EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Blade Runner 2049 - Don't be put off by the long run time! It's a worthy sequel (although you don't need to watch the original to enjoy it), visually stunning & never boring.

Unlike The Lego Ninjago Movie which was utterly tedious.

55 minutes ago, Praiter Yed said:

There were some moments I laughed but it didn't do a whole lot for me either.

POTC 5.

It was a mix of brilliant over-the-top comic action and dull heavy-handed comic action, but overall, worth a watch with a free rental. I may leave some longer thoughts about it in that thread later on.

Austenland.

This was to make it fair to my wife, since it was me that chose Pirates. Remarkably, I could write almost the same thing about it as POTC 5, subbing the word "romance" for "action".

Deathgasm 

............just don't, wow what a movie. Decent acting for a smaller production company though, not incredible or enticing but the lead is cool enough. 

Edited by Forresto

On 16/10/2017 at 10:32 AM, Praiter Yed said:

Blade Runner 2049 - Don't be put off by the long run time! It's a worthy sequel (although you don't need to watch the original to enjoy it), visually stunning & never boring.

I really liked Blade Runner too, it's even better in some ways than the original. 

Thor & Dark World in preparation for Ragnarok. Man, Hemsworth’s beard in the first one bothered me for some reason. It looked like it was a bad CGI job. I’m reality, it was just a bad dye job I guess. It certainly didn’t age well. 

It also made me bummed quite a bit on the lack of minifigs from that realm. Odin, Lady Sif, & the Warriors Three...come on!

Watched Blade Runner 2049 a couple of weeks back.

My fiancé wanted to watch How to Train Your Dragon, which I hadn't seen before.

And yesterday I watched Suicide Squad for what was the fourth time (although the first time I watched the extended cut). Yeah, I know it's a dumpster fire, but it's just so good at being a dumpster fire, and I love it.

Recently, I've watched Spielberg's The Adventures of Tintin (2011), the Planet of the Apes reboot trilogy, and Disney Pixar's Up.

I decided to watch Tintin after reading a interesting comment made by EB user @1974 last year on this topic, saying that the license was pursued by TLG some time before Lego had acquired the Star Wars license. As opposed to reading the books, I watched the film adaptation instead which was quite a fun movie, with some beautiful motion capture animation. It was also fun that both Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis both starred in it together, since they also were both in Peter Jackson's 2005 remake of King Kong which I saw in theaters back when I was ten. Probably my only complaint about Tintin was its sudden, lackluster ending, but I haven't read any of the books, so I'm probably not one to judge.

Since I particularly liked Andy Serkis' portrayal of Haddock in the movie, I then decided to watch the Planet of the Apes reboot trilogy for a few nights in a row, which were all excellent in their own way. Serkis' portrayal of Caesar is simply amazing, and cool to see since he did also act and motion capture Kong in Jackson's 2005 reboot, so the trilogy held a bit of nostalgia for me in that respect.

Now actually, the primary reason I decided to watch Up was because it had an airship in. Though it was a good movie, I thought it would be a much more grand adventure, and it somewhat seemed to go by fast. But, it was supposed to be a simple tale for a simple message.

Thor: Ragnorak and Justice League. Thor was an entertaining watch. Justice League was ok. Didn't set high expectations for it.