EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I just rewatched Star Wars: The Force Awakens again the other night. Despite the criticisms some people had with it, I find that it's still a very enjoyable movie and I can't wait for The Last Jedi in December. 

Rewatched Rogue One with my girlfriend; she hadn't seen it before. She hasn't seen any of them prior (I'm waiting until I can get ahold of my parent's copies of the original trilogy, which they have prior to any of the changes Lucas made later, so she can see the real deal), so I figured it would be interesting for her to go into A New Hope with the context of Rogue One's supplementary story. If this is just too much sacrilege for anyone on here, feel free to yell at me below. :grin:

Prior to that, went and saw Dunkirk while it was still in theaters. Glad I caught it on the big screen. And wow was that intense.

A fantastic sci-fi short film called Seam on youtube. It's a shame it's only ~20 min long, it deserves to be full-length. It's more like a teaser for a full movie, since it leaves a lot of questions unanswered...but you would love to see more to find out what those answers were.

Edited by rodiziorobs

It. Excellent horror film, easily one of the best of the year and a new personal favorite. People have complainrd about terrible CGI buy I barely noticed it so it didnt bother me.

LEGO Ninjago Movie. Another fun & great outing. The same humor we expect & a fantastic use of real world items. 

Sadly...no Dareth...the best Ninja ever.

Just went and saw IT with an old buddy of mine yesterday. I definitely agree with the previous posts about IT; very well made, never had any issue with the special effects. I know some people still love the 1990 tv version, but I looked back at a few scenes online afterwords, and it definitely hasn't aged well; the new one is most definitely the better horror movie of the two.

Joined everyone else in seeing Ninjago. Pretty decent, although the intro was pointless and raised far too many questions for the logistics, and the connected outro just sort of cut off things abruptly. Otherwise enjoyed it thoroughly.

With school, and binging various TV shows on Amazon Prime, I haven't watched a whole lot in the past 2 and a half months, but here's what I did see for the first time...

Beauty and the Beast (2017). Couldn't stand this, honestly, it's a dramatically inferior and stupidly longer version of the first one.

Dunkirk. Outstanding, one of my favorites of the year thus far.

Logan Lucky, a little movie Steven Soderbergh came out with last month... it's a heist movie, described in the film itself as "Ocean's 7/11" but the best reason to watch it is Daniel Craig's performance as a demolition man named Joe Bang. It's really very funny.

The Fate of the Furious, same old amusing garbage that series always is

A Monster Calls, really emotional movie about a boy coming to terms with the fact that his mother is about to die of cancer. Featuring Liam Neeson as a tree and some truly breathtaking animated sequences. It's amazing, but requires ice cream after watching.

Passengers, which works better as an exercise in finding ways that same story could have been told way better than as an actual movie to watch.

The BFG: the worst Spielberg movie I've ever seen, I thought it was unremarkable and frequently boring with shoddy visual effects.

Winter's Tale is an enchantingly terrible movie by the screenwriter of Batman and Robin. Great fun to watch with some friends and stare in awe as to how strange the story is and how silly Russell Crowe's Irish accent is.

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl is straight garbage I watched with a 7-year old, it's not without merit on a "so bad it's good" basis though.

Titan AE is a mediocre animated sci-fi movie I've honestly forgotten about even a month after seeing it

Space Jam is also terrible, I'm not a 90's kid so I have no nostalgia for it and my God has it aged terribly. 

Blade Runner: The Director's Cut just in time for the sequel. Excellent cyberpunk sci-fi, maybe the first big movie of that particular sub-genre.

I'd really highly recommend watching Dunkirk, Blade Runner, and A Monster Calls.

2 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Independence Day: Resurgence   

I give it 5 MegaBloks.

Wait is that good or bad? :sceptic: 

I just watched "Marvel's Inhumans". For some reason I got a "Game of Thrones" vibe from the show. And I never seen an episode of GoT. 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:40 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Wait is that good or bad? :sceptic: 

I just watched "Marvel's Inhumans". For some reason I got a "Game of Thrones" vibe from the show. And I never seen an episode of GoT. 

This is a LEGO fan site.  Thus Megabloks would be considered bad.  :wink:

The first Independence Day was way much better than this one.

Well I got around to watching Transformers: The Last Knight. And As I was watching it, I occasionally thought "This is stupid". Plus I didn't care if anyone survived. Especially when you see Bumblebee get ripped into pieces and he just reassemble him self. I won't get into the same old problems these movies have (I am guessing you heard them before). 

7 hours ago, dr_spock said:

This is a LEGO fan site.  Thus Megabloks would be considered bad.  :wink:

The first Independence Day was way much better than this one.

We can't like both?  (Lego and Mega Construx, I mean, not both Independence Day movies!)

Indiana Jones, the aliens one.

I hadn't seen it since it first released in theaters, and while watching it I thought, "this isn't so bad, really".

And it isn't, until about 2/3 through, and then it's absolute crap. The effects become painfully obvious, the dialog Lucasesque, the acting ham-fisted, the screenplay idiotic, and the story indescribable. But the first 2/3 is almost a good movie, nuclear fridge notwithstanding.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:26 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

Joined everyone else in seeing Ninjago. Pretty decent, although the intro was pointless and raised far too many questions for the logistics, and the connected outro just sort of cut off things abruptly. Otherwise enjoyed it thoroughly.

It was kinda odd. Now that you mentioned the real world aspect, I realize that Batman never had it, I wonder why?

Edited by Vindicare

On 10/6/2017 at 10:19 PM, Vindicare said:

It was kinda odd. Now that you mentioned the real world aspect, I realize that Batman never had it, I wonder why?

My guess is Jackie Chan's contract requirements, or at least fear of not using a famous actor's face?