EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Last 3 movies I saw were...

1. Thor: Ragnarok

2. Blade Runner 2049

3. Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

I liked them in that same order.

The Lego Ninjago Movie and Kong: Skull Island.

Actually, watching the Ninjago movie was sad, because it seemed like it could have been a great movie, but instead fell victim to heavy rewriting and editing. The film just could have been an awesome homage to Japanese cinema, if it weren't for its clobbered end result. What's really sad actually, is that my favorite parts of the film were its vintage, Toho styled opening credits, and its instruction manual styled end credits. :sad:

Kong: Skull Island on the other hand, wasn't a bad film, I just didn't like Kong's monolithic, godlike portrayal in this movie, as he didn't get much screen time let alone any character development unlike Peter Jackson's Kong. And, for all the complaints about the run time of Peter Jackson's King Kong, at least it felt more like an epic, as opposed to an unforgettably quick action flick that Skull Island was.

Blade Runner 2049

Spoiler

I expected so much more from it to be honest... Kind of a dissapointment really. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by -zenn

The last movie I watched for 2017 was Batman vs. Two-Face. (I think it was Adam West last project. I wonder if they will continue with this version of the Batman.) 

Then the first movie I watched for 2018 is LEGO Ninjago: the movie. To me it was just Jackie Chan telling a Ninjago story. (Not that I seen a lot of the regular show to know any better.) 

Watched Sicario on Netflix this afternoon - I don't know how I missed this movie coming out in 2015.

I saw 

1. Jumanji return to the jungle - soooo funny. Almost as good as the original, if not better. 

2. Metro (random action movie about a negotiator) surprisingly good, not great though. 

3. STAR WARS the Last Jedi. 

42. It was great except Harrison Ford, who seemed to think the movie was all about him.

Moana. Never had seen it although my kids have repeatedly watched it--and sing the songs all the time (not that I mind--it beats Let it Go).

The Shape of Water from Guillermo del Toro

Absolutely loved the film, maybe one of the best of the year. Like Guillermo del Toro I am in love with the old school monster movies especially the Creature from the Black Lagoon, from which this film clearly took inspiration.

I especially love the cold war- early 60s military/government vibe.   

The last couple movies I watched where. Sherlock Holmes with "Iron Man" and Sherlock Homes: Game of Shadows (with "Iron Man" again). Plus Fantastic 4 with "Captain America" and Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (with "Captain America" again). 

2016's The Legend of Tarzan.

Not a bad film to be honest, I kind of liked it. But it did feel like it rushed through some of its critical moments, even the entire climax of the movie. With probably many recent movies, I suspect that the studios end up making a lot of editing cuts to its runtime for brevity, making the movie feel rather incomplete and half baked as a result. In conclusion, I think the movie was brilliant in its concept, flawed and incomplete in its execution. (C+)

As for other stuff, I also recently rewatched War for the Planet of the Apes (A+), Pacific Rim (A-), and Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire (B+).