EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I saw Fast and Furious 6 yesterday, it was okay, the middle was really boring, but the ending was very thrilling. I'd give that a C. I saw Fast 5 last week, and it was decent. I'd give it a C+.

Watched both Prometheus and Slumdog Millionaire last night; both were great.

Blade Runner. Good sci-fi film, albeit with a weird and creepy storyline. The character Roy Batty made it worth watching by himself.

Les Miserables. I'm normally not a big musical fan, but the film was excellent and quite moving.

Yesterday I watched Hangover 3, it was too funny for words and it was really entertaining, if you are considering to see it I'd highly recommend watching the credits at the end, its so funny and if you've watched the other hangovers your certainly going to love this. IMO this is the best and funniest hangover film to date. :classic:

I've seen Star Trek: Into Darkness, and while it was cool movie, I still prefer the older ones.

Dredd- ******* Awesome. 4/5

Avengers Assemble ( don't worry guys, for the 3rd time)- Enjoyed it again, even if the story is a bit all over the place trying to cram in many major characters. 3.8/5

Just saw Man of Steel; a pretty good movie but there were a lot of cheesy moments.

Hired and watched the Silver Linings Playbook. A very great film that I definetely recommend. Jennifer and Bradley were absolutely stunning.

Hired and watched the Silver Linings Playbook. A very great film that I definetely recommend. Jennifer and Bradley were absolutely stunning.

Definitely one of my top 5 favourite movies ever.

Star Trek: Into Darkness. Astoundingly brilliant, confirms my belief that Cumberbatch is one of the best actors in the world right now.

As a huge fan of the original film series, I loved all of the little details that matched up to Wrath Of Khan; especially the reversed deaths at the end and Khan's 'family'.

Saw Man of Steel... I really liked it! I could see the problems in the C.D. department, but still. B+

I'm about to go see Despicable Me 2, I'll report back soon.

Edit: the movie was good, but I wont say anything because I can't do spoiler tags on my phone.

Edited by howie28

MAN OF STEEL

Hmm, I think this will (In my mind) be like Iron Man 1. Good, not quite perfect, but it'll be hard for a sequel to live up to it.

I'm not sure what I think about the flashback format of Clark's growing up, and the pacing in general wasn't all that great.

Digital doubles were necessary, but noticeable, and mass destruction on a global scale doesn't quite equal dark and gritty.

The Jor-El 'ghost' was a great concept, and the mythology changes were actually cool, and added to the story.

I'm curious what Superman will use as a Fortress of Solitude now, as all of the kryptonian ships are now gone.

And if one reporter can find out who Clark is in a short amount of time, imagine if somebody else, or even the government tried.

Unlike many superhero films of this era, there wasn't a obvious set-up for a sequel. Yes, there were Luther trucks, and the Wayne Enterprises satellite, but no after credits scene.

I'm looking forward to more installments in this universe, but if they keep up the rate of collateral damage, then Earth won't make it though too many movies.

Superman's power level was perfect. He was strong, and hard to kill, but not invincible. I like how he doesn't have a real weakness, but is a bit more venerable to Kyptonion tech.

Also, showing the girl baddie taken out by the missile was great, but it was a bit disappointing to see her return.

The Military also had a nice reaction. Starting at the "Fight all of them," and after just one battle switching to a "Help Superman" attitude. It's similar to the treatment Hulk got, but his being less controlled stretched that process out. Also, Superman taking out the drone was a nice touch.

There's only one reason it's not higher on my list....It's lacking fun. Plain old fashioned fun/humor. Sure, that can be over-used, and it can't always fit in with the tone, but even Batman Begins had some nice moments of fun. It doesn't even attempt to balance fun and drama, but instead leans way too heavily to the latter.

I do agree with the director, as this really needs a sequel before they add in more heroes.

It had a lot of flashy effects, which wasn't a huge problem, but the goal for #2 should be concentrating more on the story, and less on the spectacle.

Sadly, I'm not clambering to watch it again, unlike others such as The Avengers and the Hobbit.

So IMHO it's a solid movie, and ranks about the middle of the more recent superhero films, but falls a bit lower after adding in my other favorites.

Edited by SteampunkDoc

All 52 Disney animated features, from Snow White to Wreck-it-Ralph. Quite the project, I tell you. However, it was worth it.

All 52 Disney animated features, from Snow White to Wreck-it-Ralph. Quite the project, I tell you. However, it was worth it.

Do you have a top 5 list? :P

Do you have a top 5 list? :P

I actually do (top 10).

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

2. Pinocchio

3. Beauty and the Beast

4. The Lion King

5. Fantasia

6. Aladdin

7. The Jungle Book

8. 101 Dalmatians

9. Sleeping Beauty

10. The Little Mermaid

Man of Steel

Oh, it was fantastic. Took mum, she loved it too, we were edge of our seat at some points.