EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Rewatched J.J. Abrams' Super 8 for the second time, and I found myself loving it even more than the first time I saw it. Surprisingly, even its ending didn't irk me me this time around. :thumbup: :blush:

Got a free Redbox rental, so my wife and I finally got around to watching Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and we had a blast with it. Very excited to see where the next movie goes with it.

Saw the Crimes of Grindewald yesterday, I might go and see it again, but at the moment my feelings are a little mixed, there’s some good moment but some bad moments and plot choices too.

Spoiler

I absolute loved the whole opening sequence with Grindewald’s escape, a good action piece to start the movie and set the stakes, I actually really Depp as Grindewald, he was a good mix of creepy and scary. Although the title of the film “Crimes of Grindewald” doesn’t make a whole lot of sense given he sits in a house for a large portion of the film, but regardless, he was a good villain.

I’d say my biggest criticism of the film is the whole Leta Lestrange/Yusuff/Half brother/ Half sister plot line, it was a little too convoluted and it somewhat undermined the final twist at the end. Does this mean Leta and the Dumbledore’s happen to be on the same ship? Is Credence still related to Yusuff or his he out of the picture now? One theory I did like regarding the ending is that Grindewald was talking too the Obscurus inside Credence when he said “brother” I.e. the idea that Credence somehow has Ariana Dumbledore’s Obscurus inside him.

Queenie’s story was interesting, I know a lot of people said it was out of character, and I can see why, but I also felt they were trying to show how persuasive and manipulative Grindewald was and how anyone could be turned into his follower. 

Then there’s Nagini, her character was good in this film and I’m excited to see where it goes, but I don’t think Nagini NEEDED to be in the film, as the whole “Maledictus curse that turns you into a snake” thing, was only brought up once, other than that she was just with Credence for the rest of the film. The film wasn’t overloaded with Fan service though, like Hogwarts was only featured when it needed to be featured and not just for the sake of it. And the first shot of hogwarts was amazing :wub_drool:. The same goes for Dumbledore. 

Grimdewald’s followers were okay, but not quite as memorable as Voldemort’s clan. Rosier is clearly meant to be the Bellatrix Lestrange of the series, but her character isn’t quite as charismatic, and there’s Krall, who Grimdewald disagrees with, making him an interesting character, only for him to die later in the film anyway. 

Edited by Tariq j

Saw Crimes of Grindelwald.

There’s a lot to unpack in this one, I’ll just leave it at that. It was amazing though. 

Like others above I watched Crimes Of Grindelwald. Worst Wizarding World movie overall, and I just had a big marathon before watching COG. I liked the acting and action in the film. In fact the action may be better then the first by a little. I also like how it introduces us to another way wizards work by having it set in France. As for what I don't like, I just feel this one felt very much of the same old stuff. Little new in terms of plot really. The film was also quite boring. Honestly a lot of the film I was thinking about what's happening with the Eurobricks Mafia game I'm participating in. It got better near the door but the middle just draged for me. Also I hate Tina and Newts relationship, it feels so forced it embarrassing. The Queenie/Jacob story is much better done. Overall not much to it, somewhat disappointed. I hope the next one connects it more to real life history. I would love to see one set in Berlin during the Nazi era. Many possibilities of how they could connect Grindelwald with that event. 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I liked it, I think better than JW1. I mean, its a big dumb action movie but it delivered on that without too many eye-roll moments :wink:

Watching it I discovered I have a love/hate thing with Chris Pratt. Either I like him/his character but dislike the movie, or like the movie but have a hard time with him in it. In JW2, I liked both.

Since it was made available for free on YouTube for Black Brick Friday, I rewatched The Lego Movie since I had nothing better to watch. :shrug_oh_well:

Spider-Man 3. I believe I've already stated how I have a soft spot for a certain kind of bad movie; this isn't one of those. all I can say is thank heavens for the Bruce Campbell cameo.

I recently saw the Christmas chronicles on Netflix - honestly it was a pretty good film and I want to see more of the elves

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, rodiziorobs said:

Incredibles 2. It was pretty good, but seemed more interested in the Jack-Jack antics than its actual plot.

I agree and really the villain reveal was so damn obvious truthfully the LEGO incredibles videogame was more enjoyable than it

Watched Netflix's Christmas Chronicles with my kids. Its a pretty by-the-numbers "plucky kids help Santa save Christmas and learn a few life lessons along the way" holiday movie, but I enjoyed it. Also: Kurt Russell Santa = Best Santa.

I also watched All the President's Men, which I had never seen. I didn't care for the gratuitous language, but thought the movie was really well done.

8 hours ago, Reaper said:

Mission impossible fallout. It was great!

Interestingly, the original Mission Impossible was the last movie I watched.  Forgot which ones I hadn't seen yet, so decided to start the whole thing at the beginning.

45 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Interestingly, the original Mission Impossible was the last movie I watched.  Forgot which ones I hadn't seen yet, so decided to start the whole thing at the beginning.

Interesting, I don't think I know which ones I have seen yet either, may I should start again too XD

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, a decent enough movie with plenty of "Easter Eggs" for any comic book fan. Even with a surprise legendary cameo (or two) for any comic book fan. 

I will say this about the end credit Easter Egg and the DVD, if the DVD preview didn't spoiled the end credit Easter Egg it would of been a nice surprise for the original Teen Titans... 

P.S. Right now I am rewatching The Peanuts Movie. 

Disney/Pixar's Coco from 2017, 2014's Paddington, and the latter's 2017 sequel.

As far as Pixar films go, Coco was a lovely little tale with a most gorgeous and creative setup that I both thoroughly enjoyed and admired. The Paddington movies, on the other hand, were not at all what I expecting, and I certainly don't mean that in a bad way! From my point of reference, I'd lightly compare them to the Stuart Little movies, though with a much more quirky, British flavor about them and good touch of Wes Anderson-isms sprinkled throughout. Plus, its sequel even triumphed its predecessor in more ways than one! :thumbup: :sweet:

Over the past few weeks I watched ¡3 Amigos!Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Thor: Ragnarok (all rewatches), and Mission Impossible: Fallout. I'd recommend all of them. I also watched The NeverEnding Story with my kids, first time for them but was a rewatch for me, but not really because it's been...25 years? since I saw it. If you're into cheesy 80's adventure movies for kids...well then you've probably already seen it.

I'm looking at going to see Mortal Engines this week in theaters, but I've also got some visiting family going on, so it might not happen.

Recently watched Thor Ragnarok and re-watched incredibles 2. Both awesome movies! Looking to go see Into the Spider-Verse here soon.

I recently watched some Marvel Netflix animated movies.  I watched Planet Hulk, which was fantastic.  I also watched Dr. Strange, but I didn't like it as much as Planet Hulk.  Both overall good movies, though.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It's an absolutely wonderful movie and the animation is breathtakingly unique and gorgeous. It's easily my favorite superhero movie and favorite animated movie of the past several years, and is currently my favorite movie of this year.

The entire thing is hilarious but I about fell out of my chair at the end credits scene.