EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Iron Man and Iron Man 2 in preparation for Iron Man 3. I was able to pick up on the stuff that I missed when I first watched them (such as Black Widow's identity in Iron Man 2 and the Ten Rings in Iron Man, as well as the references to the Thor film in Iron Man 2), thus making the films all the more enjoyable. Over a month to go now until Iron Man 3.

*EDIT* There is one thing I don't get in Iron Man 2. Why on earth does Tony Stark have Captain America's shield in Iron Man 2 when he is making his new arc reactor with the particle collider?

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

Skyfall. (Also known as Home Alone 007.) Not many actors that I recognise, strangely. Apart from the 2 recurring main characters I recognised Ralph Fiennes.

Ding dong the witch is dead... Good riddance, bring on the new M.

Edited by Artanis I

Watched Jack the Giant Slayer with the family tonight. I mostly wanted to watch for Ewan McGregor, but I did rather enjoy the film. It was pretty entertaining, and had a few good laughs. Wouldn't mind watching it again.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. My daughter wanted to watch it Saturday night and me being a merciful father, obliged.

Actually I've rewatched all 8 films with her over the past few weeks, no problems there. HP is what brought me out of my Dark Ages.

As far as why Captain America's shield was in Iron Man 2, there really isn't a reason. Basically to hold up his particle reactor I think. But this article just says it was in there as an easter egg for the fans and to allude to Captain America's own movie.

As far as why Captain America's shield was in Iron Man 2, there really isn't a reason. Basically to hold up his particle reactor I think. But this article just says it was in there as an easter egg for the fans and to allude to Captain America's own movie.

Ah. That makes sense. I think that it was clever because it was a very subtle way of hinting at Captain America's own film. I'll be sure to watch Captain America: The First Avenger at some point to pick up on its easter eggs.

Anyways, the last film that I watched was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. To me, this film could easily have a sequel that expands on things and better leads up to The Planet of the Apes. Still a pretty good film though.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

Warrior (2011); probably one of it not Tom Hardy's best movie so far, because his career is going nowhere but up.

EDIT: Sorry, messed up the title.

Edited by Leo Crimson

I was watching "The Brest Fortress" a Russian war movie about the Sovjet defense of the Brest fortress (that was taken from the Poles in ´39) during the opening stages of Barnarossa in ´41.

The 1968 version of Planet of the Apes at school. For a film released at that time, the quality is very impressive. The costumes of the apes is probably the worst part, but they aren't too bad. A good film, with an excellent ending.

The 1968 version of Planet of the Apes

Some terrible over-acting from Charlton in that movie, but very memorable lines. The better of the 5 from the original series by a fair margin. It's pretty good for a 60s sci-fi movie.

^^"for it's time"? Planet of the Apes would be a good movie if it was released tomorrow in my view. It's proper sci-fi in that it raises a whole bunch of questions about the way we live by recontextualising issues like sexism, racism, hunting, the Bomb. It's rare to get something that wide ranging today.

Star Trek 1-10 - yup, Khan is the best but I liked all of the original crew ones.

Skyfall - Daniel Craig is getting better, the storylines aren't.

Cloud Atlas - either totally brilliant or pretentious nonsense, I haven't decided yet. Maybe both? This is as wide ranging as PoTA. Great performances from Doona Bae, Hugh Grant, Hugo Weaving, Jim Broadbent.

John Carter - much much much better than expected.

Wolverine - less bad than expected, Hugh Jackman was pretty good.

Escape from New York - Snaaake! Amazing that people would think of turning the world's most expensive real estate into a prison. Times change! Lee van Cleef and Kurt Russell dream team.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

"Oz the Great and Powerful". Being an "Oz" fan, I loved this film. The only problem that it had was Mila Kunis as (SPOILER) the Wicked Witch of the West. It would've preferred if she and Rachel Weisz had switched roles. But overall, great film :grin: !

I watched Oz the other day as well, and I enjoyed it as well, however I wished the acting was slightly better..

I also watched it on Imax 3D and it was well worth the extra few dollars..especially that waterfall scene! :sweet:

Saw the Incredible Burt Wonderstone movie today, and it was pretty bad. 4.5/10 for me.

^^"for it's time"? Planet of the Apes would be a good movie if it was released tomorrow in my view. It's proper sci-fi in that it raises a whole bunch of questions about the way we live by recontextualising issues like sexism, racism, hunting, the Bomb. It's rare to get something that wide ranging today.

Skyfall - Daniel Craig is getting better, the storylines aren't.

John Carter - much much much better than expected.

1. well the prosthetics & effects would have it laughed off the screen if it was released tomorrow, but for its time that is a different matter.

2. those little dragons (iguanas?) were terrible. Vintage Bond. :laugh:

3. that film was harshly treated, I really enjoyed it. Everyone seems to say it was terrible but none of those people I talked to had watched it. Experts on something they know nothing about. I think it's all just word-of-mouth based on the fact that it cost so much but didn't make much back. But that's good sci-fi for you, expensive & unpopular.

Ted - it was so wrong on so many levels, but I couldn't stop watching! It was hilarious.

The Hobbit again. :laugh:

Same; my mom went and bought the Blu-Ray/DVD/Ultraviolet pack from Walmart even though I said several times it'd be better to wait a little for the price to drop.

Whatever; still enjoyable, plus I don't have to spend time ripping a copy for my iPod. All good.

Had a bit of a boring weekend, so I made things interesting by watching the Michael Bay Transformers trilogy. A lot of people criticise them for one reason or another, but I highly enjoy them.

Same; my mom went and bought the Blu-Ray/DVD/Ultraviolet pack from Walmart even though I said several times it'd be better to wait a little for the price to drop.

Whatever; still enjoyable, plus I don't have to spend time ripping a copy for my iPod. All good.

I'm waiting for the full trilogy to come out in the 'uber deluxe extended edition box set, because we know PJ will milk this for all it's worth...

Went to see Olympus Has Fallen today...

Fething epic-awsomesauce! Gerard Buttler AND Aaron Ekheart in the same film?! Double the eye-candy and double the epic bad***ary! :grin:

Mind you, the film makes the poor Secret Service out to be morons in general - seeing hordes of them running right into the pair of .50 cals that are firing non-stop and gunning them down like it's a turkey-shoot...

Or the token "arrogant dumb*** general" who of corse insists the SEAL team & Blackhawks can fly through the heavy AA fire of dooooooom!

Overall though, it's a great film with no shortage of epic one-liners.