EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

Thoughts?

Well, put most simply, very quirky yet kinda fun. :shrug_oh_well:

I'll just say, this has been only the second Wes Anderson film I've seen so far, the other being The Darjeeling Limited. I've never taken any particular interest in watching many of his other films, but since I'd read Dahl's original book when I was younger, I decided to check out Anderson's take on it last night. 

Now, as I just said, even though I've only seen two of his films up onto this point, I still find this one "Honest Trailer" of his work very amusing... :laugh:

9 hours ago, x105Black said:

Thoughts?

That they were on lots of drugs when they made it. Or just completely mad

5 hours ago, Artanis I said:

That they were on lots of drugs when they made it. Or just completely mad

Can't it be both?

I love Wes Anderson films.  I have not seen that one yet, though.

Finally got around to watching Avengers: Infinity War for the first time last night.

Though I've enjoyed many of the previous installments in the MCU, I've never been that crazy about any of them in particular. Infinity War, on the other hand, I found to be pretty darn good, so much so that it stayed with me a bit longer than others movies in the franchise. I don't know, I guess perhaps it may have been that it was simply a darker, more dire story compared to others, as I do somewhat have more of a preference for that in a narrative. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

12 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Opinions?

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Finally got around to watching Avengers: Infinity War for the first time last night.

Though I've enjoyed many of the previous installments in the MCU, I've never been that crazy about any of them in particular. Infinity War, on the other hand, I found to be pretty darn good, so much so that it stayed with me a bit longer than others movies in the franchise. I don't know, I guess perhaps it may have been that it was simply a darker, more dire story compared to others, as I do somewhat have more of a preference for that in a narrative. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Happy to hear you liked it.  I think it's my favorite so far, I just love Thanos.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Opinions?

He is better than the first part in my opinion (I can not compare him with 2-5 because I have not seen them yet). He is a bit more clever and exciting than the first movie.

I finally got around to seeing John Wick 2.  Its hard to watch those type of movies with my kids around.  I liked the movie not as good as the first but still highly entertaining movie.  The action scenes are great.  

I watched two recent dark comedies this week, Game Night and What We Do in the Shadows. I would highly recommend both of them. I probably laughed more at the former but it was also twenty minutes longer so that may have been a significant factor.

My favourite movie of all time is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I watched it again after a year or two of not seeing it, and I forget how much I love it each time I watch.

The Last Jedi.

Loved it originally and after a year of people yelling at me that it's bad...I love it even more then before. 

The last movie I watched was Ready Player One. When I watched the trailer I got the impression that the hero loved the 80's in general. But when I watched the movie the hero seemed to only love the 80's because the Oasis creator grew up in the 80's. And everyone was looking for clues to the "MacGuffin device". 

In the past three weeks I've seen The Music ManThe Truman ShowHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Peter Rabbit. I've probably seen the last one about a dozen times, actually; my kids have been watching it almost non-stop since it dropped on Netflix.

Watched Disney's John Carter from 2012 last night, and found that it wasn't that half-bad. For what may of confused me or couldn't easily follow as far as it's storyline goes, most of that was pretty much made up for by its striking aesthetic which I really did appreciate. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

And what did you think?

Looking back in retrospect to its predecessor, I guess I did like it somewhat better than the first Jurassic World, for reasons I can't quite express at the moment. Granted, it's pretty apparent at this point that this trilogy is taking the same route as Disney's current sequel trilogy to Star Wars, with a sort of reinventive, homage-based reboot approach that I have somewhat mixed feelings about. :shrug_confused:

The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, which are pretty much two halves of one movie. They weren't as terrible as much of the Internet makes them out to be, and there are actually some great scenes in them, but neither of them is all that good.

Well I seen a documentary on Mr. Rogers called "Won't you be my neighbor?". It does remind me of another documentary that PBS played during it's last pledge run call "It is you I like." (If I am remembering the name right, that on had Michael Keaton hosting it.) The "neighbor" one could be considered a little more raw. It does bring up some of the rumors about Mr. Rogers (even if it might be a little short for my taste). And the "neighbor" documentary might have more behind the scenes of his show and life. Plus, I remember their was supposed to be a third film about Mr. Rogers with Tom Hanks involved. And I am wondering what is the deal about that (I guess I should look it up). 

Cowboys and Aliens from 2011 with Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, and Olivia Wilde.

For such a goofy premise, this film surprisingly makes it work out, and even sets aside a lot of time for side character development beyond the main characters' development. The only thing I think this movie could've used without is Olivia Wilde's character arc, as that ironically was the part I found rather silly. 

On 9/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, x105Black said:

Please, expand upon this.

It was a fair sequel, but a somewhat pointless one I felt. Besides missing J.J. Abrams' touch that he gave the prior two, it's rather annoying that they skip over a good chunk of the Enterprise's five year mission only to be focused upon Starfleet melodrama once again. I mean, come on, where's the space exploration? :def_shrug: