EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Fantastic Four earlier & Dragonball Z Resurrection of F tonight. Former was pretty good, the latter was amazing.

ended up showing my girl Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels the other day in preparation for Guy Ritchie's newest film The Man From U.N.C.L.E. somehow I had never shown them to her before so it was time for the tiniest of marathons.. it was a splendid evening full of bare knuckle boxing,

dags, caravans, diamonds, high-stakes poker, muskets, and general thuggish shenanigans. can't wait to see his newest film this weekend..

|Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

Among a couple of other movies I saw today, I finally saw The LEGO Movie.

Very funny; my favorite line is "the walls are crying!"

I was a bit put off about what I felt was a jab at AFOLs, but all in all it was really quite good.

Just finished watching The Last Crusade, it's one of those films which is just a classic.

By the way, has anyone seen that film pixels? I've seen mixed reviews about it and was wondering whether anyone here would recommend it.

By the way, has anyone seen that film pixels? I've seen mixed reviews about it and was wondering whether anyone here would recommend it.

From what I've heard, it's not worth it. Maybe if you're really into those old video games, but the story is supposed to be absurd and bland. :sceptic:

I saw The Man from U.N.C.L.E. earlier today. I thought it was very well done, even if it is a typical spy film. It's witty, has great music, and beautiful cinematography. :thumbup:

From what I've heard, it's not worth it. Maybe if you're really into those old video games, but the story is supposed to be absurd and bland. :sceptic:

Thanks for the reply, Can't say I'm a massive fan of those retro games so I guess it's a pass for me.

I watched some of the Doctor who movie today, definitely an all round excellent film. Only makes me more hyped for the next series.

Disney's The Little Mermaid with the family. I had never seen it before (it was released when I was way in my teens) and I have to say I liked it.

Disney's The Little Mermaid with the family. I had never seen it before (it was released when I was way in my teens) and I have to say I liked it.

Moral of the original story: be happy with what you have, and don't do deals with the devil.

Moral of the Disney version: if you are pretty you can have everything you want, and life is a really fun sing-song.

Moral of the original story: be happy with what you have, and don't do deals with the devil.

Moral of the Disney version: if you are pretty you can have everything you want, and life is a really fun sing-song.

Disney has always made the stories of Brothers Grimm kid friendly, I see no problem with that. It made kids like me enjoy those stories so that they will discover and appreciate the original stories later on.

Recently I watched Man From UNCLE and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

Of the spy movies, UNCLE was funnier Mission Impossible was more action packed.

Mission Impossible could've been more darker though.

I also watched Southpaw a couple of weeks ago and I thought that was terrific :thumbup:

Disney has always made the stories of Brothers Grimm kid friendly, I see no problem with that. It made kids like me enjoy those stories so that they will discover and appreciate the original stories later on.

It's a different approach, yes, I'm not saying either is better or worse (but I do have my suspicions :look: ). The Little Mermaid was Hans Christian Anderson by the way. We are on a Danish toy website, you should be ashamed! :laugh:

In the original story the Sea Witch wasn't evil, she was neutral

I watched Inside Out yesterday, it's funny because Pixar did one of their short films about a singing volcano, now I didn't realise this at first so I was thinking to myself during the short film, How the heck does this have anything to do with the emotions!?

Pride, about the rise of LGSM. Hilarious movie, defiantly recommend to anyone who is interested in politics of the Thatcher period and history in general.

I just watched some dumb horror flick called "The Town that Dreaded Sundown." It can safely be missed.

Which version ? There are 2 of them.

Edited by Frozen Assasin

I watched this for the first time. Now I know why the DVD was deeply discounted and also those LR LEGO sets. :laugh:

loneranger.jpg

I actually thought the Lone Ranger was a good film, with a ton of cool scenes with trains.... though I may be biased because I love trains! The flashback point of view from the 1930's was a bit annoying though...

The trains were nice to look at. I also enjoyed building the LR Constitution Chase Train set. :classic:

Watched the Hobbit. It took 3 evenings.

Binge watched the whole Harry Potter saga in three days. It was certainly an enjoyable ride! I remember seeing the first 3 in theaters, oh how the time flies.

As for recent(ish) movies I rented the new Spongebob Movie for nostalgia sake. I got a few laughs out of it.

Eyes wide shut. It was... interesting. And confusing. Not one for me.

Kingsman. Definitely the best Spy Movie of the year. Can't go wrong with Matthew Vaughn. :wub:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

What a bad movie..

Agreed, it is probably the most bastardized in the whole series. Hell I think the "Lone Ranger" was better than that and it was not that great.

For the last movie (I saw). I re-watched "Malcolm X" it was on TV the other day. If you have the time it is worth a viewing (if you have not seen it yet, it is three and a half hours long, four if you include the commercials).