EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I went and saw a double feature at the nearish drive in by me that was showing Maleficent and 22 Jump Street (mainly I wanted to see 22 Jump Street again :grin:). Maleficent was okay I guess. Until they brought in Sleeping Beauty herself it seemed very boring to me. :sceptic: It got better after that, and eventually became an enjoyable watch. Nothing I need to see again, but it was decent nonetheless.

Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children. It's a CGI movie with spectacular visuals, and the Aerith story still draws a tear all these years later.

Into the Wild. A tragic true story, with amazing performances from all the actors, and beautiful photography.

Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children. It's a CGI movie with spectacular visuals, and the Aerith story still draws a tear all these years later.

I never played the games and didn't understand that movie from about halfway onward. I did like The Spirits Within. Funny, because a friend hated that one and loved Advent Children. He is a comic book & super hero junkie though.

Pretty sure it's still How to Train Your Dragon 2, which I thought was a really cute movie a lot of detail was put into (like, all the dragons interacting in their own ways with one another in the background when characters were speaking).

The Purge. Overall it was a pretty good movie. Interesting, twisted premise. But, man oh man! was that family frustrating the crap out of me the whole movie! :tongue: They needed to spend their money wiser and be better prepared.

Rewatched Batman: Mask of Phantasm the other day along with Batman & Mr Freeze: Subzero. Both were great films, and Mask of Phantasm remains one of my favorite movies I've seen. Definitely worth a watch if you have any interest in Batman. :thumbup:

Disney's Alice In Wonderland. Definitely one of the most musical of all Disney musicals, even if the vast majority of the songs in it are actually very short. This is a bundle of craziness, bouncing from one bonkers fantasy to another at a surprising rate. Still a very good film though, as is to be expected from Disney (particularly that early Disney when Walt was still alive).

October Sky. Very good biography film. Grade: A-

The Shawshank Redemption. One of the best films ever made. Grade: A

Iron Man: Great comic book film. Grade: A

I just watch "The LEGO Movie" on DVD. I do not think I like the live action part too much it throws the film off. I think it makes the movie to meda(sp?). But, I get why some people might like it.

Just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in 3D, it was fantastic and much better than the first one (even though the first one was excellent), I cannot recommend how much awesomeness this film has, I rate it 10/10 :classic:

The Lego Movie was released in the UK today so I've just watched it in 3D on the projector with the kids.

I never played the games and didn't understand that movie from about halfway onward.

Wow, I'm impressed you made it that far. Definitely one made for fans of the video game.

Watched:

The bonfire of the vanities. Excellent opening shot, a truly fantastic performance by Tom Hanks, Great supporting performances all round, and a wonderful soliloquy on bond trading from Kim Cattrall. And yet, the Bruce Willis frame story and the predestined plot didn't really work for me even though I loved the premise. The big French bond loss scene was nonsense, nobody loses 100% on French sovereigns. 6/10

The Zero Theorem. Felt very much like a remake of Brazil. A very entertaining film with spectacular visuals, superb central performances, and a deep plot about the meaning of modern life. I really liked this, much more than any Gilliam film since Munchausen. 10/10

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Entertaining chase flick/ military-industrial recruitment ad. Chris Pine was engaging, the latter third of it depended on entirely improbable and implausible leaps of analysis. 5/10

I Frankenstein. Aaron Eckhart frolicking around with lots of make up on again. A worthy successor to the Underworld films, ultimately quite forgettable but looked good. 5/10

Total recall remake. Pretty good, maybe even better than the original in terms of the staging and characters. Great cast with Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale and Colin Farell. The economic side and clone army plot was totally nonsensical though. 6.5/10

Just saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, then went home and watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I think I'll have to wach The Planet of the Apes again.

I just saw Boyhood yesterday! What a remarkable film. I imagine everybody will get something different from it, whether you're young, in college, a parent. I can easily reccomend it to anyone.

My last movie was Xmen : Days of Future Past. I loved it and plan to purchase it when it comes out.

Disney's The Black Cauldron. Don't see why this receives such harsh criticism. It's pretty good, though surprisingly dark for Disney, and even vaguely Tolkien-esque in places.

Then I went to see Transformers: Age of Extinction at the cinema. Very entertaining, intense, edge-of-your-seat kind of stuff. Lots of fun with this one.

Disney's The Black Cauldron. Don't see why this receives such harsh criticism. It's pretty good, though surprisingly dark for Disney, and even vaguely Tolkien-esque in places.

Yes, it's a refreshing change from a lot of the same-old Disney animated movies. I haven't yet read the original Welsh story to know how much it was changed, but it seems to me that it was a lot less than other "happily-ever-afters" were.

I was rewatching the "Police Academy" Movies.

Then I watch "Space Jam" on TV, for a "looney tunes" movie it seem more like a Michael Jordan movie to me.