EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I saw The Shape of Water last week. That was... different. Going to see The Dark Crystal next week.

Black Panther: best marvel movie ever, was easy to relate to the hero and the villain... I may be bias but this was the first time I really cared about a bad guy in a marvel film.

Baby Driver. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen from the past few years, I really need to check out Edgar Wright's other filmography... it should absolutely win the Oscar for Best Film Editing, by the way, this thing is brilliantly put together.

I just watched Wreck-It-Ralph for the first time a few days ago on ABC. It was amazing! I loved all the video game references peppered throughout the movie!

the Lego Ninjago movie. Just love the way they do those animations, but mostly the details; fingerprints, scratches, hairs & offcourse I pause it to see something I spotted in the background.:laugh:

Got around to watching Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns. There's still a bunch of Studio Ghibli films I need to see, but I'm glad to scratch another two off the list.

The Cat Returns was cute, breezy, and didn't stay around any longer than it needed to. It was also surprisingly short, at a mere 75 minutes. The visuals were immensely fun, the action first rate, and the slapstick top notch. All in all, a perfectly fine, charming little film.

Whisper of the Heart was awesome. I'm more used to Ghibli's more fantastical films, so watching them do something more grounded like a coming of age story set to the backdrop of your average Japanese high school was eye-catching, and from there the films endearing characters and stunning animation steal the scenes. Ghibli always did stellar work during their backgrounds, and their urban city and skies never looked so good. Scenes of cars screeching to a halt or swerving out of the way as characters rush across the street with reckless abandon are full of charm and energy. The film ends a little abruptly, but looking back, I really love the ending to Whisper of the Heart. I love the movie in general. Give it a watch if you've never seen it.

LEGO Ninjago Movie! Me and my girlfriend watched it together and after it the sets just made sense/they clicked. At first i didn't want the sets from the movie, i thought they were good builds but i didn't love them
Now that's changed a bit! I ordered the Green Ninja Mech Dragon (70612) after seeing it on display, god that thing looks awesome!

Black Panther, loved it!
Michael B. Jordan was the best thing in that movie. Very very good Marvel movie.

I saw The Dark Crystal last night in its 4K format. Such an enjoyable movie and the technology is still amazing.

8 hours ago, KotZ said:

I saw The Dark Crystal last night in its 4K format. Such an enjoyable movie and the technology is still amazing.

That's awesome.  I would have loved to see it, but the scheduling didn't work out right for me.  Too limited.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:25 PM, Kintobor said:

Got around to watching Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns. There's still a bunch of Studio Ghibli films I need to see, but I'm glad to scratch another two off the list.

The Cat Returns was cute, breezy, and didn't stay around any longer than it needed to. It was also surprisingly short, at a mere 75 minutes. The visuals were immensely fun, the action first rate, and the slapstick top notch. All in all, a perfectly fine, charming little film.

Whisper of the Heart was awesome. I'm more used to Ghibli's more fantastical films, so watching them do something more grounded like a coming of age story set to the backdrop of your average Japanese high school was eye-catching, and from there the films endearing characters and stunning animation steal the scenes. Ghibli always did stellar work during their backgrounds, and their urban city and skies never looked so good. Scenes of cars screeching to a halt or swerving out of the way as characters rush across the street with reckless abandon are full of charm and energy. The film ends a little abruptly, but looking back, I really love the ending to Whisper of the Heart. I love the movie in general. Give it a watch if you've never seen it.

I still have about 15 Ghibli movies to watch, including those you mentioned, but tonight I watched The Tale of The Princess Kaguya.  What a fantastic, beautiful, moving movie.  It's 2 hours 10 minutes, and worth every second.  While I generally consider Ghibli movies to be art more than most other films, this was fine art.  Definitely watch if you haven't yet.  I'm looking forward to watching it again in the future.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Once crazy deep and emotional movie. Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell shone, but Francis McDormand was just an amazing force of nature. 100/10!

‎I´ve watched "La Grande vadrouille" with Louis de Funès and Bourvil. In my opinion one of the best Louis-de-Funès-movies.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Finally saw Coco. Very impressed, Pixar has done it again! A lot of twists that I didn't see coming, and gorgeous visuals to go along with them. One of their finest, it deserved its wins last night at the Oscars.