it the first time around and I just couldn't really understand the hype. 

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

I thought that it was totally awesome, and a worthy sequel!  I would definitely be supportive of a third movie if it maintained this level of quality.  Hopefully the movie can perform well at the box office.

Andy Serkis' Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle and Bumblebee, last year's prequel/solo outing for the Transformers franchise.

It's hard to say whether I found Mowgli as a whole better or even comparable to Disney's 2016 remake of The Jungle Book, as they're said to be two very different approaches to their shared source material. Rather, it's easier to say which of the two handled different aspects, namely their approach in story and creature CGI. Personally, I prefered the more serious tone and storyline of Mowgli, even if its execution was a bit flawed; but, on the other hand, I did find the motion-capture face graphing for the animals to be somewhat off-putting, even though I have to somewhat admire them for trying something else for differentiation from Disney's 2016 remake. 

As for Bumblebee, that I surprisingly enjoyed! I loved its Iron Giant/Big Hero 6 dynamic between its titular character and main human lead, which has been nitpicked by some for following too closely to those cited examples, yet it didn't bug me nearly at all to be honest. Now, some who've seen all the prior Transformers films say it's kinda hard to judge if Bumblebee by itself is a good film, as they feel their opinion of it may be tainted by their experiences with those previous installments, thereby giving them a possibly biased, rosy-tinted view of the film in retrospect of its cinematic forebearers. I myself on the other hand, has only seen the first movie from 2007 once many years ago, so I found Bumblebee to be far above anything near mediocrity. :thumbup: :blush:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

The past three weeks: Raiders of the Lost ArkHairspraySpaceballs, and Ant-Man and the Wasp. I also started a Bond flick on Netflix but doubt I'll finish it.

I watched Into the Spider-verse, the animation in it is so innovative and great. Really want to watch TLM2 still!

I got around to see Venom. And I got to wonder what a R rating would of done with this movie, besides show more people get decapitated... But overall their was a Spawn movie vibe I got with this movie. I think mostly because Todd MacFarlane help create both characters. 

And then their is the bonus credit scenes.

The first one was just to set up a sequel with Woody Harrelson as Carnage. 

*huh* The second one and probably better of the two, is a set up (or an ad) of Into the Spider-verse. Witch was also an extra on the DVD that I rented.

Went to see Alita: Battle Angel.  IT was ok I just feel it has so much potential to be great but just tried to do too much and left the stronger parts feel underwhelmed.  Having said that, the visuals are stunning.  You can check out my non spoiler thoughts as well.

So last night's movie was "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", the last movie I saw in a theater was "The Lego 2 Movie: The Second Part". The Lego Movie 2 was not that good:(  

The Mule - Meh. I just found Clint Eastwood's character overall unlikable and unrelatable.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - (Netflix) Silly, but overall enjoyable with themes that the Cohen brothers tend to use. I really liked the cinematography

Anyone seen Glass?  I loved Unbreakable, and enjoyed Split, but Glass' ratings are pretty poor. I checked movie times, but showings have already stopped, so I'll have to wait till it's on Netflix or blu-ray and keep my expectations low.