Siegfried

Arealight Twi'lek

I just bought some Arealight Twi'leks and I thought I'd share some quick photos of them! :wub:

DSC04824es2.JPG

They are very well moulded, have great colour matching, and the printing is excellent. The waisted torso is an especially cool concept that I wish TLG would do; if you're going to print breasts and hips you might as well use a different piece! You can find more photos of these lovely ladies on the Arealight Flickr page.

DSC04842es.JPG

Here you can see inside the torso. It's much the same as the TLG parts, but with a hip. I've given it a few test squeezes and it seems strong.

DSC04846es.JPG

What appears to be a moulding mark is visible at certain angles. It isn't overly noticeable normally.

DSC04847es.JPG

"Two against one? No fair!"

As a bit of trivia, all of the Twi'leks are based off "real" characters.

White: Lyn Me, Max Rebo Band dancer in Return of the Jedi Special Edition

Blue: Aayla Secura, Jedi Master

Red: Darth Talon, Sith Apprentice in Star Wars: Legacy comics. (Never read so I don't know any more.)

Orange (supposed to be yellow and red): Ayy Vida, General background nobody in Attack of the Clones that someone seems to like a lot.

Green: Oola, The rancors lunch

Also I bought a blank torso and some hair.

DSC04843es.JPG

Looks very standard on the inside. It's hard to see but there seems to be a "makers mark" on the inside of the inverted stud. A stylised "A" and "L"?

DSC04825es.JPG

Some of the hair pieces have a relatively obvious mould mark on the top. (You can see it in this photo.) It isn't a major concern though, and I suspect it'll improve with handling/fondling.

Even so, I highly recommend Arealight's work.

(If people want to post stuff made with Arealight parts feel free.)

Whoa, those look awesome! Arealight sure know how to print well. I'm a bit hesitant about the torsos though, I mean, sure they look great, but are they weaker than regular torsos or anything like that? With the different shape and all.

Thanks for sharing these with us Siegfried!

I suspect it'll improve with handling/fondling.

No, no, I can't, it's... it's too obvious a set-up... :grin:

~Peace

Nice and simple review Siegfried, thanks for that :classic: The new Arealight parts are exquisitely printed.

I don't have any of Arealight's new ABS parts but I do have two of his older resin hand cast female torsos. Strength

and durability-wise they're about the same as the original LEGO torsos. I know they look fragile but I believe Arealight

has only removed a superficial layer of plastic for the hips. So they're just as good as TLC's.

Nice photo. ) :thumbup:

Seems pretty vampiric to me. ) :laugh:

Since the twi'lek in front of the Walrus looks really pale and his should-be-white fangs seem to be covered in blood! ) :tongue:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Now isn't he a happy Walrus eh ? :grin:

Nice minifigs 'Siegfried' - yeah that red one is a worry but I think the blue one can make him happy ! :grin:

The white one is a bit young I think or could be the camera angle or something ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

With my 4,000th post I do commemorate the Walrus' harem :sadnew: Om shanti om!

I do like these saucy minxes compared to the official cross-eyed stumpy goblin in the Clone Turbo Tank set :thumbup:

I bought also Arealight Twi'leks.

I'm also very satisfied with the quality of the minifigs.

I love all the star wars minifigs, and these customs are great.

I'm just a bit disapointed that it was not possible to buy complete minifigs but just the specific parts.

I had to buy the arms, legs and hands with Bricklink.

Edited by Ar Sparfel

Ive been eyeing these up ever since they have been in Arealights store, and i must say, they look Fabulous! :wub:

Thanks for the nice simple review Sieggy! :sweet::thumbup:

CommanderFox

:blush: Since this was front paged I felt guilty so I've expanded the review!

I'm a bit hesitant about the torsos though, I mean, sure they look great, but are they weaker than regular torsos or anything like that? With the different shape and all.

So was I, and that's why I figured it was time to find out! To answer your question they seem strong to me. I've been playing with them all day... :laugh:

I know they look fragile but I believe Arealight has only removed a superficial layer of plastic for the hips.

Yes, while I would recommend this to AFOL collectors only, they seem well designed. What were the resin ones like?

Nice harem you've got there Sieggy (watch out for red Twi'lek though, she looks a bit evil/demonic...)

I was just going to get two, but I couldn't resist buying Darth Talon. I think she'll be usable in a fantasy setting as a demon/imp! :grin:

The white one is a bit young I think or could be the camera angle or something ?

Decide for yourself!

250px-Lynmefull2.jpg

With my 4,000th post I do commemorate the Walrus' harem :sadnew: Om shanti om!

I do like these saucy minxes compared to the official cross-eyed stumpy goblin in the Clone Turbo Tank set :thumbup:

What, no "woot"? :tongue: Yeah, I think these are far superior.

I'm just a bit disapointed that it was not possible to buy complete minifigs but just the specific parts.

I just used parts I had. The brown arm gave me some trouble, but I eventually borrowed one from a monkey! I do agree though that it would be nice if they sold them as complete figs... or at least complete torsos.

They really look great and realistic, but I don't like the female forms in the torso's. It's an interesting idea, but I prefer the original torso's.

They really look great and realistic, but I don't like the female forms in the torso's. It's an interesting idea, but I prefer the original torso's.

I agree- these are very well done- but i think that printed body curves are enough for these minifig-babes :tongue:

Looks very nice.

Although this Aayla Secura has no big white eyes she looks very grumpy,

like she's asking herself why she must on a pic with you (Stupid Fans *%@! :angry: ) :tongue::grin::wink:

And now for something completely different completely off-topic:

I saw your avatar pic of yesterday Siegfried, (with you and Hinckley disguised as droids, be observed by uncle Owen) and I found it a great pic, but I not seeing it any where than in your little avatar pic, so can you please place it bigger here? :classic:

These look truly great. I always like it when customs look like they could be produced by TLG themselves. The waist is great, although I wouldn't want TLG to switch to seperate male and female torsos, as this would reduce their versatility.

First off these are pretty brilliantly done. I did not know though thatyou could buy them printed :wub: . How do you?

I've meant to buy one of the female torsos and twi'lek heads for a while and if they come printed I might. I wonder how these will compare to lego's new twi'lek head.

I just used parts I had. The brown arm gave me some trouble, but I eventually borrowed one from a monkey! I do agree though that it would be nice if they sold them as complete figs... or at least complete torsos.

The brown arm from a monkey is a good idea. It would be good if they sold complete torsos.

I had difficulties with the orange, there are differencies with the old orange legs and the new ones.

I was very happy with the quality of the Arealight Twilek's as well and thought I would add some action shots to Sieggy's review. Not just limited to SW

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

Cheers

Awesome detail on the printing for it being a custom/hard piece to print.

I'm not so sure about the hips though, it looks more like they have love handles now. :tongue:

Cool figs! I've never particularly been into minifig customization, but I can recognize some of the talent that went into those things. The printing is lovely, and I like their version of Aayla much better than the chubby cartoon one in the Turbo Tank. I also like the idea of hips, but it looks a bit strange.

Thanks for sharing, Siegfried!

You beat me to it! LOL

I bought the head, headdress and torso for Aayla, and received her on tuesday. The arms ("borrowed" from a Rebel Fleet Trooper) were a bit tight to snap in, but they're nice and tight. Legs went in easily (the poor troll that donated them is half the troll he used to be though LOL) I didn't have blue hands, so i swapped the flesh hands from the RFT with the gray hands from one of my Sand People and voila! I later noticed that the official Aayla coming out with the turbo tank has gray hands too! (at least she did at toyfare)

Also got a pair of the sun visor/binocular pieces. Still have to mod my Cmdr. Bly helmet to take the binocular one, but the visor one fits perfectly on one of my other clones from the Spider Droid set. :)

About the only thing i don't like is the $15 US cost for a head, torso and headdress...Maybe i'm just cheap, but 60 bucks for the other 4, without arms or legs seems a bit expensive, even though they ARE custom molded and printed pieces.

I was very happy with the quality of the Arealight Twilek's as well and thought I would add some action shots to Sieggy's review. Not just limited to SW

I notice Oola is still flaunting her bare bottom; she's a naughty Twi'lek. :grin: