EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Chronicle, 9/10. It was definitely the best film that I've seen in 2012 (considering the only other film I saw was 'Man on the Ledge'). :wink:

Star Wars Episode I in 3D. It was a total geek fest. :laugh:

Was the 3D any good?

Chronicle, 9/10. It was definitely the best film that I've seen in 2012 (considering the only other film I saw was 'Man on the Ledge'). :wink:

Funny, the last thing I saw was Man on a Ledge too, and I really enjoyed that. Judging by the less than impressive previews and the mostly negative reviews of Chronicle, I doubt that I'd like it better, but I might give it a go when it comes on DVD.

Was the 3D any good?

I would like someone's opinion about it before I watch it as well..

At points you could take the glasses off and see everything clearly, but then during, say, the pod-racing scene, it was very good. But some guy kept walking in front of me in his full Darth Vader getup (:ugh:) so I only saw half of that scene. :enough:

Funny, the last thing I saw was Man on a Ledge too, and I really enjoyed that. Judging by the less than impressive previews and the mostly negative reviews of Chronicle, I doubt that I'd like it better, but I might give it a go when it comes on DVD.

Mostly negative?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chronicle/

I guess 85% fresh rating is mostly negative...if you squint a little.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

At points you could take the glasses off and see everything clearly, but then during, say, the pod-racing scene, it was very good. But some guy kept walking in front of me in his full Darth Vader getup (:ugh:) so I only saw half of that scene. :enough:

I saw TPM today and I thought it was pretty cool 3D. The pod race scene and when Ani was in the N-1 were awesome! The 3D wasn't that...how to put it..."jump off the screen" kind of 3D. It was more of a "pop off the screen" 3D. It felt like you were in the cockpit of the onscreen ship. I noticed the announcers screens were 3D as well. It wasn't Avatar 3D, but it was worth admission. Oh! And at the theater we went to we got some sweet Darth Maul glasses. The front part of the frame is red, the arms are black. One side has Mauls menacing eyes staring into your soul, while the other aide has "Star Wars The Phantom Menace 3D" on it. Very cool!

I saw Disney's Peter Pan and then half of The Black Cauldron. I hadn't seen either one in years (decades? I'm old now). I remember reading Black Cauldron and also playing the computer game back in the day, but I don't remember seeing the movie really. I must have been pretty young when I saw it. It's pretty dark, and I can see why Disney doesn't bring it up all that often. Peter Pan was about as good as I remember it being.

Sherlock, new season, so good. The deductions were amazing!!

tons of phineas and ferb episode and arthur i know these are for younger guys but i still like it

This IS a movie thread.

I saw Safe House yesterday. Pretty good movie.

Saw the film-version of 'Of Mice And Men'. Quite emotional and sad, and it is one of those films in which one wishes things could have turned out differently. :sad:

Saw the film-version of 'Of Mice And Men'. Quite emotional and sad, and it is one of those films in which one wishes things could have turned out differently. :sad:

It's been filmed at least twice - there's a black & white version and a colour version. I haven't seen the old b&w one but in the colour version John Malkovich is amazing - the man is like some kind of shape-shifter, he changes form for whatever role he's in. Also possibly the only good book I was made to read at school - heart wrenching stuff :cry_sad:.

It's been filmed at least twice - there's a black & white version and a colour version. I haven't seen the old b&w one but in the colour version John Malkovich is amazing - the man is like some kind of shape-shifter, he changes form for whatever role he's in. Also possibly the only good book I was made to read at school - heart wrenching stuff :cry_sad:.

It was the colour version. And yeah Malkovich is pretty good as Lennie, tugs on the heartstrings at the end when he keeps asking about the rabbits. :sad:

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes with the family this evening. It wasn't bad but I was expecting a lot more out of it. Not happy with the ending as it seemed to just end.

Did you watch the short scene after the end titles start? Plus the end titles themselves are brilliant and continue to show what is happening after the story.

Took my daughter to see The Phantom Menace 3D yesterday - she asked to see it because it's the only Star Wars film she likes :sceptic:. I can't say the 3D had any major effect on the film, I thought the pod-race would be impressive, but it wasn't, and some bits looked a bit odd. Proof that 'you can't polish a turd' but my daughter enjoyed it and that's what matters.

BTW I never noticed how short Darth Maul is before :laugh:

Watched 'The Dark Knight' yesterday.

Great and very action-packed movie, looking forward to 'The Dark Knight Rises' now... :classic:

~ General Magma

Kari-gurashi no Arietti (or The Secret World of Arietty as its called in the US ....)

What a nice and relaxing movie!

On Bluray (as it only played in selected theaters here in Germany which basically means nowhere ..... Also it always played afternoon hours ... its animation, so its for kids :cry_sad: )

Did you watch the short scene after the end titles start? Plus the end titles themselves are brilliant and continue to show what is happening after the story.

Took my daughter to see The Phantom Menace 3D yesterday - she asked to see it because it's the only Star Wars film she likes :sceptic:. I can't say the 3D had any major effect on the film, I thought the pod-race would be impressive, but it wasn't, and some bits looked a bit odd. Proof that 'you can't polish a turd' but my daughter enjoyed it and that's what matters.

BTW I never noticed how short Darth Maul is before :laugh:

I think you need to be to cover the range of martial arts that Ray Park knows or at least it certainly helps.

Got the Blu Ray box set and so have watched the film recently, your opinion is like many I've heard and I'll hold off going to the cinema to see it. I do however hope AoTC gets the 3D treatment as it should work well though I'm still not sold on the whole concept.

Watched Man on a Ledge. Complete hokum but brilliant popcorn movie, leave your brain at the door.

"The Sword And The Sorceror" - a dodgy old 80s sowrd & sorcery (duh) flick with Lee Horsley. SO much fun to watch!

In the ending credits it says "Talon will return in TALES OF THE ANCIENT KINGDOM". I remember waiting for years as a kid for this to get made, but it never did. I foundout yesterday after Googling it that they DID make it, 25 years later.

Unfortunately, it stars Kevin Sorbo, so I don't hold out much hope for it...

Just watched Dirty Harry on TV, It's years since I've watched this film, what a classic! And now Magnum Force is just starting :sweet:

Saw Chronicle last week. Not a bad movie, a little short. It had some funny parts. I liked how they filmed it, as if it were being filmed by the actors with a hand cam. It was worth seeing.

Not really a movie, but I just watched (most of) TCW episode "Landing at Point Rain". Awsome!

Some of the best lines were:

"That sounds. . .entertaining." "It was; for the Geonosians."

"Copy that, Commander. Have fun down there."

"Gentlemen, if you are quite finished, we have a battle to fight."

Among others.

Great episode!