EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

How was it?

It was good, worth the watch if you like this kind of movies.

I finally got around to watching Ant-Man and the Wasp. (It just got to the local theater.) For the movie it seems pretty typical for a Marvel movie, not bad not great. 

Saw Solo today.  Good, passable Star Wars movie.  Still glad I didn't spend any money to see it.  They got my money for Last Jedi, and I would have taken it back if I could have.

Rewatch of Thor: Ragnarok.  Still one of the best Marvel movies.  Love Korg, voiced by the movies director, Taika Waititi.   8.5/10

The Magnificent Seven (1960). I had never seen it, and was in the mood for a western.

Before that, I rewatched Black Panther for the first time since my initial theater viewing. My opinion hasn't changed.

1994's The Shadow with Alec Baldwin. Its dialogue is very cringe-worthy at times and its editing rather odd, but it is somewhat worth watching for its impressive production design.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Rian Johnson's Looper from 2012 with Joseph Levitt Gordon and Bruce Willis. Found it myself to be a fairly interesting, novel time travel yarn to say the very least.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Rian Johnson's Looper from 2012 with Joseph Levitt Gordon and Bruce Willis. Found it myself to be a fairly interesting, novel time travel yarn to say the very least.

That was a good movie.  Johnson's best.

Avengers: Infinity War

Pretty much went the way I expected, except for the ending. Didn't expect it to end the way it did.
Pretty good movie though.

Edited by Error404

Phil Lord and Chris Miller's Ron Howard's Solo: A Star Wars Story. 

Well, given the overall lackluster reception and performance of this installment, I suppose my expectations were set lower for this one compared to other Star Wars movies; but, I found that it wasn't as poor as I thought it'd be. Granted, I may have not cared for a couple of the supporting characters, and I couldn't really buy Ehrenreich as at least Ford's Han Solo, but it was, overall, a fair enough Star Wars flick.

The Emperor's New Groove. My wife and her friend both loved it from childhood, but I hadn't seen it, so we put it on. Thoroughly enjoyed it; I definitely like how drastically it broke Disney's usual mold to make what was outright a very entertaining farcical comedy. Wish Disney would do more movies like that again.

I went and saw Venom earlier today and it wasn't very good. It's much more watchable than all the non-Wonder Woman DCEU movies, and to be honest I was laughing throughout at least 90% of it. I have no clue how much of this movie was intended to be comedic... certainly Venom's dialogue with Tom Hardy's character was, but things like Woody Harrelson's atrocious wig in the post-credits scene I really doubt were supposed to illicit laughs from the audience.

I don't care what the official Sony story is, this was clearly shot as an R-rated movie and heavily cut down to a PG-13 late in the production. The reports of 40 minutes being missing are completely accurate, the actual length of the movie is 96 minutes without credits and as a result there's barely a second act. A director's cut of this movie with missing scenes re-added and some proper violence would be better but I don't think it would cross over into being good.

The Hitman's Bodyguard - Or as I like to think it could be called; The time Nick Fury and Deadpool teamed up to stop Commissioner Gordon. On a more serious note it had it's moments for comedy and / or action. You probably will not be disappointed if you watch this film. 

Venom. Story was weird, especially given it’s Eddie Venom(his story I know is from the 90’s cartoon). The plot of the story was the oddest bit, but up to that point I found it quite enjoyable. I know they had to fill in the hole that Parker’s omission left. The anticipation of finally seeing Venom in full was pretty great. Final fight was rad. 

Then....we get to the post credit scene...

CARNAGE! From the second the scene started & I saw San Quentin...a huge smile broke on my face as it had to be him. Then the mane of red hair...I was done. I am so ready for Carnage.

With that, this movie would even fared better with an R rating. Given what what credits scene revealed....I don’t see how the sequel couldn’t be. 

Marvel Studios' Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Like the first film, it was a simple, but fun little diversion from the typical grander-scaled MCU movie from which I did get quite a few good chuckles out of. :thumbup: :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Sat through Warcraft. Eh, it was alright. Nothing I'm going to leap up and watch again anytime soon, but it wasn't bad. I think the film's first twenty minutes could've benefited from a rewrite, as I initially had no clue what was going on. I managed to piece it together before the halfway point of the movie, but it was still jarring. Overall, it's not a film I'm going to recommend anytime soon, but it wasn't bad.