EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Just saw Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Truly excellent. A few things missing but otherwise accurate to the book. Highly recommended.

Thor 2 was quite fun, though Tom Hiddlestone was very under used and I missed Kenneth Branagh as director. Rather a light weight film.

Jacob's Ladder was very very good, though I guessed the story immediately. I was not really put off by the horror bits, but I am sure that I would have been very scared as a teenager. Still a must watch.

The Fisher King was gentler and deeper than I remembered it. Jeff Bridges should have got an Oscar for this, for sure. His performance was absolutely outstanding. The story is a redemption journey.

:classic:

I just saw Catching Fire, and then the Doctor Who "movie". The term "movie" is somewhat loose, it's referred to as a movie, and it technically is, but it's also treated as an episode. And yes, I did go to the cinema to watch it, and I must say the intros they didn't add to the TV version were hilarious. Especially the Sontarans eating popcorn :grin:

Oh, haven't watched the Day of the Doctor yet. I'm lucky enough to have a theatre relatively close by so I can watch the upcoming Madoka Magica movie :excited: But they're showing the movie at 7:00 on a Monday, so if the movie is 2 hours long, I'll probably be home by midnight on a Monday :cry_sad:

Day of the Doctor was great fun. Watched the Hobbit (again) at the weekend in preparation for the second one, it will be our first trip to the cinema this year owing to the fact we have a new baby daughter.

so I can watch the upcoming Madoka Magica movie :excited: But they're showing the movie at 7:00 on a Monday, so if the movie is 2 hours long, I'll probably be home by midnight on a Monday :cry_sad:

Lucky son of a- :laugh:

The Bourne Identity. My grandparents( With whom my family is currently visiting) didn't have anything interesting to watch, and when I visited my uncle and aunt, all their movies were chick flicks. Except the Bourne Identity, which they let me borrow.

Fun movie. I liked it. I would recommend it to anyone who likes action thrillers.

Recently seen Thor: The Dark World and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in cinemas over the last couple of weeks. Thor: The Dark World was brilliant and one of the best Marvel movies so far IMO (only Avengers beats it). The end-credits scene was enjoyable as well. As for Catching Fire, it was the best film I have watched this year by far, and was very accurate to the book as well (only a few bits were missing from the books, and a few things were added). Definitely worth the wait. Next up will be The Desolation of Smaug.

I've managed to not watch Monsters Inc. my whole life, and I finally watched the remastered Blu-Ray version. It was great, I can't imagine how much work goes into stuff like that. :wacko:

I watched The Internship today on TV, and it was pretty bad. I was still entertained for the most part, but I didn't laugh at all. It was a huge Google advertisement. D. :sceptic:

Oh, and my movie theater-going hiatus ends tomorrow. I gotta catch up on all the films I missed since November 8th, and we're starting with Thor: The Dark World! :sweet:

Watched the Lone Ranger yesterday (dvd arrived early). I was expecting it to be a bit rubbish, but it wasnt too bad. Not quite a comedy more action adventure. Certainly not as bad as some reviews made out when it was released

Saw Thor: The Dark World on Saturday... meh. It was much worse than I expected. I was bored at parts, and the villain and stingers were a total disappointments. Still, the action scenes were pretty cool. C.

Ive watched plenty of films recently, but the most outstanding one by far was The Family which I happened to have watched last night. De Niros performance was fantastic and as always he fits in with his gang roles superbly. The are also some well 'executed' moments, this film certainly provided me with a lot of laughs, I really recommend this film so get to your nearest cinema, even if you've already watched it its certainly worth a rewatch.

I really liked the reference of 'Good Fellas' in the film, there are also some other references but seriously this film is 'worth dying for'.

:classic:

I watched Snowpiercer. You know, the Korean movie (somehow) starring Chris Evans? From a Hollywood standard point of view, it was pretty lackluster and cliched. The story is another one-side-is-poor-one-side-is-rich one, like Elysium, Upside Down and The Hunger Games. But from a Korean movie standpoint...Its arguably the best Korean movies I saw. Probably slightly biased since this is pretty much the first, second, give or take, Korean movie I have watched. Plus, its great that 80% of the dialogue is English.

Just saw the Magnificent Seven. Great to get back to the days of the Western films. :laugh:

I saw most of Ender's Game on Sunday (I didn't walk out, projector broke). I have to say, I was extremely disapointed in the movie as a whole. Visuals were excellent, CGI was excellent, but the way they handled the conversion from book to movie makes me intensely sad. I doubt anyone who hasnt read the book would even "get" what's really happening. As a matter of fact I went with someone who hadn't read the book and the comment made was "I didn't really get what was going on" :laugh:

Watched Elf last night, had seen it before but its great for Christmas. Looking forward to the Hobbit on Friday.

I recently watched spaceballs. "corporal, get me a video cassette of spaceballs the movie!"

Gravity: The best film I've seen for a long, long time. It's hard to find fault with any aspects, especially Bullock's acting performance.

I've heard from about 10 people that Gravity is an amazing movie, just might have to watch it. Only 9 more days till the Madoka Magica movie! :moar:

I watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy yesterday, pretty good! :sweet:

Seemed to drag on unnecessary parts for an eternity. :look: