EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Saw The Last Legion. I think the story had great potential but I was disappointed at the lack of massive battles. At one point they mentioned that there was 1000s of enemy soldiers attacking but it looked more like about 100-150.

Not really a movie, but I just watched (most of) TCW episode "Landing at Point Rain".

Great, but this topic is for movies, not 20 minute cartoons you couldn't finish. There are others for talking about SW, TCW, & animated TV shows. :wacko:

Saw The Last Legion. I think the story had great potential but I was disappointed at the lack of massive battles. At one point they mentioned that there was 1000s of enemy soldiers attacking but it looked more like about 100-150.

I guess you could truly call that a "failure to be epic" :laugh: ... [NO ONE SAY IT :angry: ]

Recently watched Major League & the sequel again. First one is better, Wesley Snipes as Willie Mays Hayes. Second one does have some good moments though. "Right Guard Sport Stick - anything less would be uncivilised. Upside Down. :grin: " Apparently there's a 3rd movie. It probably sucks.

I guess you could truly call that a "failure to be epic" :laugh: ... [NO ONE SAY IT :angry: ]

It was a failure to be epic. :grin:

On topic:

I actually saw The Last Legion a few years ago, and was really suprised by the final scene. :oh:

Recently, I've seen the POTC saga, and I think this describes my feelings pretty well:

:wub_drool: / :wub:

It was a failure to be epic. :grin:

I meant no one say the thing that I know you're all thinking. :vader:

Great, but this topic is for movies, not 20 minute cartoons you couldn't finish. There are others for talking about SW, TCW, & animated TV shows. :wacko:

Recently watched Major League & the sequel again. First one is better, Wesley Snipes as Willie Mays Hayes. Second one does have some good moments though. "Right Guard Sport Stick - anything less would be uncivilised. Upside Down. :grin: " Apparently there's a 3rd movie. It probably sucks.

Sorry. :blush: I was not sure where else to post this.

Won't do it again. :blush:

I saw the TV series "V" (Visitors) in version 2009. I didn't knew it had stopped in the middle of the second season, leading to a ridiculous senseless end. Don't lose your time watching it, you will be severely despited.

Disney's The Princess and the Frog. I quite liked it. The voice acting was good, especially Keith David, and the characters likeable. But I thought it was rusged toward the end, particularly with the romance plot.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Just watched John Carter. I went into it without any expectations as I knew nothing about the movie other than what I'd seen in the trailers on T.V. Year after year I wonder how Disney can stay relevant. In recent years they milked Toy Story dry and after Prince of Persia bombed, I was left thinking about what original story they could possibly do.

Surprise, surprise, Disney has made another original movie that's pretty flipping awesome. I really enjoyed the storyline, characters and special effects. To top it off, my kids, as well as my friends' kids loved it.

Which leads me to another thing. While watching the movie and thinking of how awesome the special effects were, I wondered where would movies and special effects be today without people like George Lucas to push the envelope. Things have come a long way in my lifetime. I can't wait to see what's next.

Just watched Ghost Rider 2.

The single worst movie I have ever watched.

I'm lucky I'm not blind now.

It's so bad in so many instances that I don't even know where to begin. So I'll say this at once: STAY AWAY FROM GHOST RIDER 2!!! Risk your sanity at your own risk -- you have been warned!

Saw Hugo last night. It was a good and amazing looking movie. It was definitely mis-advertised, as it looked like a 'chase' movie, but it was really

a film exploring the magic of film.

I give it an 8.5/10. :wink:

Edited by just2good

I watched the live action version of Space Battleship Yamato last night. SO much fun, and some amazing effects. Definitely worth a watch.

Just watched John Carter. I went into it without any expectations as I knew nothing about the movie other than what I'd seen in the trailers on T.V. Year after year I wonder how Disney can stay relevant. In recent years they milked Toy Story dry and after Prince of Persia bombed, I was left thinking about what original story they could possibly do.

Surprise, surprise, Disney has made another original movie that's pretty flipping awesome. I really enjoyed the storyline, characters and special effects. To top it off, my kids, as well as my friends' kids loved it.

Which leads me to another thing. While watching the movie and thinking of how awesome the special effects were, I wondered where would movies and special effects be today without people like George Lucas to push the envelope. Things have come a long way in my lifetime. I can't wait to see what's next.

Just back in from watching this with the kids and can't help but feel it is far more miss than hit. The actor playing John Carter was awful, no two ways about it and I can't help but feel if a better actor had been found the movie would be so much better. You simply can't believe in him, a pity in fact that two of the finest actors in the film are CGI rendered in Thomas Haden Church and Samantha Morton.

The plotline shifts around two much and a little like the Lord of The Rings films I want to read the original novel now to get a proper detail of the maps of mars and the religion and theories behind the movie so in that regard it has done its job. What the film does show how inspired George Lucas was by the book, the similarities at times are striking.

The special effects are brilliant, I did however only see it in 2D.

Uhhhh....... The Lorax. :blush:

Went with the nieces & nephews, not a bad movie, but could have been better. I tend to not like any of the 'modern renditions' of Dr. Suess in movie form, they just deviate too much from the classic books. :sceptic:

Just saw Jack and Jill. The one with Adam Sandler.

None of the jokes were funny, and they were all predictable. The movie was poorly edited, since most scenes seemed out of place. Most characters were annoying and throw-aways. There was also a ton of pointless star-cameos, and product placement everywhere. And worst of all, there was a bunch of racist jokes and stereotypes.

I didn't even finish it. I walked away half way through. It was really THAT bad. 1/10 :angry::thumbdown:

Edited by just2good

Saw Act of Valor last week. Wow, great movie. Amazing, actually. If you're a fan of military tactics and such, or even a fan of Modern Warfare video game, see this movie. But, bring tissues, you too guys. It got to me.

POTC: On Stranger Tides

I didn't think it was nearly as bad as the reviews I saw. Not my favorite of the series, but I enjoyed it.

Recently saw The lorax, Ghost Rider 2.

The lorax was fantastic. I didn't like a few parts but overall it was very entertaining.

Ghost Rider 2 was god awful. Don't go see it. I'm not sure why I did. But it was pretty terrible.

Took my daughter to see The Secret World of Arrietty. I nice movie that we both enjoyed. Not particularly wowed by it, but a nice family movie nonetheless.

The lorax was fantastic. I didn't like a few parts but overall it was very entertaining.

My favorite part of it had to be Mitt Romney's reaction.

"Damn liberals trying to turn kids into treehuggers"-Mitt Romney, after seeing The Lorax.

Hilarious. :laugh:

John Carter- 3D. The 3D was pretty cool. The movie itself was good, some parts were a bit weird. I'd see it again.

I saw Hugo. It was really good, maybe just a little too drawn out in the first half. The sets and characters were very nice.

Just watched the anticipated movie, The Hunger Games.

Personally I found it only alright..

I finished the book just before I went to watch it, and the book was good.

The movie was....decent

Since the book has some glory scenes in it too scary for the little fans, the camera angle was....interesting :look:

The fight scenes were very jolty and obscure, which sort of ruined it for me..

Acting wise though everyone was brilliant :sweet: