EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

*Potential Spoilers*

I recently saw spiderman 3 in a cheap theater and I'm glad I stuck it out. ;-) IMO, the movie was sloppily put together, had too many character's and side-plots to give each of them the attention they deserved, music bits that didn't jive with the scenes they were in, and many unnecessary scenes that did nothing to propel the plot of the movie forward.

Many of the scenes were also too much for me to handle, and I teared up with laughter. (The whole dance routine, peter parker's trigger fingers, Harry's wink of betrayal {the funniest scene, by the way}, and a few other scenes that I might have forgotten.

Really, I think this film could've been a lot better if the script had focused on the sandman and harry as the main villains, while introducing the symbiote during the final part of the film (maybe after the finale). This would've also given the eddie brok character more time to develop and as a consequence, more time for venom to do his "thing" in the fourth installment.

I was very disappointed by how underused the sandman was. Somehow they had managed to develop an endearing villain and they wasted him. (Although, there's a chance he'll reappear.)

The whole situation involving Gwen Stacy just seemed ridiculous. Spiderman is already engaged to a woman he "loves" and he decides it's ok to kiss a woman he hardly knows in front of New York (even if it's just a publicity stunt). Silly stuff, man.

As for the unnecessary scenes: stuff like pete taking a shower for five seconds, or looking in a mirror and drawing his hair down in front of his face.

2/5 stars

I will probably never see Spiderman 3, but I hope to see PotC 3. I just saw The Producers. It's an old movie, but its got it where it counts. A hilarious comedy, and the LSD sequence is just insane. He can't remember his own name. 'Oh yeah, Lorenzo baby! Lorenzo St. Dubois! But my friends call me LSD.' 'What have you done?' 'Oh man, I only did six months, but I'm on probation, I'm clean now!' :-D

I saw the Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer yesterday evening. I must say it was good, but not that much story... The effects were great, but the movie in its whole was too short (Only about 90 minutes).

-Aredhel

Rush Hour 3. I like their childish dialog and the action. And they rampage Paris X-D!

Friday is premiere for F4 (Aredhel beat me to it :-D) - seat is booked.

The Thing On ;-)

copmike

Just last night I watched Hot Fuzz, but I only got to see about an hour and a half of it and I haven't finished it yet. Nicholas Angel(Shaun) and his partner Danny(Ed) are cops in the English countryside(Btw, you are right, Brainbox, this definitely confirmed that they were British), but Angel was originally from London and he was making everyone look bad so they sent him to the country. He does random things and you get to see 5(6?) people get murdered by someone in a hooded black cloak. I will describe as many as I can remember: The first one was some drunk guy who got blown up in his mansion, the second were two actors who got topped by an axe, the third was a shop owner who got her shears stabbed into her throat, and the fourth was a reporter who got his head pulverized by a large piece of rock from a building he was standing in front of. The first one was covered because the hoody put bacon, beans, and toast on and waited for it to blow, saying that it was his own fault. The second was covered because the hoody put the heads in the road and said it was a traffic accident. The third was covered because all the people in the Police station say she fell on her own shears. In reality, the whole station is a part of some cult which involves hooded black cloaks, and as far as I've got, I've seen old women with German MP-28s and sniper rifles, old men with shotguns, and reverends 8-

The other day I finally caught Bruce Almighty (yeah, a little late, eh? :-P) and I really loved it 8-

Yeah, the first movie is really funny, but I wouldn't really recommend the second (Evan Almighty), IMHO, EA really sucks :-X (the story, that is ;-) ).

Yeah, the trend is that any Jim Carrey movie sequel without Jim Carrey is going to suck :-| Thanks for the heads up!

I saw Transformers again yesterday - still great fun. And today I saw Clerks, which I think has become one of my fave movies now. It's really funny, has such great heart, and really made me think. Both I would thoroughly recommend.

Rush Hour 3. I like their childish dialog and the action. And they rampage Paris X-D!

Friday is premiere for F4 (Aredhel beat me to it :-D) - seat is booked.

The Thing On ;-)

copmike

Ohhhh yes, the Thing! I just love this creature... Sooo funny again with Johnny and Ben!

Hope you will enjoy!

thing.jpg

MOVIES ON AND ON AND ON!!!

-Aredhel

Saw Rise of the Silver Surfer last night and I trumly understands why I didn't go to see the first F4: its sucks big time !!

Lousy story, lousy casting (G and Alba is becoming skinny and in blonde she is just sososos) and most of all really lousy retarded humour !!

I was happy I didn't pay for that !!

The only cool thing is the Silver Surfer and his fantastic voice: Laurence Fishburne 8-

Caught a preview of The Bourne Ultimatum today. Matt Damon is indestructible. The movie was great too, not fond of some of the camerawork and some of the things Bourne did seemed only to make the film more exctiting. Dunno if it's better than the first but I had a good time.

I saw Rush Hour 3 last night, it was pretty funny. It wasn't a masterpiece, and it wasn't 'amazing', but there were some funny parts. I'm not sure how the movie will go over in France though... 8-|

Sadly the outtakes were the best part of the film :-D :-D

I saw the Rodriguez masterpiece "Planet Terror" and its just amazing !!

The movie starts with a made up preview of a fantasticly violent and hilarious movie calle Machete (remeber that knife dude from Desperado 8-

gimme five, I saw it yesterday.

That movie was amazing. The main problem being that machete is the best part and it' sonly 2 minutes long. I hope they release a whole movie about this.

I also went to see ratatouille. I really enjoyed it. Great humour, great story, excellent animation.

Well I saw a few movies recently...

First I saw a movie that came out a few years ago called "Grandma's Boy". It's all about drugs and sex and is just hilarious :-D If anyone hasn't seen it, make sure to!

Then I went to see Superbad, a comedy movie about highschool seniors trying to have sex before they leave for college. A lot of really funny moments that makes this the best comedy that has come out this year so far. Ending is great too *y*

And I finally saw White Chicks. It was...eh.

hairspray, it was the best! Amanda bynes preformance was stunning and those tunes were so catchy...

:-D I cant beleive you fell for that! :-D But in all seriousness there is an emoticon to show you just how i felt after this movie, half of which i slept through, embarasingly slouched in my chair, it is :-X. I only saw it because my young cousins wanted to see it. I tagged along as i hadnt seen them in ages. I purposefully walked out of the theater shaking my head in shame, simply because i wanted anyone who wasnt there to know that i didnt enjoy it in the least.

Edited by john cleese

I have seen Hey Dude, where is my car yesterday evening on DVD.... Must say... really crazy and funny and great!

-Aredhel

Rush Hour 3.

Decent movie, hilarious, some dumb parts, and the acting wasn't too bad.

"Everybody was kung fu fightin' "!!!

:-D

Finally got round to watching K-PAX yesterday, one of those films i always wanted to see but never got round to it. I have to say it did not disappoint! A great film *y*

last movie i've seen.... Starsky & Hutch on tv