EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

The Greatest Showman.

It was pretty good, and generally watchable--thanks completely to Hugh Jackman's inexhaustible charisma--although never has a story felt so sanitized on screen.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

My review (in Dutch): https://www.starwarsawakens.nl/nieuws/anthology/solo/review-solo-a-star-wars-story/

My verdict: Don't expect a new Star Wars classic, but a fun and light summer movie which sticks more close to the swashbuckling SW origins than the other Disney movies. Still, it's a movie of wasted opportunities, lacks impressive sets but has 3 good actors (Woody, Glover, Clarke).

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Deadpool 2.

Really enjoyed this movie, I especially liked Cable.

Infinity War. I'll share more comments in the Marvel thread at some point, but I enjoyed it. I'm not sure it has the same replay value as my more favorite Marvel movies, but it was well made.

Well re-watched Deadpool on DVD. (I haven't watched it since it was in the theaters.) And I remember some extra bits that where in the theaters that didn't seem to make it into the DVD. One bit is you could see more of Vanessa when she first hooks up with Wade. The second bit is when Wade is burning down the lab you could see more of Wade during the fire fight. I kinda wonder why those two bits didn't make to the DVD...

After I re-watched the first one in preparation for the next one. I went to see Deadpool 2 in the theaters. I will say this it is the best James Bond parody I ever see (with time travel). 

Oscar, a '91 gangster-goes-straight comedy with Stallone and a stacked deck of supporting characters. I watched it a ton as a kid but its had been years since seeing it. I still give it a big :thumbup: today.

26 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Thoughts?

I thought it was good for what it was. Alden Ehrenreich does a good job as Han Solo, I think, different, but good in his way.

I didn't expect very much, but solid movie as it is.

23 hours ago, Error404 said:

I thought it was good for what it was. Alden Ehrenreich does a good job as Han Solo, I think, different, but good in his way.

I didn't expect very much, but solid movie as it is.

Definitely better than it had any right to be.

Watched Solo with my wife and kids.  My wife unexpectedly liked it.  Kids had a good time, liked all the action scenes.  I thought it came out better than I thought it would.  

Solo. 

Almost watched it solo as there were only about half a dozen of us in the theater. 

Not exactly a movie to be honest, but last night, I just finished watching the first season of Amazon's The Man in the High Castle. Quite recommended for those who haven't seen it, as it's a better miniseries then I had expected it to be. :thumbup:

I manged to find the time to see Solo in the cinema on Wednesday and I saw spiderman homecoming for the first time yesterday (which means I'm only one movie off of seeing all of the as of yet released mcu :grin:).

Spider was good but Solo was great, I loved the score too, especially Enfys Nest's theme.

Has anyone here watched Ocean's 8?

I've been reading comments on social media, and it seems this is the all-female Ghostbusters all over again

On 6/5/2018 at 12:32 AM, dr_spock said:

Solo. 

Almost watched it solo as there were only about half a dozen of us in the theater. 

That about how it was in my theater too. For some reason I figured there would be some more people. But everyone that wanted to see it already has, being the third week this is not a big surprise. I guess it is more of the theater being a smaller one (their is only about 100 seats). And I haven't been in this newer theater very much, this has been my third time. 

Now my thoughts on the movie, to me it was nothing special just an average Star Wars movie. Plus...

I don't remember colors in the holograms (except blue/white) what was up with that? Does the "Mafia" have better network connections?

11 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Saw Deadpool 2 on my honeymoon. Wife and I loved it!

Congratulations!

On 6/8/2018 at 7:10 PM, Agent Kallus said:

I saw spiderman homecoming for the first time yesterday (which means I'm only one movie off of seeing all of the as of yet released mcu :grin:).

I finally watched black panther, it was good. :thumbup: (which means I've seen the entirety of the as of yet released mcu *oh2*).